Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Player

Development Team Response Request - Job Adjustments

Development Team:

Are you currently happy with your current track record with the state of job adjustments?

When you started job adjustments many months ago, you actually put some thought into them and even adjusted multiple jobs a month.

You completely botched the Whm update, which you did eventually apologize for and revert. This level of honesty was refreshing from a development team that barely communicates with its player base anymore and seems completely out of touch with how the game is actually played these days.

For the last several months we have received updates that make jobs worse, updates that do nothing to actually address real issues with jobs and mostly a slow month at a time moving of merit point spells to scrolls.

Can you actually say you are proud of this work you have completed?

You do realize your players are still paying a monthly fee for these paltry updates, right?

A monthly change of merit spells to scrolls and a switch of Ambuscade can only happen for so long before more and more people stop subscribing to this game.

There are serious unaddressed issues with job balance, huge inventory concerns, zone lag, RMT. Not to mention the lack of content since Dynamis-Divergence.

We as paying players deserve better communication and better work from the development team. We understand that this game is in maintenance mode and that only so much can be done. But when updates are rolled out they should be impactful and improve the game.

The last several months of updates have been terrible and you need to do better. Furthermore, you need to communicate with your player base more because you are completely out of touch with the game as a whole.
    (4)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    (Disclaimer: This is not a rant. The guys on the digest videos genuinely seem like nice ppl. I am by no means angry, flaming, or upset with anyone. Just disappointed, that is all)

As a BST returning since 2015, I hear ya.

I feel like FFXI is in maintenance mode. However, if you are a paid to play service, and are taking customer's money on a monthly basis, there is no maintenance mode. Maintenance mode is for F2P games, that are simply alive for the smaller community who wants to play the game.

Coming back, it does not seem that things have improved, but pretty much stayed the same.... a little worst for certain jobs I hear. Granted, I just came back a week or so ago, and is mostly a career BST who played MNK and Ninja (But I have yet to jump back into those jobs)

Since coming back, I have been complaining about BST Ad Nauseam. When I checked wiki with excitement to see BST's new toys. BST jug cycle of Rabbits, Sheep, Fly, Mandy, Ant, and Flytrap was still a thing.......

Our best pet is Falcorr (Fantod > Heel > Back-heel or a Lucky Triple Attack), but he is capped at 114 me think? Or why a mnk jug has store tp.....? Are Scorpions and Wivre jugs hard to code into the game? Oh, they are already in the game....

KI is a great ability pending which species within the ecosystem you are fighting. Replacing Beast Affinity with in increase to KI damage would have been better imo. Say a Boost to 30% damage, defense, and intimidation when it is active with full merits.

As I mentioned, I was a Ninja main as-well. I was also one of the few people whom utilized throwing and Sange (Notably in Abyssea). During that time, they would release something like a Rare non-stackable shuriken with all throwing stats on it.... As someone who used throwing, I was like "Whaaaaa....?"

Shurikens were also hard to get, like rare drops off a BCNM or something. I get ppl used it for +enmity, but still....

Some things like that also make me feel if they are out of touch, and no thought goes into certain jobs. I get not many ppl can relate to the ninja stuff. However, I was one of the ppl whom would jump through their job hoops and make stuff work, only to be reminded it is more of a joke, and not much thought went into it....
    (4)
    Last edited by Beastorizer; 07-11-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastorizer View Post
    (Disclaimer:

I feel like FFXI is in maintenance mode. However, if you are a paid to play service, and are taking customer's money on a monthly basis, there is no maintenance mode. Maintenance mode is for F2P games, that are simply alive for the smaller community who wants to play the game.

Coming back, it does not seem that things have improved, but pretty much stayed the same.... a little worst for certain jobs I hear. Granted, I just came back a week or so ago, and is mostly a career BST who played MNK and Ninja (But I have yet to jump back into those jobs)
    I would like to know if the Devs actually play this game. The missteps they have been making leave no other explanation except that they don't.

The slow pace of job adjustments that had spiraled into just minor merit point adjustments is pathetic. We deserve better for our money.

If they are going to continue down this path of half hearted and broken job adjustments, I wish they wouldn't even bother. There are more pressing things like QoL issues, zone lag (Dynamis-D), and the inventory system that is beyond broken at this point in the game's life. I cannot add much more gear at all for my existing jobs and cannot take up any new jobs because my inventory is completely FUBAR. Yet, they keep adding more and more items that cannot be stored and are telling us there is no way to increase inventory capacity further.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rotflcopter View Post
    We understand that this game is in maintenance mode and that only so much can be done.
    I think there are two things that I would personally class as maintenance issues, and a 'priority fix':

1) The Ambuscade queue: Although, I understand that SE is working on this. It appears to be a one server issue.
    2) RMT, but cheats even more so: I don't know if it's just me, but I'm seeing a lot of botting and RMT activity.

Yesterday I went to Escha-Zitah for dragons, it was littered with automated/botting mastered, mentored players. One was actually following my engaged (purple highlighted) monster around. Really annoying.
    I then proceeded to enter the BCNM Trove battle, to be presented with 24/7 shield botters standing right by the HP point. All this is wrecking game balance.

PS: PLEASE extend the /blist cap to past 100 (and yes, it's that bad).
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    2) RMT, but cheats even more so: I don't know if it's just me, but I'm seeing a lot of botting and RMT activity.
    "A lot" is huge understatement.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I think there are two things that I would personally class as maintenance issues, and a 'priority fix':

1) The Ambuscade queue: Although, I understand that SE is working on this. It appears to be a one server issue.

Yesterday I went to Escha-Zitah for dragons, it was littered with automated/botting mastered, mentored players. One was actually following my engaged (purple highlighted) monster around. Really annoying.
    I then proceeded to enter the BCNM Trove battle, to be presented with 24/7 shield botters standing right by the HP point. All this is wrecking game balance.

PS: PLEASE extend the /blist cap to past 100 (and yes, it's that bad).
    If so many people didn't decide to dogpile on Asura, it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Even on Shiva, which is fairly quiet, sometimes there is a bit of waiting for ambuscade, mostly on the days following an update.

RMT are surprisingly active no matter what server you're on though, it puzzles me why they even bother with a fairly small and approaching 20 year old game.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If you've watched forums, there's been many many many topics concerning the need to exterminate corrupt activities, corrupt behavior, corrupt communications, corrupt program usage. On asura it's an arms race to compete amongst the filth to attain the highest degree of exploitation of any ignorant soul who's naive or reckless enough to engage in some sort of deal.

THE OLD SAYING IS MORE TRUE TODAY THAN EVER ! BUYER BEWARE !

Making deals with jerks running scripts (3rd party programs that violate terms of service) only increases their willingness to use corrupt methods to obtain whatever ends they are after.

I am definately willing to say on asura the VAST MAJORITY of tier 4 crafting shield sphere materials sold via bazaar or auction house have been collected through corrupt behaviors.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-11-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Historically, I can't say people have been fond of my accusation that SE has been charging premium price for a sub-par service these days when it comes to FFXI. Sure, some might argue "It's worth it to me!" or "MMO fees haven't really gone up in a decade, so we should consider ourselves lucky!" Nonetheless, it's pretty much night and day the effort that went into the game back in the day compared to now, both in content development and security.

Really, all I can do is bang the drum that certain modernizations need to take place. Yes, it will require SE to actually invest more than the bare minimum back into upkeep. Yes, some players may even groan about it. However, it seems quite evident that what is going on now isn't "working" and that those unwilling to exploit, or hell, multibox, are in for a hard(er) time.

1) Remove server transfer fees and cooldowns while adding a means to transfer worlds in-game.
    We've heard it before, Asura sucks because it's overcrowded. Random Joe likes their dead server. Meanwhile, others can't find people to do content with without having to pay or cross their fingers that they could maybe, possibly leech a less desired drop. Congestion can be a thing, and also something you can't really avoid in the moment. The ability to move to other worlds gives players a means to combat numerous issues, but I'll also posit it most definitely isn't the only step SE needs to take.

2) Combine the Auction Houses across all worlds.
    Part of this is with #1 in mind, but it's also to actually make it harder for RMT to manipulate multiple markets as they would either be competing with yet more players or even themselves. This isn't to say FFXI isn't prone to other economic issues, particularly when it comes to durable goods, but let's just say one step at a time here.

3) Create matchmaking systems and improve cross-server communication.
    While it's true that people can pretty much solo most story content these days with enough investment and Trusts, what exists for endgame is definitely another story. Of course, that doesn't mean people don't have trouble earlier on or maybe just want someone to play with to help kill monotony. As such, I'd propose opt-in channels broken down into each expansion, shared cross-server, that people can utilize relative to content needs. Others like Escha, Ambuscade, Dynamis, and so on can also be created as more specific examples. Interested parties can then congregate on the desired server. The /tell command should also be expanded to allow a <name>@<server> variant so that people can more rapidly communicate while also avoiding the issue of people with the same name temporarily being on the same world.

4) Revitalize the STF, or at least staff up an equivalent.
    People at the same spot for days playing non-stop? Yeah, probably a bot. Problem is, nothing really seems to be done about them anymore. I doubt any of us are really interested in hearing how this, or other issues, are hard to detect, when in this case, some common sense should tell you one person isn't playing 24/7/365 without break. Otherwise, the game is also in desperate need of some security updates so that things like position hacking or enhancing movement speed beyond normal means are no longer possible. RMT spam is still a thing, too.

5) Learn from Windower.
    To some extent, this actually has happened over time, but there are still add-ons out there people use and would like to see a legal means to utilize. Just things like having BLU spell sets has been a common request over the years, as an example, and really shouldn't be impossible to implement. Of course, I'm also cognizant that there are some things that shouldn't happen even if some do find their presence convenient. More generally, I could have call this an "Improve the UI!" section, but in the end, I feel it's a bit more complicated and encompassing than that.

6) Content Roadmap.
    Some say maintenance mode, but is the game really? I seem to recall some hubbub about a "surprise" for FFXI fans a while back, but heard nothing since. What about the mobile version? Might there be an expansion in the works? Are we getting a fourth iteration of Dynamis to bang our heads against?! Either way, this is more about countering the ennui of content or at least having things to look forward to in the short term. Stuff like converting merit spells to scroll learned is something myself and others certainly requested in the past, and it's nice it's finally happening here and there, but it's pretty obvious some jobs need more than that. Old issues like conquering the "max spell" limit also need to be addressed, as it certainly puts a finite growth on casters. More generically, the goal with job stuff should be improving functionality and identity. If need be, actually talk to us to find what we want or what we feel lacking. Lord knows I spent years doing that for RDM in the past to what has equated to mixed success these days. That experience has also taught me you'll have people who vehemently disagree with said attempts at conversation, sometimes merely to be contrarian to the person bringing the idea. Be mindful of that should it be a route taken. Anyway, the occasional JP post roundup doesn't really cut the mustard, either. To some extent, it's like they don't even care what the NA side has to say, and that has almost ALWAYS been a problem. Too little, too late, mayhaps, but the joke about being a forum rep here being the easiest job in the world is one we don't make without reason.

7) To other players...
    ...part of this is a problem of our making, too. Putting aside a lack of new content, broken mechanics, or whatever, what tends to boil down to greed and/or elitism isn't really doing the community any favors. Seeing posts from people saying Trusts should be removed the game come off as a real head scratcher to me, as for many I suspect they're what has made modern FFXI even remotely playable. Further trying to "force" interaction does no good with lacking features like I outlined earlier above, but also does nothing to remotely incentivize established players into helping those who are not. I get it, certainly, that if content has no personal worth, it's not really worth doing. But what would change that? And I'm not talking about fleecing poor newbies or returnees out of their hard-earned gil. What would it take to perhaps nudge "you" out of the commonly isolationist linkshell system to help total strangers? Should we perhaps acknowledge certain drop rates are too horrid? Maybe more or a universal content point system that can fuel common endgame buys? And no, we don't need some self-proclaimed altruist swooping in here saying they help people so nothing is possibly amiss. You're not on all servers. You're but one of many. Frankly, I'd say it's rare to even see such claims verified. So, hey, I'm the pope. Prove me wrong? Jokes aside, people just need to be more welcoming and accommodating, not be jerks or gatekeepers.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Wall of good points
    Very well said.

Bottom line is just like you said the lack of effort being put into this game that is still a PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION game is horrible. The development team needs to either step or be replaced.

I know the Director of 14, Mr. Yoshida has a fondness for this game. I wish we could reach out to him someway and tell him how dissatisfying this game's updates have been.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rotflcopter View Post
    Very well said.

Bottom line is just like you said the lack of effort being put into this game that is still a PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION game is horrible. The development team needs to either step or be replaced.

I know the Director of 14, Mr. Yoshida has a fondness for this game. I wish we could reach out to him someway and tell him how dissatisfying this game's updates have been.
    Whoa. Maybe you don't know but if we look at Matsui's history of works carefully. I personally think Tanaka and Matsui together deserve a credit for creating job/battle systems in the first place. If it wasn't for them you won't be playing Yoshi's FF14 then. Let us have some respect please even we are in this (extremely small) community (English). I know we feel frustrated, it is just a matter of time. Before you blame Matsui, you should think twice how poor Tanaka was training Matsui before he left FF11 and FF14 to Matsui and Yoshi.

Here is the history of Matsui's works:

(0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast