Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nakrul
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

THANK YOU! & suggestion!

YES!!, thank you. this is really amazing to see the game increasing even now. I would like to offer some suggestions!
    On our combat skills, when I equip a weapon, like say a dagger with +246 dagger skill and +246 parry. My skill list indicates my parry increasing, yet my dagger skill remains the same. I'm sure it does increase, though is this a glitch or just missing update for weapons? I would like to know for certain that I am getting my skill increases.

Update monk: One thing I noticed is that nearly every class has some access to an off hand weapon. Either Dual wield, or a strap. That increases amount of attacks or benefits 2-handed weapons. Sure monk is a 2 hand held weapon. Though they don't get any addition benefits as they cannot use straps or anything else in offhand slot. I ask if Enabling straps for use for monks in off hand could be possible or a special item that can be added for that slot.
    Also many people prefer other DD's over monk due to various reasons. I would like to see monk abilities get other adjustments that can hinder foes in ways that could be beneficial. Either similar to merited Chi Blast. Though more along the lines of Preventing enemy abilities(Amnesia?), stop spell casting for a time(silence) or even crippling defense(similar to def down by %? through a skill perhaps similar to counterstance, get great opportunity at a severe cost)
    Maybe even allow sub SCH to make an AoE of Mantra, Focus, Ect. Something That could make Monk beneficial to the party then just another plain DD. Heck if it required an item to do any of this or boost party in some way besides just health.
    Of course its starting to sound more like a Support job though Pure DD would need some adjustments to WS's in some way or synergy with a sub job that works best for certain mobs? (Such as higher intimation rates or resistance to enfeebling spells. vs that mob)

MERGE ALL SERVERS Down to 5(?)

More Augments for More Items not just REMA or High tier gear. Give options for lower items to be augmented with any relevant ability that may prove useful (EXP: Rajas ring[old not to valuable anymore] can be augmented with method similar to Monisette with relics, or any other NPC that deals with similar items) something that though its decent but could be better, if that's all we got why not augment with something to make it more viable until we can (if we can) get something truly better. I wouldn't mind being able to do this with my SnowTip stones or Through orboro with plutons , ect.
    different augment for REMA. as many items that are somewhat easier to obtain or nearly similar damage output are available. Why not add other options such as Hp drain, Tp drain, Paralysis, "killer" effects, or some other status ailment with a 1% (?) proc rate available to be augmented to ONLY REMA and changeable at double the cost of original augment.

Perhaps give Trust Additional Abilities Based on their Level Above 119 (with completion of quest that allows for this). EXP: party of 4 PC's and 2 trust, each trust should be lvl 123 , one being a DD(tenzen?) other Healer(kupipi?) both have greater access to abilities, spells, weaponskills, their respective Job would.

release full synergy info for trust. it would change whom many would use for the better understanding of how they can be used in fights.

HD DLC! its common now, if its a separate Install file or Disc that does nothing more then improves graphics fidelity, screen response(refresh) rate. or a complete over haul of many key maps/dungeons/areas. Then totally worth price for DLC.

Just keep up great work, thank you. Excellent game, beat all the other main title entries. I want to beat this one.
    (0)

Character
    Aragan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    thnxxxxxxxxx
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    MERGE ALL SERVERS Down to 5(?)
    I'm against server merges. I'm actually quite happy with the state of my server, where I rarely have to wait more than a few seconds to get into ambuscade, and there's still enough people around to get help for stuff. Most people are at endgame, so the likelyhood of common interest in an activity is high, particularly if it's relevant to an active campaign. I don't want to be folded into some other community I don't know anyone in. I can still recognize the names of tons of people on Shiva, even those I've never directly interacted with, both Japanese and English. Some people like the quieter servers, which offer the perks of always being able to find camp spots and less RMT presence.

All I think they should do is lower the cost and eliminate gil restrictions of server transfers, but lock down asura, since from what I hear, there is a wait for many contents on that server (which is bigger than shiva ever was even in the heyday).
    (4)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    Thank you for starting this video digest series, it is most welcome.

If possible can you update us on the issue of lag in Dynamis D since the introduction of the equipment rank point counters? This is the only part of the game where lag is seriously detrimental to playability on a regular basis, and seems to be server side lag.

It is possible this lag is only felt by the NA / European players to this large extent given that the network round trip is so much further from Japan. It is such an issue that players are having to adapt their play style around the delays (avoiding gear changes, not running too far without waiting for statues to load in front of them etc). I worry that the fact this issue has gone on for so long without corrective action is because either you are not aware of it, or are unwilling to fix it.

Please look into this as Dyna D is still the main event to keep us in the game currently, and I'm sure many are fed up with how it kills the enjoyment.
    While I understand the frustration; and considering this is the first video of a new series--so we have yet to determine it's core information as its "new" to us... can we at least start out without a "Thank you for this starting...video digest series..." BUT... begins gripe.

Perhaps the gripe is valid; my point is "save it" for a future post... kinda kills the "thank you".

Cheers
    (0)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Square Enix Thank YOU for continuing to develop support and service FFXI! FFXI players enjoy so much about FFXI and we're active in FFXI because we truthfully believe FFXI has fantastically constructed design at it's core in terms of a MMORPG.

::: Let me address the modern changes as far as my personal perception of them.

Mnk > Dreary - Solution > Remove current job trait for subtle blow. Add new job trait potentially named "Battle Force" creates tiers of I to XI same as old job trait subtle blow and will continue to provide the subtle blow effect as it currently is and in addition will increase auto attack damage and weapon skill damage without any weaponry type penalty as follows. Tier I - auto attack dmg +7%, WS dmg +5%, Tier II auto attack dmg +8%, WS dmg +7%, Tier III auto attack dmg +9%, WS dmg +9%, Tier IV auto attack dmg +10%, WS dmg +10%, Tier V auto attack dmg +11% WS dmg +10%, Tier VI auto attack dmg +12%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VII auto attack dmg +13%, WS dmg +11%, Tier VIII auto attack dmg +14%, WS dmg +12%, Tier IX auto attack dmg +15%, WS dmg +12%, Tier X auto attack dmg +16% WS dmg +13%, Tier XI auto attack dmg +17% WS dmg +13%. Itemization; on the MNK relic body add new effect that reduces the recast timer of Formless Strikes ability by 5 mins (300 seconds)

Whm > Well done! One objection being the natural recast timer on Esuna preferably set somewhere between 15 and 25 seconds due to the loss of the area of effect utility.

Rdm > Well done! Dia+Bio adjustment recommendation > decouple these and allow both spells to be active simultaneously on enemy without limitations.

Rng > Dreary - Solution > Dead Aim retains all it's existing values + Add archery skill increase corresponding to Dead Aim job trait as follows; Tier I +15 archery skill, Tier II +20 archery skill, Teir III +25 archery skill, Teir IV +30 archery skill, Teir V +35 archery skill, Teir VI +40 archery skill. Itemization; create new 1-hand axe ambuscade + SU4/SU5 class weapons that give +8% rapid shot, -6 enmity, HP+65 Accuracy+50 Ranged Accuracy+50 Magic Accuracy+50 Magic Damage+217 Axe skill +269 Parrying skill +269 Magic Accuracy skill +255 Detonator: +50% damage, velocity shot: +30 Ranged Attack.
    REMOVE +haste values from all RNG job specific equipment and reforged versions {Artifact, Relic, Empyrean} judiciously REPLACE with +values for +double shot +triple shot +rapid shot +snap shot.

Drg > Well Done! Potential improvement > lower recast use times on High Jump, Super Jump, Spirit Jump, Soul Jump. High Jump moved to level 30, Super Jump moved to level 35, Soul Jump moved to level 50.

Pup > Well Done! Career puppetmaster players would need to give further input, my knowledge of the job is not sufficient.

Dnc > Well Done! Potential improvement > Healing Waltz moved to level 5, Curing Waltz moved to level 10, Curing Waltz II moved to lvl 20, Curing Waltz III moved to level 35, Curing Waltz IV moved to level 45, Curing Waltz V moved to level 70, Add Curing Waltz VI at level 87... Or just over-haul the entire job to mirror the FFXIV DNC with A+ Throwing skill, DNC job specific equipment itemization to enhance / +values to +store TP +conserve TP +Ranged accuracy +Snap shot +Rapid shot. If FFXIV DNC concept is implemented, DNC job added to user list of all throwing type weapons in game.

Going forward!
    Potential improvements to unadjusted jobs!

Pld > Reduce reuse timers of Sentinel to 180 seconds, Rempart to 120 seconds, Palisade to 120 seconds. Create new divine magic Area of Effect spells: Banishra recast 30 seconds, Banishra II recast 30 seconds, Banishra III recast 45 seconds, Holyra recast 45 seconds, Holyra II recast 60 seconds, Flashra recast 45 seconds, Reposera base duration 15 seconds recast 60 seconds all of which would have +additional enmity properties to them. Reduce reuse timer of Shield Bash to base 60 seconds. Reduce recast timer of Flash to base 30 seconds. Reduce recast timer of Reprisal to base 120 seconds + increase duration to base 90 seconds. Create new spell Crusade II: Duration 900 seconds, Cost 50 MP, Recast 30 seconds.

Sam > Reduce reuse timer of Sekkanoki to 120 seconds.

Brd > Songs created to grant +magic accuracy values and +magic attack values

Thf > Reduce reuse timer of Conspirator to 120 seconds. Reduce reuse timer of Bully to 60 seconds. Reduce reuse timer of Steal to 90 seconds. Reduce reuse timer of Despoil to 90 seconds.

SMN > Overhaul select avatar's favor function as follows; Fenrir's Favor, reduces magic accuracy of enemies within area; Leviathan's Favor, reduces magic evasion and MND of enemies within area; Ramuh's Favor, reduces critical hit rate evasion of enemies within area; Titan's Favor, reduces STR of enemies within area; Garuda's Favor, reduces DEX of enemies within area; Shiva's Favor, reduces magic defense bonus and INT of enemies within area; Cait Sith's Favor, reduces magic attack bonus and inflicts addle upon enemies within area.

Magic Burst mechanism > Successive magic bursting penalty needs to be a significant compromise between when no penalty was imposed and what is currently imposed now. The current penalty for successive magic bursts is far too oppressive. Something in the ballpark of around 33-40% of what the current penalty is for successive magic bursts would be MUCH more diplomatic to all jobs that have access to elemental magic, dark magic, divine magic and elemental magic blood pacts.

BLM > Potential improvements: Reduce reuse timer of Elemental Seal to 90 seconds. Reduce reuse timer of Cascade to 30 seconds. Reduce reuse timer of Enmity Douse to 180 seconds. Level 5 New job ability: Toggled on/off or recast 5 seconds with duration 2 hours ~ Ethereal Kinetic (Telekinesis): Allows for auto attack damage based on weapon equipped from 21' (21 yalm) range while in engaged stance where magic accuracy value is substituted for ordinary physical accuracy for current melee accuracy formula. INT switches and replaces DEX for accuracy and +critical hit rate formula while active. Increases weapon type delay by 33%. Builds TP with same formula as current physical auto attacks.

NIN > Higher Tier Ninjutsu enfeebling and damage spells or adjustments to add strong +values of magic accuracy and magic attack bonus to the existing Stealth job trait. Create job trait tier Stealth III. Overhaul Subtle Blow job trait as outlined above in potential job trait improvement for MNK (the "Battle Force" concept).

WAR > Reduce reuse timers for job abilities of berserk defender aggressor to 45 seconds each. Reduce reuse timer of warcry to 90 seconds. Add +Store TP value to effect of warcry (suggested range +12-16). Reduce reuse timer of provoke to 20 seconds. No limitations on maximum amount of +Fencer value gained from equipment bonuses. Itemization: Allow WAR to equip Aegis, Ochain, Srivatsa, Priwen, and Genmei Shield (well at least some if not all of these).

Thank You SO Much for your attention and consideration of these development and content design suggestions.
    (0)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 06-30-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Character
    Dsherman
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    In the previous versions of FFXIConfig, there was one panel that had three resolution settings on it. I usually set the two on the left side of that panel to a value of 1920x1080. The one on the right side was a Font resolution setting which I would set to a value of 1280x720. This mostly affects the font in the chat log. It defaults to 0x0 and when it has that setting, it uses one of the two setting to the left instead. But having the Font resolution set to 1920x1080 makes the font in the chat log very small. I like it a bit bigger which is why I set the Font resolution to 1280x720.

In the new layout of FFXIConfig introduced in this update, I have found those two settings to the left on the old panel (they are not on the same panel any more). However, I am unable to find the Font resolution setting. It is not there. You have left it out. There is no way to change that setting any more, although it does still exist in the registry (and is still set to 1280x720 on my systems).
    (0)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I chose -ra spell class for the suggested pld aoe divine spells because it would be a 10' {10 yalm} area from the casting character same as the geomancer specific -ra spell class elemental magics.
    (0)

Player
    A few things I would suggest:

Unlock comments on the videos, there is really no reason to have comments locked.

To community teams, please consider posting more often on the official ffxi reddit sub.

Consider a 2nd chance for subscribers that have been permanently banned from the official forums to be allowed to post again.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Consider a 2nd chance for subscribers that have been permanently banned from the official forums to be allowed to post again.
    As far as I'm aware, to get to this point you have to have a series of "strikes" beforehand, so they have been warned enough. If they have been permanently banned in the first place, it's not the kind of people we want back.
    (2)

Thank you for all the comments so far!

All your feedback is valuable to us during our development process and we’d like to use this as a place where we can talk with our Western players and grow together. We’ll start responding to some of the feedback we have received this week and next, so we ask for your patience just a bit!
    (6)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast