Player

Would the developers consider using player created/upgraded textures?

I read that the dev team sometimes uses textures created by some FFXIV developers on (who used to work on ffxi), I'm curious if they would ever consider using player created ones given freely?

Either HD ones or at the normal resolutions but reskinned, either in dat form or by giving the dds / png images?

(2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm going to express my personal opinion here, based on previous experience.

Copyright laws are a minefield, so it is not as easy as you think.
    (1)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    I would hope that the game is never updated graphics wise, I enjoy the game as it is and like the older look and feel.

That being my opinion, I wouldn't say no to an option to select either Standard or High Definition display so people like myself can continue to play as it is, but would allow for anyone to set HD textures if they wish, made by SE of course.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I would hope that the game is never updated graphics wise, I enjoy the game as it is and like the older look and feel.

That being my opinion, I wouldn't say no to an option to select either Standard or High Definition display so people like myself can continue to play as it is, but would allow for anyone to set HD textures if they wish, made by SE of course.
    People just want higher resolution textures, not different textures. Idk how anyone could, for instance, look at the mog house carpet and say they like that as it is- there are specific textures that are well below the standard of everything else in the game.

In short, we don't want a remaster with new graphics and such, we just want sharper textures so stuff doesn't look muddy up close.

Many interface-related textures have been updated over the years, such as the title logo and buttons, spell/ability icons, and character nameplates (the font and bazaar/dc/linkshell/etc icons). The engine itself can handle this, the issue is only one of memory usage, the game may only be able to access so much memory, and/or they want to keep the minimum requirements down so that people with really old PCs can still play.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-03-2019 at 04:32 PM.