Player

Controller Problems

I stopped playing around the holidays last year and just came back. The only thing that has changed about my laptop since then is I upgraded to a 1 TB SSD and got myself Windows 10. I've played FF11 across Windows 7,8, and 10. In 7 and 8 after installing FF11 I would go into FF11 config and then to gamepad settings click on enable gamepad and then assign my buttons and calibrate my movement, camera, and menu controls and I be good to go. But now?

Holy crap I spent a day trying to get my controller that worked before to work. I wound up having to update my controller's driver to one from 2009 in order to get it to work right and that's only if I select xinput. If I try to configure anything but button assignment it won't work example movement, camera, menus. I also tried to use some other controllers too like my PS4 and XB1 and had to fight FF11 config to get those to work right when they worked fine before. Is this a new issue or something I was just lucky to avoid until now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
    (0)

Player
    So I think SE messed something up. Or it could be an issue with windows 10. All the controllers I have work with no problems in all my other PC games and XIV. But they will not work in XI, partially work, or just work but with glitches. The only one that works with no issues is my xbox one controller and my logitech wireless gamepad F710 but only when its set to D input and X input. SE please fix this. Thank you
    (0)

Character
    Arise
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 56
    if you have a ps4 controller it works good.
    (0)

Character
    Morn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 75
    How? I'm using ps4 controller with ds4windows and I can't get the darned thing to function correctly. can anyone help?
    (0)

Character
    Melman
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Did you ever get this fixed? im using ds4 on windows with native support and ingame the buttons are screwed up and wont work correctly
    (0)

Character
    Jangamaky
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanjitai View Post
    I stopped playing around the holidays last year and just came back. The only thing that has changed about my laptop since then is I upgraded to a 1 TB SSD and got myself Windows 10. I've played FF11 across Windows 7,8, and 10. In 7 and 8 after installing FF11 I would go into FF11 config and then to gamepad settings click on enable gamepad and then assign my buttons and calibrate my movement, camera, and menu controls and I be good to go. But now?

Holy crap I spent a day trying to get my controller that worked before to work. I wound up having to update my controller's driver to one from 2009 in order to get it to work right and that's only if I select xinput. If I try to configure anything but button assignment it won't work example movement, camera, menus. I also tried to use some other controllers too like my PS4 and XB1 and had to fight FF11 config to get those to work right when they worked fine before. Is this a new issue or something I was just lucky to avoid until now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
    I had a similar problem when I came back to the game in February. For me, I had to stop using Windower. Apparently that was causing all the problems.
    (0)

Character
    Griffinx
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm also having controller issues, has anyone figured anything out?
    (0)

Character
    Elqplau
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I found that if you don't have ActiveX installed you need to uninstall ffxi completely install ActiveX then reinstall ffxi as pol will not see ActiveX if installed after ffxi
    (0)