Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Arise
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 56
    I agree with you on almost all points except one. Final Fantasy XI online has a very real life economic system that requires player to make that economy fruit-full. Everything in Final Fantasy XI revolves around the economy in one way or the other. The problem with the current situation with the exception of the 3 heavly populated servers is there is no economy. You cannot fill a town with say 300 people when the town was made for say 70,000. You do that and the town wont function. Market trade is a must in this game. If you remove that this game wont function. Do you know why they added the trust system? They did it because the population is to low on most survers to get anything done. The current economy of Final Fantasy XI is at a standstill, gill must move to make the system work and right now is down to a crawl and because of that the game is 10X more difficult then what it was. What needs to happen is all scroll's for all jobs need to be NPC'ed for 90% less then what the players asking price is. What ever the population shrinks by, allthe NPC's should of been adjusted to reflect that. If you loose 60% of the ecnomy then all shops should have there selling prices reduced by 60% to prevent the gill from deflateing. Also would .ecomened placing a Hard Cap on the AH based off of player population. People will say we don't want that, ihate to say this but to bad ,they need to do whats best for the server not the individual player. A server merge is highly recommended.
    (1)

I'd hate to see a server with 7,000 players - what a nightmare for anyone wanting JP or to farm without competition for everything.

I started on Phoenix and my characters will die with Phoenix if it goes down. XI doesn't need server shutdowns, it needs a new expansion (perhaps the surprise they are working on?) and marketing said new expansion.
    (0)

They have stated that a new expansion isn't out of the question, but probably unlikely.
    (0)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Hello OP, I've been playing the ffxi game for about 8 months now and the adventure is fun, I enjoy the tough world of vanadiel but what I do not like about this game is that, the story doesn't make sense, I've been jumping from one expansion to another, I wish FFXI storyline was much more streamlined like how FFXIV story is , so it can make sense. Rhapsodies of Vanadiel is suppose to bring all the expansions together but it does a horrible job for new players becuase you can't progress until you complete some missions from other expansions, like Chains of Promitha for example. So you don't know what the hell is going on.

the UI is terrible and very unfriendly to new players, so I understand where you are coming from.

The game doesn't tell you how to chainskills attacks so you have to look it up somewhere .

Some missions are nearly impossible to do by yourself becuase some monsters are level 99 and has true sight so sometime you need to call someone to help. And the missions don't make sense to me, It took me a day and a half to complete one mission because I was very confused. The game doesn't do a good job with missions or helping out new players.

I wish this game had a friendly UI ( kinda like FFXIV hotbars) and can tell you what to do instead of being fustrated. I like a good story and it's too bad ffxi has all these problems, I might as well wait for the Mobile edition, also FFXIV has a good story and the expansion is coming up. So if ffxi doesn't work for you, you can check out that mmo. But the story isn't finished yet.
    (0)
    Last edited by JKap_Goat; 05-31-2019 at 04:05 PM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JKap_Goat View Post
    Hello OP, I've been playing the ffxi game for about 8 months now and the adventure is fun, I enjoy the tough world of vanadiel but what I do not like about this game is that, the story doesn't make sense, I've been jumping from one expansion to another, I wish FFXI storyline was much more streamlined like how FFXIV story is , so it can make sense. Rhapsodies of Vanadiel is suppose to bring all the expansions together but it does a horrible job for new players becuase you can't progress until you complete some missions from other expansions, like Chains of Promitha for example. So you don't know what the hell is going on.

the UI is terrible and very unfriendly to new players, so I understand where you are coming from.

The game doesn't tell you how to chainskills attacks so you have to look it up somewhere .

Some missions are nearly impossible to do by yourself becuase some monsters are level 99 and has true sight so sometime you need to call someone to help. And the missions don't make sense to me, It took me a day and a half to complete one mission because I was very confused. The game doesn't do a good job with missions or helping out new players.

I wish this game had a friendly UI ( kinda like FFXIV hotbars) and can tell you what to do instead of being fustrated. I like a good story and it's too bad ffxi has all these problems, I might as well wait for the Mobile edition, also FFXIV has a good story and the expansion is coming up. So if ffxi doesn't work for you, you can check out that mmo. But the story isn't finished yet.
    We know FFXIV's storyline is basically Game of Thrones. Ending of every expansion tells you there is more to come. We like the way FFXI is so we can enjoy the game that has multiple endings.
    (1)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah because your old players who been playing this game since the dawn of time, new players like myself don't know what the hell is going on
    (0)

What ever happened to that new UI they used to talk about a few years a go, wasn't it added to the Test server. Although i like the simple UI and menu's, and i can't stand WoW type hand-holding quest markers and stuff, but it would be nice if they refined some quests hints, sometimes you are forced to check online because the descriptions are vague.
    (1)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah because your old players who been playing this game since the dawn of time, new players like myself don't know what the hell is going on
    There are multiple guides online detailing missions and how to progress through them. It really isn't difficult.
    (0)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    There are multiple guides online detailing missions and how to progress through them. It really isn't difficult.

To a new player, yes it is.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    To a new player, yes it is.
    Only hard if the UI doesn't tell you where to go. If you have played Eureka in FF14 you will know what this game is all about. Having the modern UI/Duty Finder is what makes the community more anti-social. I wouldn't want FFXI to follow that mistake.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast