Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thank you!
    Excited to see what the new installer will be like!
    (4)

Character
    Genzz
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    More communication around FFXI is always welcome.

But it's just 2 ppl talking. It's been a trend for the last years that "video > all" so everyone make video for anything and everything, but it's just a waste. At least put some footage of the game.
    (2)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Going to make a few replies, as it's been specifically requested that we split up our feedback.

Merit spells

I definitely approve of replacing merit spells with other options, and I really hope that you do this for other jobs (RDM BLM SMN). The Animus Solace merit in particular is nice, and I will be fully meritting that immediately.
    (4)

Character
    Feanorsof
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Appreciate the efforts to increase communications with the western player base, I feel it helps us feel more connected with the development team. I look forward to future videos!
    (3)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Afflatus Solace / Afflatus Misery

In intense fights I do not have time to swap between stances, so anything that encourages this kind of playstyle is of limited use to me. The entire point of Sacrifice and Esuna is saving time and immediate removal; if I have such limited time that they are necessary, swapping stances to Afflatus Misery is not always an option.

I do not want stance swapping to become an integral part of White Mage. It is clumsy and awkward, and I often do not have time. I do not want to play SCH.
    (2)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Esuna

These changes are bad.

Esuna is now less useful. The original spell had rather niche uses, but in those specific uses was quite potent. Now it is just a duplicate of Sacrifice, a spell we already have. You have also removed the ability for WHMs without the Yagrush mythic weapon to reliably remove area of effect status ailments. Please revert this change as soon as possible.

For context, I say this as a WHM who has a Yagrush. All WHMs (particularly those without Yagrush) need better options for removing AoE status ailments. The existence of /SCH does not mitigate this requirement; we should not be locked to a single subjob for such basic operations.

Adding amnesia removal to Esuna in addition to the other changes is a poor choice. Esuna is trying to do too much at once, and simultaneously failing to deliver on anything.

If you wish to improve Esuna, perhaps consider the following, which has a similar theme but is actually useful:
    • Revert Esuna to its original form, along with the enhancements on the Cleric's Wand, Piety Wand, and Asclepius.

• Allow Esuna to also be cast on a targetted party member. When cast in this manner only, it can remove a single status ailment from all party members in area of effect, prioritising ailments that match the casting WHM's bar-element and bar-status spells. Perhaps when cast in this manner the spell could incur an additional cost, if this is necessary for balance reasons, but it should be available in either Afflatus stance.

• Have Afflatus Misery now "remember" the two most recent status ailments that the WHM fully resisted and allow Esuna to remove them, once, if there are no other effects on the casting WHM. We should not have to deliberately eschew barspells and magic evasion equipment to use Esuna effectively; it encourages bad practice and is goes against everything we learn as White Mages.

• Have this "New" Esuna be renamed Panacea and replace the White Mage job point spell Full Cure, which in its current state is not used due to the obscene MP cost. Panacea would remove ailments independently of the Afflatus stances and refund 10MP for each ailment removed, to a maximum of 100MP refunded.

• Add Amnesna, with a more modest but still significant MP cost and recast time.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 05-11-2019 at 04:40 AM.

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Sacrifice

Blocking absorbed effects is welcome. However, tying it to stances is bad, as detailed previously.

If you wish to improve Sacrifice, perhaps have Sacrifice never absorb (but still remove) status ailments that match the bar-status effect, and the elemental affinity of the bar-element effect, on the casting White Mage. This gives us control over what we block. Example: Barstone and barparalyze would block both slow and paralysis, but still remove them from the target.

I'm quite disappointed with these changes to Esuna/Sacrifice. I feel like something has been taken away, not given. The ability to remove Amnesia (at excessive cost, infrequently, and with stance restrictions) does not make me feel significantly better.
    (2)

Character
    Makonnen
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Thank you!!

Thank you so much for taking your time to listen in on the other side of things!! I think the community overall has been very thrilled hearing about your team's commitment to continue to see FFXI thrive on for years. Creating short simple content, hearing your intentions, and creating a video really helps tie together our hope for a FFXI that not only lives on, but is molded to the player's around it.

With that said, I do feel we have a bit of work to continue to see the NA player-base grow, as it's contribution and commitment to long-term video game's in general is varied. I do see the player-base growing around me on a smaller server which is great!! I do often feel that they run themselves into a corner seeking a group and a bite of the amazing new content out, often they end up leaving quickly or leaving for another server. On the other hand I love when brand NEW players start playing, its astonishing that after so many year's people are seeking something entirely different then what is out there, and FFXI is clearly a standout game title!!
    (2)

Character
    Porthos
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I only see a black rectangle
    no "run" arrows
    just a black rectangle
    (0)

Character
    Suavi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Esuna changes.

Hello Producer Matsui and Director Fujito. Thank you for taking the time to make this video, it is very appreciated.

I like the changes to Esuna. The previous version was clumsy and not very useful, except for a very few selected fights. Now we get a version that works more similar to the old FF concept of the spell, and it can remove Amnesia too! Amnesia went from completely unremovable, to removable, even if with some difficulty and some slowness. Thank you for this.

I was thinking that it is a shame that Esuna is not affected by WHM Mythic Weapon, Yagrush. Maybe it would be possible to have Yagrush giving only a chance to get Area of Effect Esuna? It would be a nice bonus and I feel like it would not be too overpowered.
    (2)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast