Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Ultimate prize for completing ALL RoE?

Hello,

So, we have an NPC that produces additional sub-ROE quests, for completing X number of RoE's, to a point.

How about an ultimate prize for completing ALL of the RoE quests? That is a massive feat for anyone to achieve.

I've just checked, and I'm at 620 completed, and I've barely scratched the surface.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    SE actually addressed this point years ago. Some players were suggesting that there should be rewards, perhaps cosmetic rewards like exotic unique costumes, which should be granted to a player when they have completed 250, 500, 1000 [etc.] ROE quests.

SE said that ROE was [paraphrased] intended to be casual fun, and to help new players make progress and discover Vana'diel in greater depth, and so there were no plans to reward players who had completed thousands of ROE.

SE implied that the huge task of completing thousands of ROE would actually not be in the casual fun spirit of ROE, which is meant to be inviting to new players, many of whom have limited free time for gaming.

If a new player does not have the free time to complete thousands of ROE, for which there is a shiny completion prize, this would make them feel unhappy because they are casual players and will never have the time required to obtain the completion prize.

Also, SE do infrequently keep adding new ROE, which means there is no final number. There is no "I have completed all ROE" only "I have completed all ROE that are currently available."
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Also, SE do infrequently keep adding new ROE, which means there is no final number. There is no "I have completed all ROE" only "I have completed all ROE that are currently available."
    They do add RoE, like they did for the anniversary, but these do not count towards 'Total completed RoE'.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    They do add RoE, like they did for the anniversary, but these do not count towards 'Total completed RoE'.
    Yes. I know.

But my total completed ROE was around 800~ a year ago, and now it is higher, despite me not doing any more of the unfinished original oldest ROE tasks. This means I have been getting new completed points, from new things that SE are adding.

Which means that the Total Maximum Possible Completed ROE is higher now than it was a year ago. Which means that the Maximum is changing. Which means it will probably keep changing. Which means there is no point at which you have completed all ROE, only all current ROE.

(1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-02-2019 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typo.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The new Monthly objective RoE's add to the total... yes... Whether or not this is intentional, I don't know.

So, lets say a prize for completing all of the original RoE's (That don't rotate every month).
    (0)