Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90

Did they updated the graphics since they stopped ps2 and x360 support ?

I was wondering if the game graphics have been uptade since they stopped ps2 and x360 support ?

I came back to the game 3 mounth ago. And the graphics looks horrible and the game was really slow. So after 1 hour of playing i took "you cannot say the name" to have graphics that match today screens.

Will dev team make HD graphics and 60 fps support one day ? Or the game is locked with PS2 limitations and old cathodic Tvs till its death?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I play 1920x1080 on my 32" TV. Still looks amazing to me.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    What are your setting ?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    I was wondering if the game graphics have been uptade since they stopped ps2 and x360 support ?

I came back to the game 3 mounth ago. And the graphics looks horrible and the game was really slow. So after 1 hour of playing i took "you cannot say the name" to have graphics that match today screens.

Will dev team make HD graphics and 60 fps support one day ? Or the game is locked with PS2 limitations and old cathodic Tvs till its death?
    No. There have been no graphical updates, except PC version updates that occured before the end of console service which added improved ability icons, and increased the resolution of the title logo & buttons, and the icons and font for player name plates.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What are your setting ?
    Obviously, each to their own, and somewhat some experimentation, but these are my settings:

(0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    No. There have been no graphical updates, except PC version updates that occured before the end of console service which added improved ability icons, and increased the resolution of the title logo & buttons, and the icons and font for player name plates.
    Only that ....
    Thanks for the info.
    I hope one day they'll update the graphics. At least to put them in HD. I'm not asking a rework of averything.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I have same settings. looks like i'm use to HD graphics and the game's graphics are too old to please my eyes
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Only that ....
    Thanks for the info.
    I hope one day they'll update the graphics. At least to put them in HD. I'm not asking a rework of averything.
    The issue is the game was designed and built in a time when video cards had a small fraction of the onboard memory that they have now, so they can't just do this because the game was designed to use a certain amount of memory. That, and it would mean raising the system requirements which might cut some people off, as more disk space would be required and updates which add new gear or content with new graphics would take dramatically longer over playonline's antiquated update system.

The game already uses a lot of space with the low res textures it has right now. Bringing them up to an acceptable quality for modern machines might double the needed disk space (or more).

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, because they should, but you should be aware that it would be a significant undertaking with challenges to overcome.
    (0)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    The issue is the game was designed and built in a time when video cards had a small fraction of the onboard memory that they have now, so they can't just do this because the game was designed to use a certain amount of memory. That, and it would mean raising the system requirements which might cut some people off, as more disk space would be required and updates which add new gear or content with new graphics would take dramatically longer over playonline's antiquated update system.

The game already uses a lot of space with the low res textures it has right now. Bringing them up to an acceptable quality for modern machines might double the needed disk space (or more).

I'm not saying they shouldn't do it, because they should, but you should be aware that it would be a significant undertaking with challenges to overcome.
    I though with the knowledge they have, they could make a program that put the game in HD and rework some graphics to match HD setting easely. And they could optimize all the stuff to take same space or just a little more. I'm not asking tons of Giga for 4K graphics lol just a little HD lol I was dreaming lol
    (0)

Character
    Sindaregion
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Have you considered upgrading your graphics card or adding more RAM? I came back to the game three years ago and also didn't see much of a difference in graphics when I was playing on my PS2. I upgraded my RAM to the most that the OS (Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit) would recognize and upgraded my graphics card, and saw an improvement. The graphics card that I had gotten was a decent NVida card rated for PC gaming, which has its own onboard memory cache to help give sharper graphics.
    (0)
    May Altana watch over us in all our endeavors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast