Character
    Bhoot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Melee BST feedback

(3)
    Last edited by Lea-Monde; 05-12-2023 at 02:37 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I am a bit suspicious that the developers forgot about the Charmer's Merlin when they changed ready and reduced the recast for the 100 JP Gift.

A big point in my opinion supporting this theory is that the 1200 JP gift of Pet TP Bonus 40 is so pathetic. There is a pattern with other hybrid jobs (Blu, Dnc, PUP for example) where the 100 jp gift and 1200 jp gift are Idential capacity increases. They are very potent.

I think the original plan was to have 1200 jp gift be a 5sec reduction. Then someone probably noticed "Wait a sec, with charmer's merlin and desulter tassets reduce it to 10s recast already. 5 seconds is OP!"
    So they changed the 1200 jp gift to something near useless instead.

This theory makes me think that an ilvl replacement for charmer's merlin is unlikely. I think it was unintended in the first place. The current shape of it also has the typical situational tradeoff between master power and pet power. I think it is a case of "working as intended" right now.
    a
    When I focus on Master Melee, I usually find using a bursting pet to be the most beneficial. Generous Arthur, Fluffly Bredo, Left-handed Yoko, Alluring Honey are the most potent bursting pets. They are also tank pets and the debuffs help melee parties quite a bit. Slower ready recast from not using Charmer's Merlin fits well with this style.

I would love to see a replacement for Shepherd's chain.
    However, I suspect it more likely that Nukumi Quijotes +2/3 will have an increase to Stout Servant, which will make shepherd's chain be the first pet -dt piece to become less relevant. We can already overcap pet pdt from gear. Pet -dt is getting very close (77% laast I checked).

In my emergency dt set for both pet and master (using Pangu) I replace shepherd's chain with Loricate torque +1. I cap master dt at 50%, then get pet pdt up int the 70% range also.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    There's a very simple solution for avoiding overly lowered Ready recasts.. Simply add a unique lower bound. There are other JAs with something like this (COR's Quick Draw ability for example has a lower bound far above the otherwise standard -80% delay reduction cap,) so it should be at least technically possible to implement a lower bound of 10sec minimum Ready charge recast.

There we go, now there are no worries about adding new gear options for Ready Recast-
    Personally, I think that if they want to encourage BST master-melee, they'll need to give us the recast- in non-weapon slots. Whether this is done via equipment, Gift adjustment, Merit Point Category adjustment (would just need to change a "1" to a "2" and Charmer's is obsoleted,) or baseline Job Traits doesn't really matter to me at this point.. I just want to see it happen so that it's feasible to play the job the way the devs envision it's ideal playstyle.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    That's a simple and fantastic point Nyarlko.

I really like that solution. Put a cap on ready recast and add the trait to other gear options. That's an elegant solution. I agree 100%. i hope the do that.

I'm going to add that to my list on the other thread.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Cross reaper is pretty insane on BST; kind of wish they were on one of the scythe relics. I digress....Agree with the suggestions above pretty much.
    (0)