Character
    Leotigress
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Classic Servers, How i Would Consider Doing Them!

i'm looking forward to the potential possibility of a classic server or a few varying classic servers. i thought i would share a few ideas that i have. This think this could be done effectively with as few as 2-4 servers. The idea would be that people could jump between servers but anything earned/obtained such as (key) items/quests/fame/currency/gil/exp/merits/skill and other points/tabs earned in a tier 2+ server cannot be applied/used in tier 1 server, same with a tier 3+ in a tier 2, and same with a tier 4 in a tier 3. If balanced properly so that the game is still difficult players may be willing for the first two tiered servers to be merged, i think it would be fun! My other idea is that zones could be instanced for players who may want to play alone, or complete a tough challenge with their party, i see no problem with players earning things without worrying about competition, perhaps the difficulty of instanced h/nms could be increased to make up for this and/or an increased rarity in instanced zones. As for graphics i would maybe improve them a little bit but it doesn't have to be anything drastic. The games still looks great as is and if they are smart they could potentially update the graphics later once things are stable.

Server tier 1
    Rise of the Zilart
    Chains of Promathia
    Treasures of Aht Urhgan
    Wings of the Goddess
    Seekers of Adoulin (retrofitted for level 75 cap)
    (possibly add/modify relics/mythics/unique rewards for newer jobs that aren't able to use some)
    (No crystal/tome warping to other crystals/tomes)
    (Gear that scales down during level syncing should be worse than basic gear at that level)

Server Tier 2
    A Crystalline Prophecy
    A Moogle Kupo d'Etat
    A Shantotto Ascension
    Trial of the Magians (up to level 75)
    Moblin Maze Mongers (up to level 75)
    Fields of Valor/Grounds Tomes (rebalanced so that tab costs scale with level and/or zone to make tabs more scarce to come by and build up and can't take on pages with a party of 4+ players, also while having 4+ players in a party any active prowesses would be temporarily negated, tomes pages should need to be manually reset)
    Caskets need to be much rarer, like 2.5% chance for a casket to spawn and 20.0% chance for it to be brown instead of blue
    (Gear that scales down during level syncing should be worse than basic gear at that level)

Server Tier 3
    Vision of Abyssea
    Scars of Abyssea
    Heroes of Abyssea

Server Tier 4
    Rhapsodies of Vana'diel
    (Don't use new monster spawns with high level monsters in low level areas, the instanced zones could replace this)
    (Allow crystal/tome warping to other crystals/tomes)

I would love to hear what others think about these ideas as these would allow people to enjoy all the FFXI content at their own pace eventually without breaking the classic servers if they do play a different tier server. i may have missed some things, so i would love to hear from others and perhaps we may see Classic Servers the way we want to play them!

Another thing i think would be great for the game is to rebalance shadows to have a 1 in the number of shadow(s) +1 chance of getting hit otherwise a shadow is used up, this could allow them to remove double and/or triple attack from regular monsters that aren't war and/or thf. Also i would like to see the ability to fully level all crafts on one premium character along with lots of mog safe space like 8x the normal amount that would cost like 25 dollars a month.
    (1)
    Last edited by LeoTiger; 05-25-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Player
    There is zero potential possibility of "classic servers" unless the devs have said something in the last month in some Japanese video game magazine that I have yet to hear of that contradicts their last official statements relating to the concept, which was a resounding "No."

Do you have a legitimate, official, and verifiable source?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Leotigress
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    A legitimate source? No... Did you even read the title!? i'm just suggesting how i would go about doing it if i was Square Enix, is there something wrong with that? They may not have any plans at the moment but if demand grows and people show interest in the idea of a premium character they may reconsider. Not only that but Huntin 4 games on youtube said they have something big planned for FFXI for the 20th anniversary. Some people are hoping that they may be considering classic servers. What's wrong with people sharing their ideas for how classic servers could be done in a way that people could still enjoy and experience the retail content when they are ready to without ruining their classic character progression? You know what, you're right! i'm just an idiot, why would we want to talk about classic servers and let Square Enix know what we are actually interesting in? No, let's just let them do it themselves and botch something up and then people may not like it or want to play it at all... If you don't have anything constructive to say you might as well not say anything, just because they didn't have plans last time you checked doesn't mean they can't change their minds at some point...
    (0)