Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is not a policing issue, or an economic issue. This is a moral issue.

If nobody buys gil, the gilsellers will disappear within a month. They will be left with zero dollars, and a bunch of millionaire mules with Scrambled Names.

I have never bought gil in fifteen years of playing FFXI daily. My total contribution to gilsellers is $0. This is how you defeat gilsellers.

Back in 2004, especially among the BST75 community of which I was a proud member, Gilbuyers were considered cheats and cowards, and Gilsellers were considered the lowest form of life.

Gilsellers were not only loathed because they corrupted the new players and unbalanced the stratified achievement system, but also because they were bad at playing games. Gilsellers famously died all the time and failed hard against easy NMs. They sucked at gaming. It was an endless source of amusement to me and my BST75 pals.

I might have MPKed gilsellers a lot on my BST, or I might not have done so. You have to talk to my lawyer about that.

I think it is healthy and morally puissant to look down on gilsellers, to despise them, and to never give them your dollars.

You are not an elite legendary player if you buy gil, or if you buy progress / gear from mercs. You are an elite legendary player if you earn the gil and earn the progress / gear yourself, or with your adventuring friends.

This is a philosophical stance, and it used to be the norm. It was normal to feel resentment towards people who cheat, or those who facilitate cheating.

Ultimately, morals have changed, and that is a Player Side problem.
    (4)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Morals are non-existent in this day and age.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Many people like me believe botting is the best way to earn a lot of gil
    *facepalm*
    (1)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post

I might have MPKed gilsellers a lot on my BST, or I might not have done so. You have to talk to my lawyer about that.

I MPK'ed hundreds of bots in the lv75 cap days before Goblins patrolled the fishing areas. Let's talk Batallia Downs auto-fishers and RMTs doing the "rusty sword" repair to sell to NPC gil fiasco.
    I would /sh in the area that an NM was (or will be) otw and they'd better move if they are real players. I even did /tells to many of them. Not a single bot moved. Come along the fun NM tree and it "went to town" and killed every single one of them.
    One (or maybe more) of them called a GM on me, and he reviewed my chat log and shouts and tells. I was then "off the fisherman's hook" so to say.
    Taught many others what to do; did this every day for weeks, and so did others, multiple times a day.
    Then one day, all those fishing bots were all gone. Hmmm..... wish I could do the same for sphere-bots.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On a more current note, I think the GAIN XP Records Of Eminence, should only load once. So you get the Copper Voucher, the sparks and accolades, for the first page, and then it doesn't reload again.

This is because currently Gain XP affects all the other aspects of FFXI.

For example, it is the evening time, I'm enjoying my Hot Cocoa, and playing FFXI. I quite fancy going Fishing, or doing some Chocobo Digging, or doing Emote Games with my Automaton for a few hours.

But then Gain XP starts, and suddenly I am reminded that if I go fishing or do any other normal activity, I will be losing 10,000 Gil Per Second. Because that is the money I will make if I do Gain XP and kill a bunch of helpless weak mobs.

This is actually harmful to the equilibrium of my gaming experience. In the past, I could just go fishing, and feel relaxed and happy, and not worry about losing 10,000 Gil Per Second.
    (3)
    Last edited by Stompa; 07-02-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: On legal advice.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I completely agree with Stompa's above comment. But i will take it one step further: ALL automatically re-initializing RoE's that que based on earth calendar/clock (MUST) NEED to have the reward for sparks removed. Upon 2nd or beyond objective completions can be reformed so the objective is multiplied by 5x or 10x and awards a single copper voucher instead of the automatically obtained sparks.

Also note, at the very start of this topic the design innovation i propose that would automatically add a generated augment to items obtained from sparks vendors, thus making those items disabled from sell to npc until augment is removed.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 07-05-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2