Character
    Kageniai
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Can we get some more Adventuring Fellow love?

I may be in the minority here but I loved the adventuring fellows. You could level them, pick how you wanted them to act, change their combat role. They even had their own limit breaks. They still perform decently today but they're so limited and you can't do much with them at all. In my opinion you could see it like a trust you actually have to put effort into. And as a reward it would be on the same level if not slightly better than a trust. It's kind of like gear. Sure you can get by with the easy Kanaria or Colada, but you'll fare better for putting the work into a Nagi or Murgleis. I would like to see them at LEAST:
    • Be able to access the same content as trusts.
    • Get more recent Weapon Skills.
    With at least those I'd be perfectly happy. However I like to also see a few things. Even if they aren't added that'd be okay. I think it would be nice to see though:
    • Let fellows access more weapon types.
    • Let fellows get access to specific jobs. Example: DRK, and would get smite trait, last resort ability, etc.
    • Allow fellows to remain out indefinitely like trusts.
    • Give trusts their own kind of job point system. Albeit a bit different. Make it so the more enemies you kill with them at level cap the more bonuses they get base on their job. Like kill 1000 enemies on the DRK job for 10 attack bonus or something. Not as full blown as player JPs.

I know full well the second chunk of changes would be asking a lot, but all I really wanna see is them be at least as viable as trusts. Which would involve letting them be out in more areas and giving them some more damaging moves such as resolution or something. Any thoughts on this?
    (5)

Player
    Pour one out for all the interesting things they've given up on. Sad lonely adventuring fellows.

There is a wealth of easy to make, grindy content they could add to fellows to bring them into and above trust.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 07-09-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Reworking the interface so they're(adventuring fellows) granted full party status in the same way trusts are granted their party status would be a wonderful programming upgrade. I also agree there should be a content capability to allow them to attain the same level status as trusts at ilvl 119 and the "bonus" level upgrade trusts are capable of after the special quest that allows them higher levels beyond 119 corresponding to number of players in a party.

Additionally i would like to see a new zone (instanced if need be) created that would be a trust boot camp where you have the ability to train your trusts by toggling on/off spells, toggling on/off abilities, toggling on/off weaponskills and possibly a content upgrade that would allow you to teach existing trusts new spells, new abilities and new weaponskills beyond their initial capabilities.
    (1)

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Seems like Trust kind of thrust them into the background. I liked the fellows. Wish there were more customization options. Shoot, I wish we had some customization options like darker skin for any race. The lore seems to dictate skin shade, so I digress.....

Yes to the OP's request.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

I still go adventuring with mine, probably more often than with them creeper... I mean alter egos (unless someone else is summoning them).

Of course the things to do with them is pretty limited, and far from efficient, but it's more fun to me and that is what usually matters the most to me at least.

Said it a bunch of times in different threads, and I'll say it again: /yes please/ for adventuring fellow updates!

(If I remember right, they did hint towards a possiblity of tweaks at some point, some years ago, but I did not go looking for the posts at this time (and could be remembering wrong).)
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm just going to leave this right here

(3)

Character
    Kageniai
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    There needs to be more to do with fellow points lol There really does come a point where there's just nothing left to do with them. Quite sad. I just miss the involvement with them. You actually had to make them viable, they weren't just good off the bat.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm just going to leave this right here :)
    Heh!

I noticed the same on my screen just after I had posted. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.