Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

nVidia Graphics Crash to Desktop vs Kam'Lanaut (Hi-tier)

Platform:
    Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    Intel Core2 Duo E6750@2.66GHz
    6.00GB RAM
    nVidia GeForce GTX560Ti
    (Windows and nVidia drivers fully updated)

ISP:
    Virgin Media

Type of Internet Connection:
    Fibre-optic Broadband

Internet Connection Speed:
    30Mbps down, 9Mbps up

Date & Time:
    8th April 2019 10:36am BST (GMT+1)
    10th April 2019 01:07am BST (GMT+1)

Frequency:
    1. Always

Character Name:
    Haldarn

Race:
    ElvaanM

World:
    Shiva

Main Job:
    Red Mage

Support Job:
    Ninja

Area and Coordinates:
    Stellar Fulcrum

Party or Solo:
    Solo (with Trust)

NPC Name:
    None

Monster Name:
    Kam'lanaut / Ethereal Scrivening

Steps:
    • Enter the High-tier Battlefield ★Return to Delkfutt's Tower (Very Easy lv113).
    • Summon Trusts, buff, engage Kam'lanaut in melee.
    • When Kam'lanaut is at low health, he summons the first Ethereal Scrivening, which I destroy.
    • At this point he summons a second Ethereal Scrivening.
    • As I attack this (maybe Kam'lanaut uses a specific move, or is summoning a third?), the game crashes straight to Desktop with an nVidia exception.
    • The second time I attempted this, I had turned shadows off in the Config Menu, but no change.

I don't do HTBFs often, but I ran into a similar problem with the others that I've tried. It took 5 attempts before I could get all the way through the AAGK battle (for the Trust) and 2 attempts at Eald'narche (for the mount). Burning 10x Merits every time is a pain, but I haven't even attempted the battlefields that require items rather than the KIs, as I don't want to lose them.
    I can stay logged in for dozens of hours, idling, questing, farming, travelling, doing Assaults/Skirmishes or any other solo content battlefields without a single crash.
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Maybe corrupted graphics file, or third party software in the background.
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    Maybe corrupted graphics file, or third party software in the background.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll do a fresh vanilla install, try the battle again and update the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Exact thing happened to LS mate; had a 3rd party program running the game "helping out" like a windower with non-vanilla add-ons with same battlefield and did it to him on both VE and E, but he was BST and only called 3 trusts. He re-installed the vanilla version from SE and it worked fine.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just got round to doing this again. Full, fresh install, no third party anything, nothing else running on the PC (it's dedicated FFXI), still have the issue.

This time it crashed just a second after destroying the second Scrivening with Kam on about 20% hp (is it trying and failing to render a specific move that Kam does after summoning the second Scrivening?).

Missed completing this for April's Monthly goals and now looks like I can't beat it for May's either. Annoying as hell that success at HTMB seem to be unavailable to me.

Going to attempt turning everything off graphics and performance-wise in config as a last-ditch attempt, but would hardly be an optimal solution.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    Just got round to doing this again. Full, fresh install, no third party anything, nothing else running on the PC (it's dedicated FFXI), still have the issue.

This time it crashed just a second after destroying the second Scrivening with Kam on about 20% hp (is it trying and failing to render a specific move that Kam does after summoning the second Scrivening?).

Missed completing this for April's Monthly goals and now looks like I can't beat it for May's either. Annoying as hell that success at HTMB seem to be unavailable to me.

Going to attempt turning everything off graphics and performance-wise in config as a last-ditch attempt, but would hardly be an optimal solution.
    Couple of points here.

Firstly it's NOT Stellar Fulcrum for the monthly. The text is an error, it's actually Ifrit.
    Secondly, you mention missing the RoE last time, I'm assuming you are using the steam client?
    If so, I would suggest downloading the client from playonline.com, rather than the steam version, and try that.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Firstly it's NOT Stellar Fulcrum for the monthly. The text is an error, it's actually Ifrit.
    Holy crap, thanks. I must'ha missed the announcement where they corrected that... Annoying, but I just spent the merits. Ugh, that's another 15mins.

Secondly, you mention missing the RoE last time, I'm assuming you are using the steam client?
    I am not, nor have not ever used Steam, no. I missed the Kam HTBF because it kept crashing and I didn't have enough spare time to farm merits and try again again, nor do a full reinstall before month end.
    (0)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Managed to clear the battlefield with all effects turns off, windowed mode and 800x600 resolution. Slowly going to ramp everything up and see what it is that causes the fatal damage.

Pretty sure it's going to be the effects at this point.
    (0)