Results -9 to 0 of 25

Threaded View

Player
    Overhauls do not "come and go" for BST, because there have literally been none. -_- You can't argue against this point. It's not my personal opinion, it's simply a fact. The closest thing would be the distance nerf which reduced our JA range for ALL JAs to less than melee range, which introduced what are effectively bugs into the job. It's quite possible to get an "out of range" error while literally standing INSIDE your pet's model, apparently due to lag.

Your assumptions on how Ready moves would scale are also 100% off the mark. Like I said before, they used a handful of stat templates and apply them to all of our jug pets. When attack capped, almost all 1-hit physical moves have the exact same damage range because the base stats are exactly the same. The only real variances for maximum damage come from pet Job, JTs, and monster correlation. Just because a wild version of a monster type hits stupidly hard does not in any way imply that a jug pet version would hit even slightly harder than existing jugs. There is no way to break this pattern without giving us a literal "Ready damage+" stat, which I sadly don't see the devs being willing to do.

Bertha is our only good AOE damage pet, which is the main reason why you will see her quite frequently; it's not that she's technically any stronger than other jugs. I used Patrick as an example, because I use him and Hermes almost exclusively when I bother playing BST due to BST pets being a reliable skillchain engine that cover 7/8 elements easily using 1-charge Readys. I fully understand that this is not how the majority are going to play BST, so let's take that use case out of the equation and think about this instead. When attack capped and used with identical pet TP, Tail Blow does equal damage as Randy's Razor Claw, Bertha's Sensilla Blades, etc. If the target is not subject to correlation, then the only variance is the standard randomization factor applied to all physical damage... Sure, it'll take more buffs/debuffs to get Patrick capped than Randy needs due to Randy's extra Attack Bonus, but there is no true variance at the top. (There is an amazing job guide for BST over on ffxiah forums that I highly recommend that you check out where everything about our pets has been tested extensively and we know that nothing breaks the template pattern.)

The hope that some super awesome pet with 1charge 99k damage Ready moves will be added is a pipedream, and even if the devs DID hit the hookah hard enough for that dream to come true, we'd still be out DPS'd by any top geared melee job, outside of Unleash. (TBH, I would not want this to really happen simply because of the guaranteed backlash from non-BST players, which would most likely result in a blanket overnerf again.. I also don't see it being genuinely healthy for the job or the game overall. We already have the SMN situation, and BST really doesn't need to become a copy of that.)

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see some new jugs, just so long as they come in AFTER all of the changes necessary to make the job less systematically frustrating to play and aren't promoted as the answer to our woes. But, it will take a heckuva lot more than just some new jugs to fix the problems that BST faces to be taken seriously again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-11-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”