Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

So I just made a simple mistake that cost me 120mil

Please devs PLEASE, add an option to change the Augment Path on the Su5 weapons, accidently confirmed the (A) path for my Rostam and the only way to fix this is "buy a new one". These weapon are incredibly expensive and by simply selecting the wrong path screws us out of a LOT of gil.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Player
    You don't want rostam B anymore anyway. Ambuscade sword all the way. Happy little mistake, saved you 120m.
    (2)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wanted Path C though, for rolls
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Player
    You should be really grateful then. 120m for roll +1 is full blown R word.
    (1)

Player
    This would be why one does not spam the Enter key while making expensive choices in this game. <,<

There are warnings and confirmation prompts that you need to do for these things already.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Player
    At least it wasn't 121 million.
    (2)

Character
    Msgflavored
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Oof. That's 60x more gil than I've ever seen so far.
    (1)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    I've been playing since Launch (on and off) and haven't ever had more than 20M, and i used to be very active with my Cooking which made a nice amount of Gil throughout the years, however now it seems I'm a lowly peasant by today's standards.
    How do people make such large amounts of Gil?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    I've been playing since Launch (on and off) and haven't ever had more than 20M, and i used to be very active with my Cooking which made a nice amount of Gil throughout the years, however now it seems I'm a lowly peasant by today's standards.
    How do people make such large amounts of Gil?
    Multiboxing is the most enjoyable way in my opinion. 3boxing simple content like Delve (w/ approx. 20min per run) will net you a total of ~5mil-6mil/hr depending on zone, for example. DelveII gives ~110k plasm, plus some of the boss drops are still around the 1mil range. 3x runs with 3x characters means a total of ~1mil plasm, enough to buy an extra mat each, plus the 3+ drops that don't have to be split with other players. There's plenty of other content that gets more profitable when running multiple characters thru instead of one in a similar style. Basically anything that rewards all participants has potential to be multiplied by multiboxers. There are low-latency wireless keyboards/mice that can connect/switch between multiple devices with a built-in keypress nowadays, so you don't really even have to deal with the old hassles like Auto Hot Key to wrangle which PC your keyboard is controlling. Takes a bit of adjustment to get used to multiple monitors/laptops, but it can be worth the effort.

There are low-effort ways such as sparks farming (can net 3mil+ per character quite easily during GainExp. Again, something that multiboxing straight up multiplies.)

Crafting can deal w/ very large amounts of gil, though the actual profit margins are not as high as most non-crafters think they are without a completed Escutcheon AND rather good luck, and there are things that even a non-ilvl character can farm+craft for reasonably large chunks of gil. Cooking is unfortunately at the lower end due to the consumable nature of everything it can make, but I'm sure it's still possible to turn a profit with a bit of market research and effort.

Ambuscade can provide a healthy income stream if you are able to handle farming it enough each month to cap out on the sellables (plus pick up some rather nice gear upgrades along the way for free basically. And again.. is straight up multiplied by multiboxing. Notice a pattern?)

Take your pick?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”