Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cymmina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Staff and Club are SCH stronger weapons. Here are some sequences for 5/5 Stratagem use magic and Weapon Skills that will allow for Magic Burst. I've listed Spell level as X so you can chose the tier you want. If you're worried about melee accuracy, Bream Sushi. You should be able to macro up to Alacrity with a space open for an /echo to hit the button again and a macro book swap for the rest of the skills/spells for a two button lvl 3 w/ Magic Burst. I haven't tested yet as I am still working on both Omniscience and Black Halo, but I'm more than happy to repost when I do.

Dark Skill Chain (Staff)
    Immanence > Luminohelix > Immanence > Alacrity > Stone X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Omniscience > Stone X/Water X/Blizzard X/Drain

Light Skill Chain (Club)
    Immanence > Fire X > Immanence > Alacrity > Thunder X > Alacrity > Ebullience > Black Halo > Aero X/Fire X/Thunder X/Luminohelix
    I understand the desire to create advanced skill chains as SCH, but it's the worst route you can take. Yes, light and darkness skill chains do 100% of the closing ability's damage (barring resists), but you lose out on obis giving you day/weather boost and staff bonus. That's right, skill chains get staff bonus. They also get day/weather bonus *and* Klimaform bonus when using Savant's Loafers +1/2. That means you want to use level 1 skill chains. Anything else is a waste of stratagems and you would be better off just using Ebullience on your best damage spells.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/56871
    (1)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    True, but you also have latents and trials that do care about closing skillchains. This shows how you can attain certain levels using SCH. Its better to have the information and know it's limitations than it is to dissmiss it off the cuff.
    I can understand mentioning the staff bonus, becuase changing staff will reset TP to 0, but you can change Obis in between.
    Also, these are all tools. Knowing the correct tool for the job can help with specific goals. The situation you are using your tools for general nuking. I can understand wanting the Staff bonuses per nuke there, because it will be a majority of what a nuking SCH does. But what if your goal is to max a Helix? (God knows that's one of the things I want to do with SCH!) Spec for the Helix weather, build up to a lvl 3 Chain and let the Helix fly. Heaven forbid our nerfed Modus Veritas lands afterwards. /squee!
    (1)

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When doing the spell > spell > weaponskill darkness skillchain, does both of the produced skillchains count for the points for breaking latents? Will that be worth 8 points (distortion & darkness) or just 5 points for darkness?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhragon View Post
    When doing the spell > spell > weaponskill darkness skillchain, does both of the produced skillchains count for the points for breaking latents? Will that be worth 8 points (distortion & darkness) or just 5 points for darkness?
    If I remember correctly only the skillchain caused by the weapon counts.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Only thing that counts is what the ws closes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    I understand the desire to create advanced skill chains as SCH, but it's the worst route you can take. Yes, light and darkness skill chains do 100% of the closing ability's damage (barring resists), but you lose out on obis giving you day/weather boost and staff bonus. That's right, skill chains get staff bonus. They also get day/weather bonus *and* Klimaform bonus when using Savant's Loafers +1/2. That means you want to use level 1 skill chains. Anything else is a waste of stratagems and you would be better off just using Ebullience on your best damage spells.

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/56871
    I know where you are going, yeah overall doing a multi chain like that is a waste of resources, but you are incorrect in saying the skillchain damage is 100%.

a level 3 is only 100% when there is only 2 ws to make it and there is no potency bonuses, there is a lot of ways to increase skillchain damage. if you do a fragmentation > light, that base for that level 3 is 150% and other potency bonuses like day. weather, SCH boots under our af spell can boost it.

I point you back to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Rambus View Post
    back in 2004 I told people how to SC and i end up memerzing the chart so i do not get "i only have mage jobs so i do not know how SC works"

anyways Immanence just makes your spells mimic the equilvent level 1 sc properties:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vWihfifjey...spirascv25.jpg

you can make more then one SC too like if you use it with stone V you are putting scisson property on the mob

then you can use water V for reveration, then blizzard IV for indutation then water IV for fragmentation.

Here is to show it in game i was showing someone in game that you can do sc after sc like on the chart:
    http://img860.imageshack.us/img860/8866/scs.jpg

notice the climb in sc damage.

the first level 1 sc is 50% of spell, then 60% then the level 2 is 100%

when you do sc after sc it climbs.

SC damage can also be patted with weather/day/ staff/ etc:
    http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9241/aerovscresize.jpg
    onscrean damage is 3893 detonation

4871 (.50)> 2435 (SCH hands bonus1.10)>2678 (1.10 klimaform boots bonus)> 2945 > staff bonus (1.15)>3386 > (1.15, cape and weather)> 3893.
    that is why, otherwise it would be 2435 normally.
    Level 3s get those bonuses if that element triggers on the mob, there is few rules on what element lands for the damage though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 07-23-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Character
    Cymmina
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Einalem View Post
    Also, these are all tools. Knowing the correct tool for the job can help with specific goals. The situation you are using your tools for general nuking. I can understand wanting the Staff bonuses per nuke there, because it will be a majority of what a nuking SCH does. But what if your goal is to max a Helix? (God knows that's one of the things I want to do with SCH!) Spec for the Helix weather, build up to a lvl 3 Chain and let the Helix fly. Heaven forbid our nerfed Modus Veritas lands afterwards. /squee!
    What is this? No seriously, what is this? Your burst damage multiplier only cares how many steps there are in the skill chain, not what level it is. You do know that there is a difference, right?

Only thing that counts is what the ws closes.

I know where you are going, yeah overall doing a multi chain like that is a waste of resources, but you are incorrect in saying the skillchain damage is 100%.

a level 3 is only 100% when there is only 2 ws to make it and there is no potency bonuses, there is a lot of ways to increase skillchain damage. if you do a fragmentation > light, that base for that level 3 is 150% and other potency bonuses like day. weather, SCH boots under our af spell can boost it.

I point you back to this:

Level 3s get those bonuses if that element triggers on the mob, there is few rules on what element lands for the damage though.
    Are you confused? I said nothing about multistep skill chains, only that you should stick to level 1s. Stone > Aero > Stone is a 3-step Scission and it is still only a level 1 skill chain!

Let me introduce you to our level 2 skill chains:

Liquefaction + Impaction = Fusion, closes with Lightning and the element is Fire/Light. Missing out on weather and staff bonus for either the closing spell or the skill chain.

Induration + Reverberation = Fragmentation, closes with Water and the element is Thunder/Wind. Again, missing out on weather and staff bonus. Even worse, you're limited to using Windstorm because Thunderstorm will hurt your closing spell's damage (not a problem at 90, since our highest spell is Aero V, but it is likely that Thunder V is still in the cards for 99).

Detonation + Compression = Gravitation, closes with Dark with a Dark/Earth element. Finally, a chain that lets us close with the same element as the chain itself! Unfortunately, it requires Impact or Noctohelix. Impact is fine I guess. I don't have it so I don't know how it compares in damage to our other spells, but helix spells are terrible to close skill chains with due to their low initial damage.

Transfixion + Scission = Distortion, closes with Earth with a Water/Ice element. This can only be opened with Luminohelix, and again you give up staff and weather bonus for either the closing spell or the chain itself.

All of the other level 2 skill chain possibilities require the closing ability to have 2 elements, which SCH cannot do using Immanence.

The only way we are doing level 3 skill chains is by closing with a WS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcEi7zOaBU (not my video)

You're giving up your first 2 spell's damage so you can get TP for your WS (or you're stuck relying on wings/Shikikoyo). Brilliant! The damage on the video isn't very impressive despite being up against EP, but she doesn't appear to be maximizing her WS damage either (no weather, no gear swaps, etc.).

Of course level 2 and level 3 skill chains get all the bonuses that level 1's get, but you are crippling your damage output by going after them due to the limitations SCH has to live with. If you do a nice neat 2-step Detonation with Thunder IV and Aero IV, you can follow it up with a bursted Ebullience Aero V or Amenohelix. Your closing spell, skill chain, and bursted spell are all the same element (allowing you to easily take advantage of staff/day/weather bonuses). This maximizes your damage more than a 3-step anything else using the same number of Strategems.
    (1)
    Last edited by Cymmina; 07-30-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: additional formatting

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I go by " fish for a man, feed him for a day, teach the man to fish, feed them for a lifetime"
    I always preferred "make a man a fire keep him warm for the night, set a man on fire keep him warm for the rest of his life."
    (2)

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Can we update this list

We now have the club WS's "Flash Nova" Catastrophic and Shattersoul.

