Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Merc'ing is a thing because it is expressly permitted under the logic of "Roleplaying as a mercenary" and the official line is that is perfectly fine so long as any/all compensation/fees/etc are being done entirely in-game.
    Within limitation.

Gear: Firstly, nobody can Merc the highest tier monsters on their own. A lot of mercenaries will be using third party software. This is clearly demonstrated in numerous online videos. Technically, against ToS.

Job Points: Bots. If you have ever come across people selling Job Points, they are more than likely using automation to do so. You see it time and time again in the notorious CP camps... And lets face it, who's going to play the game to get
    100~2100 job points for somebody else in one hit?

I can locate any of these groups yelling for the sale of Job Point, stand there and video capture them fighting for hours on end, repeating the same pattern all day long.

The whole thing stinks, with money going to dubious places, disrupting/breaking the mechanics of the game, and distributing the balance of play.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 07-01-2019 at 11:38 PM.

Player
    Not "within limitation" beyond what I stated. The activity of merc'ing itself is not against the TOS. The method used to complete the activity may possibly be, and I sincerely hope that every report of suspected automation is being taken seriously by the STF, but that does not invalidate the "playstyle". Unfortunately.

It may take more than one character to carry others thru hard content, but you can always just *gasp* split the fee with other mercs in your group. Anything that can be 2-3boxed also means that a decent multiboxer (which is also not against any rules in and of itself,) gets to keep the whole fee to themselves.

Have a guy in my ls who used to regularly sell job points on SAM, by killing things manually, for hours and hours on end because it was better gil/hour than farming anything else. I remember him griping away much of the time, but he was making something like 20mil/hr solo at the time, so he kept chugging away at it. Is there really that much difference between killing things for drops to sell vs being paid for killing things for exp/cp that makes the latter more undesirable when you are getting paid more gil for CP/hr than you could possibly farm?

Just because some, or many, or even most, of those that we see selling appear to be evil bots does not in fact make everyone doing it an evil bot. The ones proven to be evil bots should be punished accordingly, but punished for cheating, not for whatever activity they were cheating at in order to accomplish.

Again, merc'ing itself is not against the TOS as long as the transaction is carried out entirely in-game using in-game currency and/or barter. You have to break some other rule like having exchange of real money, cheating with 3rd party tools, etc for it to be punishable, and even then it's for breaking those rules, not for the activity of merc'ing.

Now... can you please stop forcing me to play devil's advocate for something which I personally don't support? T_T Find some other angle to attack the activity so that I can simply agree with you. XD
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I played the game in 2004 till Wing of goddes. Back to that time they were already ppl who sell content for gils.
    Many were against that, but since the game mechanics were and are still odd so the point was and still is :
    - Is time spend to do stuff alone/with LS worth the 1% chance of drop rate, and the random roll from all party members to have 1/6 chance to have the drop ?
    - Is spending gil and letting others do all the stuff worth the almost 100% chance to have drop ?

I really think the game's mechanic want point 2 to be used.

I'm still far to beggin end game content 'cause thanks to trust system, i can do things i cannot do back to 2004. Exping everywhere i want and not doing valkurn, qufim, kazham ect ect. Walking around the world and visiting places no one wanted to do 'cause areas have to strong monsters or does not worth the trouble.

So from my point of view, to cut rmts :
    - Trust system should be expend to all content
    - Auction house prices should be cut in half
    - Npcs prices should be cut by half and resale prices rise by 100%.

Another easy way, make drop rate minimum of 25% instead of the 9% or 3% or 0.5% we have now. Increase skill rate gain by 200% for craft. These two should ease standard players who does not play 24h/24h the game. I was dreaming of these two back in 2004 and nothing has been done yet in 2019. So dreamer keep dreaming and RMT rules.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    So from my point of view, to cut rmts :
    - Trust system should be expend to all content
    - Auction house prices should be cut in half
    - Npcs prices should be cut by half and resale prices rise by 100%.
    I can't see how any of this would even remotely tackle the issue of RMT.
    (1)

Character
    Asukoya
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    RMTs goal are to sell in-game money-stuff-content to real people who are too lazy to do it by themself.
    There some people who are really lazy and are ok to pay real money to have what they want without trouble.

I think and hope most people want to do things by them self and sometimes use rmts because the game mechanics are really stupid and ask to do samethings hundred times.

Trust system should be expend to all content
    If it allowed, players could make alliances with their alter egos. Less people will be needed to do alliance. So more people could acces high end content and try it with there friends. Less mercenaries will not be needed.

Auction house prices should be cut in half
    If prices are cut and capped, they will be less attractive to rmts

Npcs prices should be cut by half and resale prices rise by 100%.
    If garbage stuff like bones, bat wing, insect wing ect and gears from monster or treasure casket could be sold for more gils. Rmts gils will be not needed.
    (0)

Player
    lol. none of those things fix anything. There is no good answer.

But the shouts today, oh my god lol. like an hour non-stop.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 07-04-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniks View Post
    RMTs goal are to sell in-game money-stuff-content to real people who are too lazy to do it by themself.
    There some people who are really lazy and are ok to pay real money to have what they want without trouble.

I think and hope most people want to do things by them self and sometimes use rmts because the game mechanics are really stupid and ask to do samethings hundred times.

Trust system should be expend to all content
    If it allowed, players could make alliances with their alter egos. Less people will be needed to do alliance. So more people could acces high end content and try it with there friends. Less mercenaries will not be needed.

Auction house prices should be cut in half
    If prices are cut and capped, they will be less attractive to rmts

Npcs prices should be cut by half and resale prices rise by 100%.
    If garbage stuff like bones, bat wing, insect wing ect and gears from monster or treasure casket could be sold for more gils. Rmts gils will be not needed.
    Trusts: It would be nice to be able to use Trusts in old level capped content, but mostly because the gear scaling system here has never been functional. I am strongly against allowing Trusts to be called while in an alliance tho. If that were possible, then I could 3box farm Dyna-Div "solo" and kill every W1/W2 mob before timing out... and I'm not actually that good at 3boxing since I'm jumping around keyboards to do so. XD If this were implemented, there would be absolutely zero incentive for many players to ever bring more than the minimum number of bodies required to enter the zone for instanced content (other than those extra bodies who are paying for the privilege of joining the group.) It would actually benefit RMT as well since healers/supports like Yoran-Oran can probably handle short fights at least as well as the average WHM player and he doesn't expect a cut of the merc fees. Still sound like a good idea?

Auction: AH prices are based on supply/demand+material cost. As an example, JSE necks: NQs sell at a staggering loss most of the time. +1's tend to sell around the breakeven price point. +2's sell for right around the statistical breakeven point or even a bit below that line. RMT crafters (who most likely botted their Escutcheons) are actually the ones forcing prices down, as real players would be more inclined to charge more if it were possible and less inclined to go the loss leader route. ^^;; If any form of price limit were to be implemented, then any legitimate crafter would almost be better off NPCing the mats for a pittance than to actually use them for crafting.

NPC'ing trash drops: Trash drops are called trash for a reason. There is no reason to increase the ease of making gil for anyone at this point given how easy it is to make it nowadays. Once you are lv99 and have easy access to things like Gain Experience ROE abuse, simple and safe farming of content like Salvage and Voidwatch, and AMAN Trove, well.. it gets even easier. :/ I'd actually prefer to see some sort of temp KI that prevents getting those trash drops at all than to press the keystrokes needed to sell Bone Chips for 20g each. Increasing gil generation also increases inflation, plus increases the rate that actual RMT will make gil to sell which would encourage the activity to continue, which sounds like a lose-lose situation for everyone IMO.

.. What this all sounds like to me is someone who expects to make a ton of gil while leveling their first job solo, and/or refuse to level/gear jobs that excel at farming, and not willing to put the time/effort into crafting. :/ How far off the mark am I?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nyarlko; 07-04-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    This right here.

Every fight that drops something "worthwhile" has extremely obnoxious battle mechanics/gimmicks and/or an abysmal drop rate. It's simply not worth bothering. If I can make 10m during Gain-EXP and you sell something in that obnoxious category for less than 10m why would I ever even consider causing myself the annoyance. It's just the logical conclusion.

Why would I ever even consider fighting Odin 60 times and probably never get the drop I want, when I can just skip all that and buy it for a couple mil. And no, it's not fun. You don't learn anything from the experience. You pay to skip the grind SO that you can PLAY the game instead of wasting all your time grinding garbage.

Mercing has never not been a thing, and it won't ever stop being a thing. Of course they know. There are very simple ways to almost completely stop mercing. But they inevitably cost subscriptions, and that breaks rule 1 of the MMO book.

Trusting other people to do their job CORRECTLY isn't worth it anymore either. "it's my 12.95 I'll melee whm if I want to" Great idea. You cost 5 people their 12.95 so you can be stupid. lovely.
    Why are you taking a stab both at the mercs and the not mercs at the same time? lol
    (0)

Player
    I'm not allowed to really explain that answer, you'll just have to go with it. rules and whatnot.
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Inflation is increased dramatically by both non-rmt and rmt that use 3rd party ToS violation tools. Mercs exist for multiple purposes, one of which is due to the inflation environment caused by the ToS violations: the 'highest' bid or common selling price of basically any even somewhat desirable item equipment and materials shoots prices through the ceiling simply because of the volume of gil in circulation and the accounts that are utilizing it. Corrupt accounts magnify insane prices far more than just ordinary people that obey terms of service whether or not they are performing merc work.
    To compensate for the jerks that violate ToS by using 3rd party tools or buying contraband currency, mercs have gone into the business of marketing "EX" tagged direct drops, and invite leech party spots for automatically obtained currencies/exp/JP.
    There's a rightful and justifiable perspective of players who want to see RMT completely exterminated. Any character utilizing tools that violate ToS for the purpose of obtaining gil, currency, materials or desirable enemy claims is doing horribly detrimental damage to the entire economy.
    Believe me, those materials you can only obtain from the crafting guild vendor for over a mil per item are in game because Square Enix thinks that is part of the solution for 'draining the swamp'. That solution is horrible though because it only penalizes the people that don't cheat even more and emboldens the segment of players who are willing to consume their time in vana'diel performing merc behavior.
    Crafting shield "content" is also so screwed by cheaters, it might as well be judged as Square Enix's greatest blunder of the i-lvl era.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-05-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast