Take all gil delivery box option. <yes, please>
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    His approach is backfiring, and yet he doesnt really seem to care.

You know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Just throwing that out there.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    His approach is backfiring, and yet he doesnt really seem to care.

You know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Just throwing that out there.
    Isola was already given an adequately answered response by forum moderators and staff.
    It clearly states it cannot be done due to programming restrictions.
    I stated that I understand how difficult it would be with the programming alterations, since I am extremely fluent on the intricacies and necessities for changing something as involved in this.
    Isola refuses to care, only thinking about whining with "Oh I don't care what you think, I want them to do it so they HAVE to do it, even if it will break the game mechanics and we won't be able to use the bazaars or Auction House anymore. As long as I get what I want then screw the rest of the game"
    And that ↑ ↑ ↑ is what will happen if they go along with changing it to what Isola wants.
    She/He has one alternative to fix this to his/her point of satisfaction: go learn the programming skills needed to alter this, and create her own game and go play that.
    Now to wait for Isola to deny I know what I am talking about and that they are better than every other person that also pays to play, and continue complaining like a temper-tantrum-throwing baby instead of being so lazy to check their inbox once a day to solve their own problem that SHE created for herself, instead of having other people do impossible things to alleviate problems for something SHE created and only SHE seems to have, not anyone else.
    You think they're going to do take down the game and reprogram all the lines of code for every single item and then for gil quantity "item" (yes each quantity of gil is considered an ITEM until it gets received, but not until then, i.e. why it cannot be done. Think of it as an augmented item for players that cannot be stored, same programming problem) for just one person to be happy? Don't count on it. Let's see how many times it gets bumped because she's too stubborn and stupid to realize this. Then hopefully a moderator deletes it and bans her because of stupidity, stubbornness, and callous whining and wasting of time.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Yes, thank you. I am sorry I didn't mean to say no. I know my English is very simple and broken and I am sorry. Heck, my sign language is 100 times better than my English anyways.

I studied C++ programming language from college years ago however that game engine was made for PS2 in mind. No matter how many pages this thread is creating, what the community rep said still does make sense. Like every time you zone your client always contacts the server for data and that is because of PS2's so tiny memory. The game engine itself hasn't changed a bit after they ended the console service. They are just throwing a plenty of weirdo stuff into the game and awfully having fun with it. Even though, FFXIV's "Take All" button works fine in the modern engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Okieeomi View Post
    Greetings and salutations!

We've checked with the development team and there are few reasons why this is difficult to implement:
    • Under the current system, even if a "Take All" button were added, it would not change the processing speed when receiving all of the items.
    • Additionally, one would not be able to stop the process once the "Take All" is activated until all items have been placed in the player's inventory. This could be very problematic in situations involving large number of items. For example if there were 50+ items, it would take a long time to load and would prevent the player from moving while this is being processed.
    For these reasons, unfortunately the development team is not considering implementing a "Take All" feature for the Delivery Box.
    (2)

Player
    The answer given was incorrect. They assumed I wanted "take all everything"

I want ONLY take all 8 visible, IF all 8 are gil.

They also assumed it was in regard to withdrawal speed, it is not.

So try again.
    (0)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I know. Not only the programming language I studied. I also studied the internet stuff when I was a senior in high school.

Understanding the delivery box (receive) is not the same thing as the delivery box (send). You want a programmer to create a new function that able to take all up to 8 visible items (gil or not so it doesn't matter what) into your game client. Function stops after all up to 8 items become invisible. I am not an admin of their servers so I can't tell.

To the FFXI staff, would you please ask the dev team if it is possible to create a function like I mentioned above? Thank you.

Edit: Function also stops if the inventory is full.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zehira; 01-18-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Isola was already given an adequately answered response by forum moderators and staff.
    It clearly states it cannot be done due to programming restrictions.
    The dev response was less "it can't be done" and more "If we did this, it wouldn't work very well for this reason that Isola doesn't care about."
    His point is that he doesn't care about the processing speed, only about the repeated button presses.

Since I do agree that they fundamentally misnuderstood his suggestion, I suggested to him the smart thing, which is to make a new post with a revised premise so they understand what it is he really cares about. But it seems he'd rather bump an already answered thread than take his own suggestion seriously.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    The answer given was incorrect. They assumed I wanted "take all everything"

I want ONLY take all 8 visible, IF all 8 are gil.

They also assumed it was in regard to withdrawal speed, it is not.

So try again.
    I've suggested numerous ways you can better communicate this to them, but you don't seem as invested in getting your idea as your repeated bumping of an already answered thread would suggest- because you would think you would explore ways to clear up what you feel is an obvious misunderstanding rather than repeatedly bash your head against a wall.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 01-21-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Player
    I'm not that invested, but I do like that it annoys you, so

Bump!

Official response given was inadequate and answered the wrong question.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    I'm not that invested, but I do like that it annoys you, so

Bump!

Official response given was inadequate and answered the wrong question.
    Annoyed? Heck no, I'm actually rather amused to see that you like wasting your own time.

By all means, carry on. I apologize for thinking you actually cared about this issue. >.>
    (0)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast