Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From my perspective the dev team is selecting the stance that in higher difficulty battles that player parties should consist of two WHM; where one is majorly focused on Solace and the second focused upon Misery.
    (0)

Regarding the planned adjustments to white mage

Thank you for all your latest feedback.

We have seen many comments that were against the new proposed changes and the reasoning behind the opposition. As such, we have decided to withdraw on making any further adjustments scheduled in July and will be reverting Esuna and Sacrifice’s effect to those from April 2019.

We assumed Sacrifice acted as a substitute for Esuna; however, we’ve seen many comments that supported the previous effect. Because Esuna was used in conjunction with the previous version of Sacrifice, we have determined that both spells need to be reverted. Furthermore, another factor that led to this decision was that the previous version of Esuna was an effective method for our players to recover area-wide status ailments when Yagrush was not utilized.

Yagrush benefits enough from Afflatus Solace while making it possible to make status ailment recovery spells an area-wide effect. With the changes we were planning, while there were pros and cons, we thought that there would be more positive effects when looked at as a whole. However, our understanding about that turned out to be naïve.

We apologize for the frustration we caused to our adventurers.
    (7)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post

We have seen many comments that were against the new proposed changes and the reasoning behind the opposition. As such, we have decided to withdraw on making any further adjustments scheduled in July and will be reverting Esuna and Sacrifice’s effect to those from April 2019.

We assumed Sacrifice acted as a substitute for Esuna; however, we’ve seen many comments that supported the previous effect. Because Esuna was used in conjunction with the previous version of Sacrifice, we have determined that both spells need to be reverted. Furthermore, another factor that led to this decision was that the previous version of Esuna was an effective method for our players to recover area-wide status ailments when Yagrush was not utilized.

Yagrush benefits enough from Afflatus Solace while making it possible to make status ailment recovery spells an area-wide effect. With the changes we were planning, while there were pros and cons, we thought that there would be more positive effects when looked at as a whole. However, our understanding about that turned out to be naïve.

Really though the part that made the least sense to me was just the fact that we went from a relatively cheap AOE status cure with a reasonable cooldown to an expensive, single-target one with a long cooldown, just because it removed one more effect than it could before.

There still should be a way to remove Amnesia though. Please address this.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 06-25-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Thank you for reconsidering the recent changes as my feeling as a long time white mage was that the changes made to both spells did not fit into the larger mechanics of how the White Mage job is played based on the hectic pace of most battles.

That said, I want to also thank the FFXI team for considering these changes and then reverting them when it became clear they did not work as intended. This is a great reflection on the development staff. The intent behind these changes was a good one and there remains some good ideas behind how Esuna may function and I hope that this experience does not discourage the team from considering future changes to the White Mage job and other jobs.
    (7)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hey, as long as you come back as a white mage and remove our "frustrated" effects we will be okay. I also enjoy reading the feedback that's been given here.

Thank you for listening to all your adventurers! I am gonna back to beautiful Vana'diel and lurking this forum while I am waiting for some RDM adjustments.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thank you for listening to feedback and the willingness to adjust WHM twice. I do think the concepts of alleviating the gap between Yagrush and non-Yagrush WHM and a way to remove amnesia are good ideas. I just think changing well used strategies to do so wasn't the right way.

Useful additions in my opinion:
    • Bringing back amnesia removal.
    • Barlightra and Bardarkra.
    • Auspice not overwriting Enspells.

Afflatus Misery seems to be about offensive WHM.
    • Change requirement to damage dealt instead of damage taken.
    • Reworking Banish/Holy spells to do decent damage/cast/recast.
    • Banish recovers a percent of HP equal to damage dealt around the target.
    • Holy removes a random status ailment around the target.
    I'd say remove Cura if it means space for more useful spells. Can apply mp cost/casting bonuses to Curaga.
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

Your pragmatism is greatly appreciated! ...However, I think the Beastmaster forums would like to have a word with you.
    (1)

Thank you for taking our feedback into account! It's good to know it did not go unnoticed. I would hope that reverting these changes will also include Asclepius Su5 Club to its original effect right? Current effect is lackluster after May 2019 update.
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9