Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Suavi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Protectra V and Shellra V.

Thank you for the changes to Protectra V and Shellra V. It is really good, and the new merit categories Animus Solace and Animus Misery are very good.

However, it seems that there is a bug with the new Protectra V spell. It only adds 205 to defense. Previously, if casted with 5/5 merits, and with Piety armor, it was 220 defense. Maybe an oversight?
    (5)

Character
    Cargon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

The main reason I don't play as much as before...

The main reason that I do not play as much as before, is that it is extremely difficult to find other to for a party or alliance with to fight anything that gives higher end drops. I loved when Trust were introduced, but you can't fight anything high end with them...they are just too weak. I love the content, the story, and everything about the game, but somehow, you need to make it so that single players can fight the highest level mobs and win. Please consider this for future updates. This is the main reason that most of my frinds left the game, and I hope that it improves in order to bring some of them back, and retain the good players that are still on. Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Suavi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Emporox's Gift.

This is a very nice bonus, thank you.

I have a suggestion: I do not like a lot the icon of the status effect. It is the "MP Refresh" icon - I understand that it is because it allows you to store Merit Points, but it's confusing.

Considering that this new status effect is very similar to Signet (the way it works, and the way it is obtained), maybe it would be better to have an icon similar to Signet and Sanction? Maybe with a different color.
    (6)

Character
    Oniel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Very nice. It makes the whole version updates seem more sincere. Looking forward to more of these.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why is hardware mouse cursor a legacy setting?

Until you allow the game to be run at 60fps, this setting is needed because the software mouse cursor is impacted by the frame rate while the hardware cursor is not.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinners View Post
    Thank you!
    Excited to see what the new installer will be like!
    Well, presumably it will mean (at least) that everything will be installed at once instead of installing each expansion seperately; and hopefully it includes more up to date game files to reduce the amount of time spent updating the game before first play.
    (0)

Character
    Dekusutaa
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by esmrambo View Post
    Extra effort? It was text only!

Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    1) Go find a video on YouTube where people talk English to the screen for six minutes solid.
    2) Transcribe it.
    3) Key it to display the sentence-by-sentence overlay at the correct times.
    4) Tell me how it was no effort and bear in mind you didn't have to translate it from Japanese.

I appreciate the video, if only that it recognises that the players outside of Japan aren't insignificant and that it reinforces that the game isn't going offline any time soon. Here's to new content in the future and some news about FFXI Mobile!

Previously, we get a summary of their bi-monthly Freshly picked vana'diel VOD stream. Usually weeks later, so it's a bit like the Chinese whisper game where you hear something is coming from a friend of a friend online and you confirm it via the Freshly picked translation a few weeks later. Used to be we don't even get a summary and it was being done by fans on forums and it's always inconsistent.

This is AFAIK, their first attempt at doing a monthly overseas facing video where they share information directly to us. Yes, it needs to be translated, but it's way better than before. They need to be commended for it.
    (7)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Thank you for the effort, I really appreciate it.

I also follow the Japanese FFXI Twitter account as well as the YouTube channel, so I'm aware of the longer Mogivana videos which usually precede the updates - the abbreviated Freshly-Picked translations are appreciated, but there's charm in seeing something new the international players can enjoy directly.

If anything, it would be nice to see more footage and slides/screenshot like in the Mogivana videos, to help illustrate the updates, but in the meantime I'm sure we can all still enjoy the sight of Matsui's colorful shirts.
    (1)

Character
    Loona
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I also really appreciate the update for the config program and the announcement of a new installer as well.

I've been really concern about the software infrastructure supporting FFXI, especially PlayOnly and its update system, so I hope these other updates help to do something about that in the future.

I wonder if this is now possible due to maybe FFXI doing well at retaining its players compared to SE's other online games...

If other infrastructure updates follow, like for example, more auction house slots, that would be great too, especially for the smaller servers.
    (0)

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Review & Reply to Devs

Hello,

While like most I want to thank you for taking the time to make the digest. I'd like to cover some areas of concern the past 10+ years.

Graphics:

Lets face it, your competition has left FFXI in the dust. We are in need of a graphical update as soon as possible. HD would be a great start. A reboot of the game would be an even better step so long as the style an format we play in is kept as it is NOW.

You don't have the playstation as an excuse not to do something here, anymore.

Installer:

While I suggested improvements to the update & install processes years ago, your only now catching up. I hope this means we won't have to wait 10+ hours to "check files", "download files", "install files" from a clean install anymore. I'm looking forward to reviewing this.

Whitemage:

So you've made changes to this over the years, I will admit I am not current with whitemage as most others anymore. However.. I think the fact we are playing mostly with trust NPC's now means that 1 hour timer should be reduced to 15min. We need a spell that can deal with the matter of erase properly, one that can deal with removing weakness (even if that means having a 10min cool down). I will have to look into the updates you've made to comment further on this topic.

Pricing/Item Storage:

We have been paying a minimum of $13 a month or more depending on options for the life of this game without so much as a discount. I don't see why we don't have more perks for storage of anything item wise. I shouldn't have all my storage measures divided between multiple npc's and multiple tabs for wardrobes. We are strictly on PC now so whats holding this back?

Trust NPC:

I agree with another user here, not strong enough or not allowed into all areas. The english playerbase is suffering a shortage of human players. Either update the graphics an relaunch our game to bring in new people or do something to help us with being able to fight ALL the fights available in all areas of this game.

Items:

It seems like the moogle tied to the last story line being able to sell alot of nice things was a good idea but you stopped short of making this even better. You can expand upon this, there are far more items that can be sold food wise, potion wise, maybe even ingredient wise. Alot of room for improvement here.

Dynamis currency/other stuff to upgrade gear:

I don't feel like without spending 6 months of nonstop effort I can reach even one mythic or relic weapon, an besides its like 'do they even matter anymore?' in light of the Su5 equipment an other new stuff.. so whys all this still really hard? Don't we get a break at some point for being here this long? I've been playing since the games launch and still don't own one relic weapon let alone any other greater weapon of its nature.

Capacity Points:

At best i've seen like 300 points for a kill? and I need like what.. 60,000? 90,000? for a single point? an yet to reach the Su5 tier I need like 1,500? of these capacity points?? as if things weren't hard enough with dynamis relics an mythics.. you went an added this nightmare to achieve /sigh again when do the long time loyal players get a break? we've been cheated out of so much enroute to this point in time.. don't act like you players reading this post never were part of a Linkshell that didn't rob you or help you rob someone else of stuff in a quest to be a jerk to the rest of us. You know who you are. An you developers never stepped in to help alieviate this issue. Now we have to endure another ogoge? (300 movie reference) c'mon -.- an lets say there is a faster way to get these points.. theres no one sharing this information, an completing the last storyline to improve points isn't what i'm talking about.

Offensive names:

I can't tell you how many offensive names I've reported to GM's over the years only to see the same player running around town still. What do I have to do to put a stop to such things? Because I can't swear ingame but they can keep their sexual user/character names? give me a break!

Game Launcher:

Can we get an update to this that skips all the nonsense an goes straight to the game character selection screen? PLEASE?!?! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL GAMING!

Server Migration:

Could we please migrate the servers?? so more human players are on at one time.

Lastly:

I don't know anything about ambuscade to comment on it right now.
    I might if there were more people to play it with.. maybe that server migration would help with this.. hint hint.

I will update this accordingly if I need to, but don't expect me to reply to trolls or the like. If you don't like my post oh well, this is my feedback, write your own?
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast