Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Bosatsu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Any chance of removing crafting caps?

Crafting seems somewhat redundant in light of major development ending. This obviously wouldn't be something that would reinvigorate the game in the long run, but I feel it might stimulate the economy enough to tie a few of us over. Thoughts?
    (5)

I've been asking for this for a very long time, but now more than ever it needs to happen. The restriction made sense 6 years ago, but it should've been removed a couple of years ago already.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Aelissa
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would like this to happen myself, I'm hoping SE with november being last update realises that removing the caps would be a smart thing to do. They already made crafting easyer now but with less and less players around in the future it would be nice to supply yourself abit easyer... .
    (0)

Watch it be a Rhapsody KI in November that allows you to level everything to 110.
    (4)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    Watch it be a Rhapsody KI in November that allows you to level everything to 110.
    I was thinking the same thing, it's be VERY nice
    (2)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

problem isn't really the caps though, it's that there are only a very few items still in demand and most crafts can simply be avoided because of that.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    problem isn't really the caps though, it's that there are only a very few items still in demand and most crafts can simply be avoided because of that.
    The crafting system is horrible as it is. You can craft hundreds of items with the Ionis and Crafter's Food, and STILL only get a handful of skill ups. But then it's also the availability of items as a whole for crafters. I'm a Cook, and the one item i need the most Wild Onions, no NPC sells them unless they're sold to them first. It just feels like this game's crafting system has always been stacked against the players in general.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    But then it's also the availability of items as a whole for crafters. I'm a Cook, and the one item i need the most Wild Onions, no NPC sells them unless they're sold to them first.
    Back in the day, people might party and sell items on the AH because they had nothing better to sell for various reasons. Alternatively, new players might sell items they get because they need gil. These days you have a mix of limited AH spaces, a lack of new players filling the low end, and a lack of crafters willing to buy items for respectable amounts.

My question would be, how much would you be willing to buy onions for?
    (0)

The only thing (THE ONLY) from XIV that XI should have taken is the crafting system. It is entertaining to craft and you can level up all the crafts to max level on the same character. I have to admit it's probably the best crafting system around.

But since I doubt a rework of such magnitude will happen I'll settle for being able to level up all the crafts on my character. Not to make gil, as the market is dead now, but rather to be able to get many items that are no longer crafted by other players.

I'd be ok with it being a RoV key item, but I'd prefer if the change was done earlier than that.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    lack of crafters willing to buy items for respectable amounts.

My question would be, how much would you be willing to buy onions for?
    It's not that I can't farm them myself, but it's still silly for a common item, used in 39+ recipes, ranging from 16 -110 isn't sold by SOMEONE, even if it has to be the Goblins in Jeuno. And respectable prices go both ways. I've seen people put things on the AH and the last 12 listing are for X amount... Nope I'm the last one selling this now so it's now Y amount which is 25%+ more than that now. So, to answer your question and be honest, the current listing for 8k for 12 Onions is kind of dumb, but even the prices from the NPCs that sell them once they're bought is stupid. ~1700ish at it's lowest. The price ranges for most things have always been completely out of proportions
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast