Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    The only way we are doing level 3 skill chains is by closing with a WS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcEi7zOaBU (not my video)

You're giving up your first 2 spell's damage so you can get TP for your WS (or you're stuck relying on wings/Shikikoyo). Brilliant! The damage on the video isn't very impressive despite being up against EP, but she doesn't appear to be maximizing her WS damage either (no weather, no gear swaps, etc.).

Of course level 2 and level 3 skill chains get all the bonuses that level 1's get, but you are crippling your damage output by going after them due to the limitations SCH has to live with. If you do a nice neat 2-step Detonation with Thunder IV and Aero IV, you can follow it up with a bursted Ebullience Aero V or Amenohelix. Your closing spell, skill chain, and bursted spell are all the same element (allowing you to easily take advantage of staff/day/weather bonuses). This maximizes your damage more than a 3-step anything else using the same number of Strategems.
    No, I wasn't trying to maximize damage in that video. All I was doing was showing how a level 3 skillchain (in this case, darkness) could be done using Immanence. Wasn't trying to do impressive amounts of damage really. In fact, I was avoiding doing gear swaps just to demonstrate how it's done.
    (1)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just want to mention with the upcoming casting time adjustments to elemental magic, doing higher tier magic SC/MB will be even easier.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Player
    i want to make empyrean staff to be able to SC with immanence
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Staff and Club are SCH stronger weapons. Here are some sequences for 5/5 Stratagem use magic and Weapon Skills that will allow for Magic Burst. I've listed Spell level as X so you can chose the tier you want. If you're worried about melee accuracy, Bream Sushi. You should be able to macro up to Alacrity with a space open for an /echo to hit the button again and a macro book swap for the rest of the skills/spells for a two button lvl 3 w/ Magic Burst. I haven't tested yet as I am still working on both Omniscience and Black Halo, but I'm more than happy to repost when I do.

Dark Skill Chain (Staff)
    Immanence > Luminohelix > Immanence > Alacrity > Stone X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Omniscience > Stone X/Water X/Blizzard X/Drain

Light Skill Chain (Club)
    Immanence > Fire X > Immanence > Alacrity > Thunder X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Black Halo > Aero X/Fire X/Thunder X/Luminohelix
    Wouldn't it be better to use shattersoul after distortion for darkness skillchain? ;o
    With Delve staff, Shattersoul is INT based ws so there is a lot of gear to help increase dmg.

I've done over 12k skillchain on Mikey in la worm camp
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3