Character
    Myrialana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

How Ide Change the AH if i could.

Right now the AH is a sellers market in the extreme .... so many things are stuck behind a mastery wall and a "Clear super hard end game content" wall ... many jobs need to have gear crafted for after the content they are trying to clear to clear the content for worse gear than they had to buy.

Number one If given the chance i would completely rework the craft skill advancement .... All refining of materials should be in the first 10-20 levels ... so ANY crafter can make money on the AH immediately .... all they have to do is spend time refining raw materials into crafting MATS. and i mean all the crafting MATS ... i would love to see 10-20 skill crafters making base materials for 80 - 120(with gear) recipes.

Second ... we need to make materials that are generally only used to refine into another MAT drastically more attainable .... every bee drops a stinger 2 wings, maybe a 50% chance on honey ... Add Nets to fishing that can catch multiple fish in one toss.

Lastly .... i would get rid of the AH slowly over time by introducing a system at the crafting guilds to commission orders .... and crafters can search the commissions and do them for guild points and the money reward. couldn't hurt to make the commission board cross server.

This makes it drastically easier for newer players to try and get someone to craft them a lower level item .... then add in the option to use Guild Points to buy relic, AF, and Emperian 1M gold piece items or Plutons and other end game goodies.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...497#post617497

This would be a large QoL upgrade, link is here.

The idea about lowering the refined materials recipe down to 20 skill and under for capabilities for characters without high end crafts is a really good one! I do foresee players with those high end crafts crying their eyes out if implemented though.
    (1)

Character
    Myrialana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think essentially, each races drops need to align to certain attributes like say
    Gigas is :: +2 str, -1 dex, +2 Con, -1 MND
    Every single craft has a gigas drop they refine .....
    Each tier of gigas arms just needs enough of that refined material to meet its stats.
    so lets say lvl 30 gigas armlets are +4 Str -2 dex +4 con -2 mnd.
    means you need 2 cloths from gigas refines, and whatever MATS we consider required to make "Base Gloves"

Giving the entire craft system a coordinated "intuitive" recipe system anyone could almost guess the ingredients .... and so that same Gigas Cloth is still useful on say lvl 119 gear .... you just need lots of cloths to increase the "thread count".

so a low level crafter that can just make raw materials can do so for money and even a high level player will want to buy those basic building blocks to save time and effort.

I also think the crafting system would be incredibly enhanced for all crafters if we stop using RNG for success rate .... and HQ .... all crafts are normally NQ and theres a second craft where you take the NQ and add some items to make HQ .... these items should also be refinable at low crafting levels ...

All the building blocks of making an item need to be readily and easily available .... its the only way to break the end game deadlock on humungiously overpriced items ...

A brand new player stepping into this game and trying to use MMO logic and grabbing a craft is in for a world of hurt trying to level that up blind with no help they are going to lose tons of gil and gain almost nothing from it until they hit cap and have support crafts ... thats not a good craft experience.

It goes hand in hand with flipping the buying system to a buyers market ... and having commissions at the guild .... a player who likes to craft and make money will go out and grab raw materials and refine them ... then hit up the commission board and fill orders .... receiving NPC rewards in the shape of guild points .... and in game GIL commissions.

this also means that a suped up crafter doesnt just make only the top items for big gils .... if a low level player needs say a lvl 40 set of pants .... you cant get that now ... its sparks only, where if theres a commission system the lvl 40 player drops an order off at the appropriate guild and ANY player on the server can find it ... no need for tons of shouts looking for a crafter willing to do the work.

The trick is the guild rewards have to be worth it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Delgear; 08-05-2019 at 02:50 PM.