Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    XI would presently benefit handily from implementing some cross-server/matchmaking tech. Not everyone wants to be on Asura, but at the same time, there's no real good way to find like-minded players other than shouting/yelling and hoping for the best.
    If you want that kind of tech you should go play FF14 instead. XI would do better without it even though Asura and any server with a large amount of JP players don't need that. They already implemented more teleports everywhere in Vana'diel for us to teleport to help players quickly. We run our own community and do events on our discord for our members to check it out. You know our community is very friendly unlike whoever thinks and says about Asura. The dev team should be taking the real feedback from between two and not the minority since we are not living through Tanaka era anymore. Just saying.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    If you want that kind of tech you should go play FF14 instead. XI would do better without it even though Asura and any server with a large amount of JP players don't need that. They already implemented more teleports everywhere in Vana'diel for us to teleport to help players quickly. We run our own community and do events on our discord for our members to check it out. You know our community is very friendly unlike whoever thinks and says about Asura. The dev team should be taking the real feedback from between two and not the minority since we are not living through Tanaka era anymore. Just saying.
    I disagree. While things are somewhat easier than they once were with /yell, something that will quickly bring players together would be a boon to FFXI, as long as it just makes the parties beforehand so you can change something before entry (unlike how it works in FFXIV). Then you just have your party and you can do whatever with it, and can continue to do multiple things with that same group if you want, which is the core flaw of the duty finder system where you're stuck with who you get and if you liked the people you played with there's no easy way to do more with the same party.

Technically we've had the "autogroup" feature forever, but it is literally never used because it is unintuitive, only works within an area, and doesn't let you specify what you intend to do. And telling people to "go play FFXIV" for wanting a convenient method of grouping is rather a jerky thing to say, for lack of better words. After all, it has little to do with the gameplay itself and maybe they like FFXI's gameplay even if they like some of the supporting systems that were developed in FFXIV. I'm subbed to both and love both for different reasons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-11-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I disagree. While things are somewhat easier than they once were with /yell, something that will quickly bring players together would be a boon to FFXI, as long as it just makes the parties beforehand so you can change something before entry (unlike how it works in FFXIV). Then you just have your party and you can do whatever with it, and can continue to do multiple things with that same group if you want, which is the core flaw of the duty finder system where you're stuck with who you get and if you liked the people you played with there's no easy way to do more with the same party.

Technically we've had the "autogroup" feature forever, but it is literally never used because it is unintuitive, only works within an area, and doesn't let you specify what you intend to do. And telling people to "go play FFXIV" for wanting a convenient method of grouping is rather a jerky thing to say, for lack of better words. After all, it has little to do with the gameplay itself and maybe they like FFXI's gameplay even if they like some of the supporting systems that were developed in FFXIV. I'm subbed to both and love both for different reasons.
    Let's be honest, you mentioned "continue with the same group/party" which sounds like a feedback from the minority. While in Asura, we do different stuff with different people time to time. I have more than two linkshells (would be nice if SE gives us more slots to equip more linkshells so you can talk to different people depending on your moods) and we are running one of the largest linkshells which has more than 40 active players during that time. Therefore, I'd suggest a party finder instead of the duty finder. I don't see how the duty finder/cross-server would work for FFXI based on gear stats. We work our best for the members to get better gears as possible and what we can do to improve them. That's a real community we are running instead of what the machine can do for the community like FFXIV.

Even if SE really is going to remake FFXI from the scratch and make it more like FFXIV then they would just have both games merged instead. <<< The majority of FFXI vets who quit don't want it to happen.

Not to mention that FFXI already has instanced battle areas.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Let's be honest, you mentioned "continue with the same group/party" which sounds like a feedback from the minority.
    What's this supposed to mean? I don't think I'm in a minority when I say that I'd like to do more things with friendly people or those who were otherwise good to play with. You make it sound like the very idea of meeting somebody you like enough to do more than one thing with is some kind of wild and crazy fantasy. Now, I don't have data on that I admit, but it really doesn't seem out of the realm of normalness.

You keep using "majority" and "minority" without any actual data. Best that you stop using those words before you make more of a fool out of yourself unless you go collect some data ffirst, or at least state it clearly as an opinion or hypothesis, rather than suggesting it to be factual.

Not to mention that FFXI already has instanced battle areas.
    In most cases, they're only "instanced" in the loosest form of the word, where there are simply a set number of cloned battle areas within a zone (why the game calls them "layer areas") and if they're all occupied, you have to wait, whereas real instances don't have a set limit for any specific content (rather just a technical limit for total number of instances for all content that the server can handle at once)

But I'm not even specifically discussing instances or instanced content. I'm just talking about opening a window with a list of contents that you can pick from and be paired with people who want to do the same thing easily. Really more like FFXIV's Party Finder rather than the Duty Finder; and then when you have a party you're satisfied with, you do the content. Right now the only worthwhile thing available to you for that in FFXI is /yell but that only reaches certain areas, and the other person or people that might be interested in what you're doing could easily be somewhere else.
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'll give a pretty simple example of how expanding group finding tools would be benefit: You want to build an Almace.

We'll skip past all the early stuff and jump straight to Abyssea content. While soloing the three phases is possible now between the level cap increases/ilvl and trusts, the truth is that doing it on your own with a singular account is a painfully slow process. If you want to target the widest array of KI procs, you're further limited to pretty much WAR or NIN. 2 of the 3 phases also included timed NMs (Gukumatz and Sisyphus), and while the latter can be worked around with gold chest drops, that's still RNG and you can only hold one.

Now, the benefit of grouping here is that it would cut the required time significantly, to the point I'd probably say it'd be 90% faster getting 75 Apa horns with a legit party of 6 than doing it on your own. If your thought is, "Why would anyone want to help with that, though?" then we're more or less talking about my post's last point about people helping and self-interest. Still, it'd be nice to have the option to be actively out farming such on your own and having the group slowly build as people take interest. It would make the experience far better than just continuing to slog solo or hoping maybe you find a helper or two doing a shout/yell before leaving to the zones. Some may join up to kill time. Some may seek reciprocation/alternate drops. Others may acknowledge that, yeah, the process sucks, so a little good deed here and there won't hurt the community.

In the end, it doesn't matter if you're in the most awesomest, bestest linkshell community/discord catering to a very specific server. You're not in arm's reach of everyone. Very few are actually "like you" if this whole charitable visage isn't an act. And that's my overall point. There are and have been people who fall through the cracks, and the more that happens, the more they get mad at the game, the more likely they'll want to stop playing, and eventually telling other people to not play because of their bad experiences. Arguing against steps to alleviate that outcome will never make sense to me, and at worst, comes off as the worst form of fanboyism given the fingerpointing to XIV and how doing anything like it would be catastrophic.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4