Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

July 2019 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (10)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Feedback: No, there is not enough reason to give this new Cait Sith battle a shot.

Also, I do appreciate these digest videos with English captions. Thank you very much for making them and giving us a chance to provide feedback directly.
    (5)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 07-08-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Player
    Can we get a big alter ego campaign next?
    Atomos is basically useless.
    Can we finally get Pheonix or Bahumut? Mainly Pheonix :P
    (1)

Player
    Yeah.... I'm not seeing much urge to do Caith Sith HTB like there was with Odin at all. Not even a little bit really.

Every piece from Odin is kind of incredible. Can't even pretend that's true for this one.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    - @ negative comments concerning cait sith HTBF : It's a HTBF! Treasures wouldn't be designed to replace *Best in Slot*. The helm is incredible for entry to medium gear equipped mages. The ring gives an alternative combination effect currently split by multiple *BiS* rings and is also good for entry to medium geared pup/bst/smn with -dt fantastic for idle use. Same thing concerning the earring! Very nice earring for entry to medium gear equipped SMN and fantastic use for idle equipment set. Club looks like a situational 'solo' use weapon for whm's and geo's. Particularly i could see them with five trusts out with one trust as a stable skillchain partner (preferably a skillchain closer like Gilgamesh) granted geo would likely be doing something rarely seen which is off-hand a club via /dnc or /nin subjob. The ammo stone has nice stat boosts with +10dex +10agi the yamarang doesn't have to add some umph to weapon skill modifiers. Cait Sith HTBF is an appreciated addition in my eyes. One additional treasure i would have added though would have been an all-jobs neck that would tick off player hit points when worn transfering HP to an effect granted of +magic def bonus +magic evasion or +refresh tick.

Esuna + Sacrifice concerns properly fixed big win for WHM's that prefered the pre-adjustment usage.
    I would like to see a Pieuje trust that isn't a unity concord leader though. Maybe that could be a fantastic addition this fall ( Trust Cipher : Pieuje II ).

Yonin merit adjustment is superb, ninja will welcome that extra 250 max HP i'm sure.
    Innin merit adjustment is good, but i think a full time 5% bonus to magic dmg from behind while in Innin stance may have been received with more praise.
    I predict many ninja's setting up 5/5 Yonin and 5/5 ninjutsu magic accuracy. Maybe one day all merit categories can have the constraints of ten allocations removed for all jobs.

As for subtle blow job trait; possibly give attentive consideration to a previous suggestion that i placed in May feedback would go a long way helping MNK and NIN jobs achieve higher popularity.

} ---> Subtle blow adjustment: -> proposed Solution -> Remove current job trait for subtle blow. Add new job trait potentially named "Battle Force" creates tiers of I to XI same as old job trait subtle blow and will continue to provide the subtle blow effect as it currently is and in addition will increase auto attack damage and weapon skill damage without any weaponry type penalty as follows. Tier I - auto attack dmg +7%, WS dmg +5%, Tier II auto attack dmg +8%, WS dmg +7%, Tier III auto attack dmg +9%, WS dmg +9%, Tier IV auto attack dmg +10%, WS dmg +10%, Tier V auto attack dmg +11% WS dmg +10%, Tier VI auto attack dmg +12%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VII auto attack dmg +13%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VIII auto attack dmg +14%, WS dmg +12%, Tier IX auto attack dmg +15%, WS dmg +12%, Tier X auto attack dmg +16% WS dmg +13%, Tier XI auto attack dmg +17% WS dmg +13%. <---{

If "Battle Force" name isn't attractive enough, any more attractive name will do as long as the proposed improvement is there.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-10-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Character
    Ardentblaze
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Changes to ninja vs white mage

When white mage got merits changed such as protectra you removed the augment and boosted the effect of protectra by more than the augment on gear and merits. You changed the ninja head to remove 25% San damage and the merits for San effect but did not boost at all. Players are seeing almost 50% less magic burst damages. Please look into this and ensure this was intended. If it was, I will be giving up all hope on ninja.
    (2)

Character
    Mateja
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    yay my first post here I checked the 17th anniversary page from may to try to comment there and that wasn't possible so sorry for the tangent, this seemed like the next appropriate place.

I am dying to know--anything--about the nexon final fantasy xi reboot. have been following this since it's announcement in 2015. that was so rad in 2018 when those 4 screenshots came out. please just tell us it's still alive and in development and maybe 1 screenshot. reddit is in a panic over it being dead because someone bought nexon and so far they seem right. also you need to allow us to port our characters AND give us a permanently reduced monthly fee and legacy prizes for supporting you for 15+ years as paying customers. that was an incredibly wise decision and the only reason I still sub to xiv. also you need to bring dragon quest x online west!!!

please shed any light on this, ever (ffxi reboot and dragon quest x online western release). this is not the first time your fan base has accused one of your games of dying and I am eternally optimistic and will support you. like I always say in game, Rome wasn't built in a day. checkers is 10 thousand years old and people still play that. these games aren't going anywhere. but please keep us informed, you kind of owe it to us. even if the project is dead, in stasis, or being made into an offline version like I heard about dq x western release. don't let the trolls and naysayers with the loudest voices dominate your PR. thanks for all the hard work in a world desperate for creative inspiration, beauty, and compassion. <3 u SE.
    (0)

Player
    Another bad update from the Development team.

Ninja job adjustments did little to nothing to the job except make it worse in some cases.

No interest at all in the Cait Sith HTBF or its gear.
    (1)

Character
    Turialon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Thank you for great work. But how about a new FFXI Adon (:
    (0)

Character
    Shadowdragon
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Shadowdragon Prince Of Darkness (Enkindled)

Hello, I'm not fond of SMN,NIN,WHM,SCH, WAR, I'm more of a malee ER, i like Dark Knight, Sammuria, RANGER, Beast Master, you need to make these jobs alot stronger, i have been playing since the JP Beta release Version in year 2000, i'v seen good things happen and alotta bad shit in job advancement over the years, This is one of my favorite games of all times, its not to complicated or hard to play, stormblood or bloodstorm was way to mechanical, it was nonscense if you ask my opinion, you all need to concentrate more on here and get RID OF THEM DAM RMT's its annoying as crap, and what about Kayeel Payeel in Windurst Woods and the Warlord Robel Akbel and his precious Fort Korongo Nurongo (S) heads wood fly if he new the federation has went to hell in a hand basket, Why not another add-on in the present shown Fort Korongo Norongo in the present with everything active,why not make it were your character can have a sex change and name change in this game, FFXI, i would like to keep my character and all his status,gear, everything, just make it at the cradle of rebirth in attowa chasm were u can do that, turn it into a quest pretty please, i was once a mithra or manthra, people back then were idiots and harassed us cats, did mean thangs to us mithra, now i'm a crappy hume and i dont want to start all over, please think about this alot and make our other loving jobs in Vana Deil much much STRONGER, i'll leave with my saying,

SOULS,BLOOD,DARKNESS, GIVE ME STRENGTH. ()==[]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX> Torcleave who ever gets in my way.
    (0)
    SOULS,BLOOD,DARKNESS, GIVE ME STRENGTH. AAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHH
    ()==[]XXXXXXXXXXXXXX> Torclever ( All my enemies to HELL. )
    Caladbolg Afterglowed 119 Augmented

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast