Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehira View Post
    Having the modern UI/Duty Finder is what makes the community more anti-social. I wouldn't want FFXI to follow that mistake.

cough... trusts... cough... lol
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    I was on Bahamut before. JP and EN players don't mix well.

FFXIV players will experience the new trust system in the next expansion. Should be interesting.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JKap_Goat View Post
    To a new player, yes it is.
    We were all new once. Us "old players" made it through, and times where A LOT tougher then.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    The part of the duty finder that makes it antisocial is not being able to continue to do things with the same party. automatic matching would be fine if you could easily continue playing with people that you had a good time with.
    (0)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Only hard if the UI doesn't tell you where to go. If you have played Eureka in FF14 you will know what this game is all about. Having the modern UI/Duty Finder is what makes the community more anti-social. I wouldn't want FFXI to follow that mistake.
    I mean on FFXIV I'm not antisocial, I have made lots of friends and in multiple hunt Linkshells, and with the World Visit system, I have visited and talk to even more people.

Your going to have those people who don't talk in Duty finder, sometimes I don't even talk and that's fine, as a AST/WHM main, as long as you don't stand in AoEs and can manage hate ,use your defensive cooldowns as tank , your good. At least in FFXIV duty finder, you can still talk to people ( was doing aurum vale yesterday night and had a conversation with new people playing the game)

To be fair, in FFXI , I am more lonely than since everyone is 99 and I've just been playing with trusts and grinding my way to 99, I played Euerka and I have gotten my AST,RDM and WHM relics done.

I can't really even associate with some people because I have no idea what they are doing or what item is anything in game so I just remain quiet.

I grind for a little and get bored, then log out.
    (0)

Character
    Jkap
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Plus Viera, I'm very very happy I'm going to be a Viera,I wish for males though
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I mean on FFXIV I'm not antisocial, I have made lots of friends and in multiple hunt Linkshells, and with the World Visit system, I have visited and talk to even more people.

Your going to have those people who don't talk in Duty finder, sometimes I don't even talk and that's fine, as a AST/WHM main, as long as you don't stand in AoEs and can manage hate ,use your defensive cooldowns as tank , your good. At least in FFXIV duty finder, you can still talk to people ( was doing aurum vale yesterday night and had a conversation with new people playing the game)

To be fair, in FFXI , I am more lonely than since everyone is 99 and I've just been playing with trusts and grinding my way to 99, I played Euerka and I have gotten my AST,RDM and WHM relics done.

I can't really even associate with some people because I have no idea what they are doing or what item is anything in game so I just remain quiet.

I grind for a little and get bored, then log out.
    I wish we could go back to the 75 cap era but I have to say this won't happen. FFXI is ruined greatly when it tried to follow FFXIV. Today, 90% of the old content can be done by soloing with trusts while Lvl 99 players focus on upgrading their gears and selling runs.

I don't mind if SE could remake this game from the scratch and continue to develop this great Vana'diel. I mean Hiromichi Tanaka is gone and we have the new producer and director who are doing a great job so far.

In the other words, would be great if we take our FFXI dev team back that Yoshi took over. The last major update was in 2015.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Plus Viera, I'm very very happy I'm going to be a Viera,I wish for males though
    I wish people would stop projecting human sexuality and gender logic onto fantasy races. They are made up fantasy beings, they can be designed however they want. And that's why you get several to choose from. If you don't like the design of one, there's others available. When FFXIV originally cmae out, they shoehorned a female gender into the roegadyn (the galka spiritual successor) and... almost nobody uses it. That was sure some dev time well spent.

Personally I'm thankful that keeping to the lore of the Viera enabled them to create a more beastly type of race, something I've been wishing for for ages. I play a human in real life, I actually want to avoid them in fantasy games where I can.
    (2)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That was sure some dev time well spent.
    True, so true. I fear if FFXI was remade then this community would end up like FFXIV's.

We are already perma-banned from FFXIV's offical forums not so long after FFXIV:ARR released.

(Couldn't put "political correctness" reasons on here even if you knew Facebook dramas then it is the same thing over there)
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wish we could go back to the 75 cap era but I have to say this won't happen. FFXI is ruined greatly when it tried to follow FFXIV. Today, 90% of the old content can be done by soloing with trusts while Lvl 99 players focus on upgrading their gears and selling runs.
    It wasn't any different at the 75 cap, though. The endgamers were busy camping HNMs/Sky/whatever and not really caring to the sufferings of newbies/casuals back in the day. It was a lot worse when CoP had the level caps. People were also selling drops from said HNMs or things like Salvage gear.

End of the day, FFXI suffered from a lot of what we could simply call busywork. All the stuff we can bemoan people are doing with trusts nowadays was content people largely didn't want to help with unless they needed it done themselves. If you didn't have the right jobs available or didn't play at the right time of day, the process just arbitrarily got that much more difficult. This could've been a problem solved by better appending rewards to helping, but something like helping people get through the Promy's really wasn't worth the 3k total EXP or whatever the game eventually wound up giving to repeaters. And it's a problem I'd assert extends to even more current content like high-tier battlefields or other activities to help get someone's feet wet in endgame. Soloing Yorcia gear certainly isn't enough, and Sparks stuff is definitely worse than that.

XI would presently benefit handily from implementing some cross-server/matchmaking tech. Not everyone wants to be on Asura, but at the same time, there's no real good way to find like-minded players other than shouting/yelling and hoping for the best.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast