Character
    Hrohj
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Ninja update... lame before it even lands?

Sorry, but this is what we've been waiting for? I don't think so...

This update is lazy and addresses no issues concerning Ninja. Literally nobody cares about meritable :San spells being turned into purchasable scrolls from an NPC.

How about adjusting Yonin to include Magic Evasion or something altogether unique? What about adding Weapon Skill Damage as a perk to Innin?

Have you considered adding more than one decent shuriken?

What about giving Ninja more than one pathetic tier of Damage Limit+..?

If all SE ever plans on doing is make adjustments to Ninjutsu (because SOMEBODY there still thinks it has any usefulness beyond Utsusemi, Migawari or Kakka), could you at least finally implement Jubaku: Ni and Dokumori: Ni? You've been driving my OCD out-of-control for over a decade now.
    (2)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Give Square Enix Dev Team a chance to replace the corresponding merit categories and let us see what they replace the elemental :San spells with. Only then can we give proper feedback.

Did you read the comment i left in May digest? More importantly did Square Enix? Page 5.

NIN > Higher Tier Ninjutsu enfeebling and damage spells or adjustments to add strong +values of magic accuracy and magic attack bonus to the existing Stealth job trait. Create job trait tier Stealth III. Overhaul Subtle Blow job trait as outlined above in potential job trait improvement for MNK (the "Battle Force" concept).

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...I-Digest/page5

} ---> Mnk adjustment: Dreary -> proposed Solution -> Remove current job trait for subtle blow. Add new job trait potentially named "Battle Force" creates tiers of I to XI same as old job trait subtle blow and will continue to provide the subtle blow effect as it currently is and in addition will increase auto attack damage and weapon skill damage without any weaponry type penalty as follows. Tier I - auto attack dmg +7%, WS dmg +5%, Tier II auto attack dmg +8%, WS dmg +7%, Tier III auto attack dmg +9%, WS dmg +9%, Tier IV auto attack dmg +10%, WS dmg +10%, Tier V auto attack dmg +11% WS dmg +10%, Tier VI auto attack dmg +12%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VII auto attack dmg +13%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VIII auto attack dmg +14%, WS dmg +12%, Tier IX auto attack dmg +15%, WS dmg +12%, Tier X auto attack dmg +16% WS dmg +13%, Tier XI auto attack dmg +17% WS dmg +13%. <---{
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-05-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Player
    Upping white damage seems rather boring, and would change nothing about how the job plays and/or how the player base will view it. There is an extreme lopsidedness to our auto/ws damage ratio in general nowadays, so it would take an absurd boost to white damage output (think like +200% or more,) to make any significant impact on how little importance it has.

The idea that I came up with with my ls sounds a heckuvalot more fun and potentially impactful.

New merit: Hayasugi (literally means "too fast" XD)> Gain 5% of your Dual Wield as Store TP per merit. Relic augment; +2% per merit.

Simple to understand, simple to implement from the dev's end, and much more impact overall than a static/passive/tiny increase to white damage. This would shake things up, force everyone to re-examine the job's perceived viability for group content and open up new gearing opportunities as it would offset/negate the DW overcap penalty. Proposed numbers might need a downward adjustment since +35% of DW as STP is probably overcompensating a bit, but anything equal/higher than +3%/+1% per merit would enough of an impact to be most definitely noticeable.

Not quite perfect, but we had a hard time coming up with a clear one line description for modifying base delay for the TP/hit formula that had as much impact. "Increase TP gained by x% of your base weapon delay per merit" sounds like it would work too, but felt like it was more likely to broach OP levels by continuing to avoid picking up additional DW from gear, and wouldn't cause any changes in potential gearing choices or gameplay beyond an increase in ws frequency.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    At 99 every job is gaining TP at absurd rates, ninja is no slouch in this. Although adding additional store tp to a job would be a total over all dps improvement, the capabilities in game of accumulating TP on all jobs designed to deal melee physical damage is in excess of what is healthy for cooperatively designed combat. Quad-stepping your own four step skillchain as a fantasy sounds ideal, until it's deemed OP by the player community to the point where everyone switches to that one job. Yes, yes, yes I am well aware of SAM capabilities and exploits stacking multiple 'support' buffs along with developed equipment sets and all the Youtube vids people view. Combat where you have no interactive mechanics with team members is dull. The initial success of FFXI upon release was due in part to the integrated dynamics and interactions within organized parties/alliance. It's sad when player desires and/or strategies wish to by-pass team oriented programming and a class i call FFXI mechanics 101.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-07-2019 at 03:17 AM.