What Solo Skillchains ca we use to take advantage of these.

I am guessing if I solo darkness SC I can WS Catastrophic to MB.

As for shattersoul, What skillchain do I haveto make to close with shattersoul?

Thanks

Luminhelix + stone + shattersoul = Darkness.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kimjongil; 03-25-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Ciato
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimjongil View Post
    We now have the club WS's "Flash Nova" Catastrophic and Shattersoul.

What Solo Skillchains ca we use to take advantage of these.

I am guessing if I solo darkness SC I can WS Catastrophic to MB.

As for shattersoul, What skillchain do I haveto make to close with shattersoul?

Thanks

Luminhelix + stone + shattersoul = Darkness.
    Either you didn't read the thread or the info you want (level 3 skillchains) isn't here.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skillchain

Please read it and learn how to skillchain.

But if you're looking for good damage, please read the thread. Or just Cymmina's post two posts above yours.
    (1)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well since it was still on the first page, I like to clear up something:

Quote Originally Posted by Cymmina View Post
    What is this? No seriously, what is this? Your burst damage multiplier only cares how many steps there are in the skill chain, not what level it is. You do know that there is a difference, right?

Are you confused? I said nothing about multistep skill chains, only that you should stick to level 1s. Stone > Aero > Stone is a 3-step Scission and it is still only a level 1 skill chain!

Let me introduce you to our level 2 skill chains:

Liquefaction + Impaction = Fusion, closes with Lightning and the element is Fire/Light. Missing out on weather and staff bonus for either the closing spell or the skill chain.

Induration + Reverberation = Fragmentation, closes with Water and the element is Thunder/Wind. Again, missing out on weather and staff bonus. Even worse, you're limited to using Windstorm because Thunderstorm will hurt your closing spell's damage (not a problem at 90, since our highest spell is Aero V, but it is likely that Thunder V is still in the cards for 99).

Detonation + Compression = Gravitation, closes with Dark with a Dark/Earth element. Finally, a chain that lets us close with the same element as the chain itself! Unfortunately, it requires Impact or Noctohelix. Impact is fine I guess. I don't have it so I don't know how it compares in damage to our other spells, but helix spells are terrible to close skill chains with due to their low initial damage.

Transfixion + Scission = Distortion, closes with Earth with a Water/Ice element. This can only be opened with Luminohelix, and again you give up staff and weather bonus for either the closing spell or the chain itself.

All of the other level 2 skill chain possibilities require the closing ability to have 2 elements, which SCH cannot do using Immanence.

The only way we are doing level 3 skill chains is by closing with a WS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcEi7zOaBU (not my video)

You're giving up your first 2 spell's damage so you can get TP for your WS (or you're stuck relying on wings/Shikikoyo). Brilliant! The damage on the video isn't very impressive despite being up against EP, but she doesn't appear to be maximizing her WS damage either (no weather, no gear swaps, etc.).

Of course level 2 and level 3 skill chains get all the bonuses that level 1's get, but you are crippling your damage output by going after them due to the limitations SCH has to live with. If you do a nice neat 2-step Detonation with Thunder IV and Aero IV, you can follow it up with a bursted Ebullience Aero V or Amenohelix. Your closing spell, skill chain, and bursted spell are all the same element (allowing you to easily take advantage of staff/day/weather bonuses). This maximizes your damage more than a 3-step anything else using the same number of Strategems.
    I am not confused, you said darkness is 100% damage and I was just telling you that is not always the case.

Of course level 1s are better for SCH because of the reasons you said, but I was not talking about that. When I talked about my level 1 sc damage I thought that message was implied anyway. (Also said earlier doing level 3s and so on was more for fun)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 09-26-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast