Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    Regardless of what gil is represented as, the game still knows that gil is gil.

I know that it knows this, because there is specifically a limit on how much GIL you can send to someone, so there is a specific flag for it.
    There is a limit in how much you can send at once. If there is an actual provable limit in the combined total you can send in multiple seperate transactions, then that logically would just be a variable on the sender's end- keeping the same information in multiple places is a waste and I can't see them having implemented any such limit that way.

Really though, if the button presses aggravate you that much, just set up a keyboard macro to run through each of the 8 slots and pressing enter the appropriate number of times. Then you can just press your macro and go get a drink. This isn't a problem most players have to deal with on a constant basis. (emphasis to dodge arguments about how many people have to do it how often)
    (1)

Player
    Bump to say Bump

If the delivery box is loaded with 8x gil can we PLEASE get a take all button. it's just an unnecessary step to click 8 times.

Not concerned about SPEED, but BUTTON PRESSES. Confirming. every. single. time. is. excessive. yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money, yes, I want my money.
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Regardless of what gil is represented as, the game still knows that gil is gil.

I know that it knows this, because there is specifically a limit on how much GIL you can send to someone, so there is a specific flag for it. It can be done, exactly like I want it to.
    Again, I don't want "take all available" I want "take all visible" But if they want to revamp the entire delivery box system so I can take ALL the gil in the entire box, that'd be great too. or if they want to cut the system entirely and put the gil straight in my repository that'd be incredible!
    You've received an answer that a Take-All-Gil button was technically infeasible, and would provide no return for the investment of limited development resoures as you are not most players. You are an outlier for this request.

You even go so far as to disregard facts when I stated the underlying representation of your delivered gil is still an item named "Gil." You don't want to hear reason or logic, but in your petulent, infantile, narcissism, you still expect SE to devote developer resources to this task.

I hope the moderators lock this thread. This is a waste of everyone's time.
    (1)

Player
    It's not going to stop me from bumping this forever, and always. Because I feel like it, and I can.

Their answer was inadequate.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    You've received an answer that a Take-All-Gil button was technically infeasible,
    The response was provided under a mistaken premise: that people want to take everything out of every deliver box slot, including queued items, in a single button press. If they would give a response to the actual request, be it positive or (most likely) negative, I'm sure they would stop bumping the thread.

Edit:spelling
    (1)
    Last edited by Catmato; 11-29-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    The response was provided under a mistaken premise: that people want to take everything out of every deliver box slot, including queued items, in a single button press. If they would give a response to the actual request, be it positive or (most likely) negative, I'm sure they would stop bumping the thread.

Edit:spelling
    I mean, you're splitting hairs here. I don't think the nature of your request substantially changes the work they would have to do to fufill it. Yes, your request was made under the basis of reducing button presses (rather than explicitly to save time), but technically "take all at once" would also save button presses, so they in effect shot down your idea as well even if it isn't exactly the same as what they thought you were saying.

I also personally don't believe that spamming the board with the same request over and over is going to produce a result. I can certainly tell you that if I was a staff member of a game studio (or even a moderator/community manager) I would ignore someone the more they repeatedly posted the same thing. Badgering people is never an effective means of getting what you want.

Just post it once. Weeks or months later if it still doesn't go anywhere, start a new discussion on it, ideally adding new or better information.
    (4)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 11-29-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean, you're splitting hairs here. I don't think the nature of your request substantially changes the work they would have to do to fufill it. Yes, your request was made under the basis of reducing button presses (rather than explicitly to save time), but technically "take all at once" would also save button presses, so they in effect shot down your idea as well even if it isn't exactly the same as what they thought you were saying.

I also personally don't believe that spamming the board with the same request over and over is going to produce a result. I can certainly tell you that if I was a staff member of a game studio (or even a moderator/community manager) I would ignore someone the more they repeatedly posted the same thing. Badgering people is never an effective means of getting what you want.

Just post it once. Weeks or months later if it still doesn't go anywhere, start a new discussion on it, ideally adding new or better information.
    First, I'm not Isola, I didn't make any requests, and I don't agree with how rude and confrontational they can be.

Second, I really don't feel that it's splitting hairs. The work required for the actual request seems to me (though I am admittedly ignorant) like it would be much less work than the idea they denied.

Either way, every reply you make is bumping the thread and increasing the visibility.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    First, I'm not Isola, I didn't make any requests, and I don't agree with how rude and confrontational they can be.

Second, I really don't feel that it's splitting hairs. The work required for the actual request seems to me (though I am admittedly ignorant) like it would be much less work than the idea they denied.

Either way, every reply you make is bumping the thread and increasing the visibility.
    As a hack (i.e. a keyboard macro) no, not difficult. As an actual code change? Nobody knows but SE, but tinkering with the same system, no matter what you're doing, is not likely to be any easier. But only SE knows this. Keep in mind all the other million things we've asked about that seem easy to us but SE said no can do.

And I don't care if talking to you bumps the thread because II (unlike a certain someone) know that it isn't going to magically trigger a new dev response because it won't.
    (0)

Player
    Let's make a bet. If I get their attention, you delete your account. If I don't I'll delete mine.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    How about if you get their attention and (in some form or fashion) tell you to PLEASE SHUT UP AND LEARN GRAPHICAL INTERFACE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE to understand why No means "NO!!!" , then you delete your account.
    If they get your attention and say they will put in on their "thing-to-do" list.... then you STILL delete your account, because we already know you're going to be too impatient to want to wait in line, since waiting 8~10 seconds is already WAAAAY too much for you to wait.
    Here's the best option: delete your account, remove yourself from forums, and stop being a persistent illogical and selfish (programming illiterate) person always wanting more for yourself without thinking about the workload you'd be asking others to do for you for A GAME!
    Innately, I DO understand the programming that goes into this game, I DO know the limitations for the interface technology (of which I think I was nicely eloquent and dumbed-down enough for even you to understand, even if unacceptable for your childish "I want it i want it i want it now!" standards), I DO understand you pay to play the game, and I DO understand you don't want to be logically acceptable of the things that cannot be done and just want to 'bump' in order to be annoying and just plain stubborn.
    If it isn't what you want and you are paying to play, then go play another game that WILL pander to your stubbornness and ignorance and lack of understanding.
    (1)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast