Thread: Who

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Who

Who thinks this is one of the best jobs, but requires a lot of thinking unlike other jobs to get the most out of it.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Not me sorry. It isn't that difficult to swap between light arts/addendum or Dark arts/addendum or use the merit ability when necessary. Plays just like a BLM with added function of using strats when under dark arts and plays just like a whm or rdm when under light arts. Nothing really too complex.
    (2)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    But being able to to play all 3 in one job, during a battle is something that requires skill. Blm, oh nuke, rdm ok enf/debuff, whm oh u need a cure, ok cure. When you can do all 3 its a skill.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Hiroshiko
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Scholar to me seems like the iconic hybrid. There are so many checks and balances associated with its abilities that you can't be fully functional in every role that it can play. From my experience, I've had to do a lot of forethought for certain events (especially timed BCNMs) because most of the times I've had to use SCH are when my group was short on mages. My SCH macros are overtly complicated but I have had a hard time deciding how to make them more streamline. So if I'm needed to play one role, SCH is fairly simple. However, many people don't know the ins and outs of SCH and expect you to play omnimage, which makes it more complex. SCH can do a lot of things, but not all at once.
    (1)

Sorry that isn't complicated at all. I can understand it must be for you, but its fairly simple :/
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    No one is saying it's complicated there saying it requires more skill/more complexe than other mage jobs to play for example...

Nuking is like BLM but u need to use different stragems depending on area and sitituation also u need balance stragems so that u can sleepaga or gravityaga.

Healing without access of cure V u need to make up but useing stoneskinaga and regenIIIaga not mention to SCH can AoE cure cross partys which helps it maintain the entire ally but hate if a real issue so u need to use enmity - gear at the right time and balaincing stragems is you need na/erase agas.

I could go on but point is SCH is a complex job and imo if ya using it like a BLM u will not be benefiting from the full potential of the job.

@Ungtgt
    I think it's fun job to play and when ya get things right it can really save the day where other jobs can't and i agree with all the gear swaps and macros u need to make the most out of the job it takes alot of thinking.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 03-09-2011 at 11:40 AM.

It's just tapping more JA's. Sometimes it gets annoying, but if you macro a gear swap and skip animations, it's alot better.
    (0)

Character
    Agarak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I think SCH isn´t that difficult. It just requires alot more preperations gear- and macro-wise then any other job. And like Unctgtg said alot more thinking.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It can be complex to play it well. there is a lot of people that play SCH that shouldn't be.

but that can be said about all jobs? but I do think SCH needs to be aware of making more judgment calls and being more aware was going on then what people need to put in other jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    slightly OT but your sig is awesome Unctgtg!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast