Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Player Ruf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    85
    Character
    Rufuso
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

    Can I share a video of me playing?

    Here's my question: Can I legally record myself(the character that I play) playing Final Fantasy 11 and share a YouTube link of it in here onto Final Fantasy 11 forum and that, including the Japanese forum?
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruf; 04-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    OWellowell /signed

  2. #2
    Player Sirmarki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    843
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruf View Post
    Here's my question: Can I legally record myself(the character that I play) playing Final Fantasy 11 and share a YouTube link of it in here onto Final Fantasy 11 forum and that, including the Japanese forum?
    The short answer is yes, providing it meets the terms as set out by SE:

    https://support.na.square-enix.com/r...d=20&tag=authc
    (3)

  3. #3
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,593
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    There's a set of guidelines to follow (see above) but yes, SE does allow streaming and uploading videos.

    SE has a materials usage license that specifically includes and excludes certain things you can and can't use when creating content.
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  4. #4
    Community Rep Sicycre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    85
    Yes! In fact, we would very much like to see players promoting their videos as long as it abides by the Material Usage Guidelines that Sirmarki had kindly linked!
    (5)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team

  5. #5
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    6,593
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicycre View Post
    Yes! In fact, we would very much like to see players promoting their videos as long as it abides by the Material Usage Guidelines that Sirmarki had kindly linked!
    Just as a sanity check, can you confirm that this statement equally applies to live streaming? or only prerecorded video?
    (0)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  6. #6
    Community Rep Sicycre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Just as a sanity check, can you confirm that this statement equally applies to live streaming? or only prerecorded video?
    This definitely applies to live streaming as well as long as it abides by the Material Usage Guidelines.
    (2)
    Aya "Sicycre" Montoya - Community Team