Character
    Vanharzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 70

Returning Player in 2019! (Odin)

After being absent from FFXI for four years, I'm ready to get back into the game. Unfortunately, the linkshells I joined long ago are now empty. I used to be a part of FriendsOfAllNations & TheSeventhOfNyx. If there are any linkshells taking in new players, please post their names here. If anyone would like to meet up for leveling or quests, please let me know. Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    welcome back
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.