Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Littlesinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 91

switch from pol to ffxi takes a while.

So when I start ffxi on my laptop it takes between 1 and 3 minutes for ffxi to load after going thru pol screens. It's not a processor issue, or a memory issue. Does anyone know a way to make this faster?

Running 3ghz laptop with 16gb memory and windows 10 installed to latest version
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Happens to me too. Seems to be a problem with the new installer, as it didn't happen before. There is a large delay after pressing "Play" to then getting to the game menu.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm on Vista and running vanilla-version POL / FFXI on a 12+ year old computer. I have had zero problems with this load-up screen to play to game menu.
    Are you running any other "background" programs for the game also?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    I'm on Vista and running vanilla-version POL / FFXI on a 12+ year old computer. I have had zero problems with this load-up screen to play to game menu.
    Are you running any other "background" programs for the game also?
    Is your install from the newer/more recent installer?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

What exactly happens during the delay?

Is the PlayOnline Viewer window still around? Is it black, or does it still have the graphics around? Does the PlayOnline Viewer music still play?

Or does the delay happen when the main FFXI client window has opened, but it gets no graphics rendered?

Something completely different?

It may also be worth to mention for which region the installer was for that was used to install the game (not sure if they have differences other than the EU client having different language options still, and separate config 'tools').

If using the EU installer, one might want to make sure they have a language selected via the PlayOnline Viewer (even if it already appears to be set to English, it seems to default to no language, or in other words, US English (I reported this as a bug not very long ago)). If nothing else, setting the language will fix the timezone used in certain places, and remove the ESRB notice from when launching the game.

I'll add that I have no such delay (new EU installer), but I'm also running the game via Wine on Gentoo Linux, and would not be surprised if there was something new going on in a native Windows environment.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 07-13-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    What exactly happens during the delay?
    It just presents the desktop screen (Windows 7 Home) as if nothing is happening, and then around 20 seconds later the main FFXI title screen appears.

I have changed the language from 'un-selected' to English. It has removed the ESRB notice, but the delay still remains.

European installer being used.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Is your install from the newer/more recent installer?
    Yes. The longest thing I ever have to wait for now with my old computer is the system to actually turn on and get going after hitting the power button on the tower, lol.
    I just timed how long it takes for me to go from clicking the POL icon on my desktop screen, to actually being able to use my character in game: 1 minute 12 seconds, which includes my log-ins, passwords, accepting liability thingy, etc...
    (1)
    Last edited by Dzspdref; 07-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Thank you so much for starting this thread!

I have noticed that when I press "Play" in POL ...it takes 35-40 seconds for the FFXI screen (Accept/Decline ToS screen) to appear!

This is with a brand new FFXI installation on a brand new built PC, using Windows 10 (all the most up-to-date latest patches) AND the most recent FFXI installer for NA/US users!

Please help us SE!
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    Thank you so much for starting this thread!

I have noticed that when I press "Play" in POL ...it takes 35-40 seconds for the FFXI screen (Accept/Decline ToS screen) to appear!

This is with a brand new FFXI installation on a brand new built PC, using Windows 10 (all the most up-to-date latest patches) AND the most recent FFXI installer for NA/US users!

Please help us SE!
    I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with the new installer.
    (1)

Character
    Jakuk
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with the new installer.
    Agreed, had the same problem.

Found out from someone that The Steam version has been updated and doesn't cause it, only FFXI's new installer does, I tested this myself as I had the delay with the new installer but NOT the Steam version.

Of course this requires you own the Steam version.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast