Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

June 2019 FINAL FANTASY XI Digest

The latest FINAL FANTASY XI Digest is now available! The digest covers key features from the most recent version update. Check out the video, try the version update, and leave a feedback based on your experience of playing the new content.

• Please reply to this thread to leave your feedback.
    • Please only post feedback pertaining to the version update and digest video in this thread.
    • To better collect your feedback, we ask that you post one specific feedback per reply (of course you are allowed to post several replies!)
    • Before posting your feedback, check the thread to see if similar feedback was already mentioned and hit the “Like!” button instead of re-posting the same feedback.
    (13)

Player
    Black Mage update far from does what it needs to do. I'm baffled as to how this really does much of anything at all.

I get that you're not doing any "major changes" but really. This one needs to be addressed. BLM has absolutely zero appeal or play-ability with the way you've let the meta spiral out of control.
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From what i have read in the notes and itemization adjustments, this is really a good adjustment for BLM. The only concern is still the very long re-use times on elemental seal, cascade, enmity douse.

In future update an issue of concern that effects multiple jobs that Isola is refering to is something i addressed in the May forum feed-back topic.
    ~
    Magic Burst mechanism > Consecutive magic bursting penalty needs to be a significant compromise between when no penalty was imposed and what is currently imposed now. The current penalty for consecutive magic bursts is far too oppressive. Something in the ballpark of around 33-40% of what the current penalty is for consecutive magic bursts would be MUCH more diplomatic to all jobs that have access to elemental magic, dark magic, divine magic and elemental magic blood pacts.
    ~
    It is an issue that debilitates alot of jobs, with BLM feeling this penalty to it's highest degree.
    (0)

Character
    Tarquine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    From what i have read in the notes and itemization adjustments, this is really a good adjustment for BLM.
    No, it is not, and I highly disagree. Whilst the changes themselves are welcomed, they continue to fall very far short of addressing the multiple faults (and therefore desirability) of BLM, or indeed anything that uses elemental magic.
    (3)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's curious that the entrance to the Odin battlefield is in Selbina, I would expect something in Aht Uhrgan areas, like usual Hazalm Testing grounds, or maybe even Nashmau - so now I wonder if that Selbina entrace will be used for more places.

I admit that one thing I was expecting as a possible reward for a new Odin fight would be the use of his horse as a mount - maybe in a future login campaign, or for those who've both released Luzaf through the regular Odin fights and additional conditions?

Based on the video, I'm looking forward to ninja updates... Utsusemi: San scroll?...
    (0)

Player
    No utsu san is a job gift. Elemental San wheel will be scrolled.
    (0)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    @Akihiko_Matsui Thank you very much for continuing to provide updates. Specifically this digest, long overdue for at least the Western players. As for my concerns for Black Mage, really should have eliminated the resist wall for magic and increased the same amount of attack like has been done for all other jobs. At this point in the game we rarely will use BLM's for virtually anything because of at least those 2 glaring issues.
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I really like the pattern or changing merit categories away from spells.
    I am very curious to see how this affects other jobs.

I don't really play blackmage so I'm not sure what to think of the changes. I am skeptical about the western player criticism though. There is so often a knee-jerk negative reaction, that I don't trust it. I think it takes some testing with a change in abilities to see how useful they are.

Then again, the jobs I'm expert on, it usually pretty quick to understand the implications.

I really like the Digest videos. Thank you and keep up the good work! (Also remember to look at my list on bst forums for a long list of WONDERFUL suggestions)
    (2)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Bastok, ARIZONA, Cloud 9, Imagination Land
    Character
    Phioness
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Appreciate the video, look forward to seeing what the burn/shock/etc... spell will do. Thank you for your efforts, and i hope to see some awesome adjustments for Thief (praying to Alatana). =^.^=
    (2)

Character
    Beoulve
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Odin new battle; A Stygian Pact, offers very nice and new items. I appreciate that a lot, only... won't be able to get them.
    People refuses to help with it because...
    The fight itself is not really fun & it is way too hard. Tanks dies from it so fast, seems harder to tank than Helms NM.
    Normally I enjoy challenging content but the CL119 from very easy (miss typed; vrry easy) seems more like CL135 to me.
    The CL124 from easy more like a CL148+. The CL129 from normal... lol, Helms NM looks like a joke compared to that. So... CL160?
    Maybe make it more accessible for non RMEA players and perhaps ...enjoyable?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast