Thread: Nobody yet?

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    They won't add any more avatars.

At least, not for a long time. Look at how long it took us to get Alexander/Odin.

Plus, we still got 9 more levels of SMN Blood Pacts to think about. Here is to Tier 6 spells at 95...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    They won't add any more avatars.

At least, not for a long time. Look at how long it took us to get Alexander/Odin.

Plus, we still got 9 more levels of SMN Blood Pacts to think about. Here is to Tier 6 spells at 95...
    Interesting thought tier 6 spells but will they be as powerful as the blm counter part.. I think not since they nerf the tier 2 & 4 ones for avatars, what i would like to see is a more consistent dmg amount and maybe a few new bp for the 6 elemental avatars.
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
    Interesting thought tier 6 spells but will they be as powerful as the blm counter part.. I think not since they nerf the tier 2 & 4 ones for avatars, what i would like to see is a more consistent dmg amount and maybe a few new bp for the 6 elemental avatars.
    I believe our base 2 and 4 tier pact-spells are not gimped, they simply do not have the stats or gear boosts that a blm have. so essentially they are the same base, just as if a naked, possibly subjobless blm is casting them.
    (0)

Character
    Mskala
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    A while back (like, when 85 cap came out I think it was) they added a placeholder to the .dats that was literally a copy of Carbuncle in every way. Its not definitive proof that we are getting another avatar, but it points that way. I have no clue if its still there, but we can hope for something that doesn't suck like a 2h.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I'd also like to see Siren again.
    more naked ladies!
    (0)

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Likely candidates for new summons:
    Atomos
    Confirmed to be a summonable avatar by at least one NPC, this is the most likely candidate. Has the ability to drain enemy stats and grant them to the summoner. This may be too much like a Dark Knight, but there are other potential abilities tied to time travel and dimensional travel, both linked to Atomos' power.
    Possibilities:
    Physical Attack Additional Effect: Time Slip - Sends an enemy through time, aging it prematurely. Enemy loses stats on each hit. Adds increasing slow effect with each hit.
    Memory Drain - Enemy is unable to use special attacks.
    Consume - Eat enemy at low health and adds a stat to the party based on the enemy's crystal-drop type. (ex: Fire=Str)

Ixion
    Ixion type monsters appear in the game already. They have a selection of attacks that could be based on the NMs.

Phoenix
    I would expect this to be another summon similar to Alexander and Odin, only not controllable.
    Ability: Rebirth Flame: Raise-ga party/alliance (Raise without death sickness) plus area of effect fire elemental damage.
    Activation: After level 90, randomly summoned if the summoner dies with 2hr available. (does not reset 2hr timer)

Just some quick thoughts about Phoenix:
    Even if the Phoenix died... it's a Phoenix... the general idea is that they keep coming back from the dead... that's their "thing." It's not an excuse to not allow use of the Phoenix because it's dead (or had a portion of its power used to power up a sword or absorbed by some ancient.)

Also, there is a pre-requisite quest for using the power of the Phoenix in Tenzen's story regarding so much bloodshed... and perhaps not unrelated, we have thousands of adventurers slaughtering thousands of monsters constantly for Trials of the Magians... potentially fulfilling that requirement. (yes, I posted this last part elsewhere... fits here too for reasoning)
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I think my Phoenix thread has thrown a lot of speculation and good points that Phoenix can and could be a viable summon, now that a new way to summon avatars has been released. I couldn't really think of Phoenix coming out as a normal avatar. And I never addressed phoenix's ability to return back to life because I thought it was common fantasy knowledge. The pre-requisite of slaughtering thousands does fit well to the requirements of the Magian Trials.

I forgot about Ixion and Atomos, who are both in the game as well. I could see both of these avatars as new summons as well. Though I don't know much about either of them besides Atomos fighting along Cait Sith and Ixion is just a free roaming HNM. The story of both of them I briefly researched did not give much of a story why they are in FFXI, so there's not much speculation I can do on how they could be obtained as summon-able avatars
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I agree Phoenix would make a nice addition, especially for levelsync parties where I'm requested to focus on being a healing tank and not call any avatars :P

It would make it a bit more fun to play that role if Phoenix's auto-attack was replaced with an auto-cure, but still had blood pact fire offense.
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    i vote for a small Caturae
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3