Character
    Charitwo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

What can be done to "fix" the crazy, long Ambuscade queue?

Right before and after the update is the worst, however as popular as this event is no matter what time of month it is, the lines are excruciatingly long.

There has to be a better way to handle queuing because people shouldn't have to wait through several dozen pages, often moving at slug speeds, just to do a single run.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I agree. I don't think it's at all viable to have to wait 20~30 minutes just to enter a battle. Especially with the focus on new weapons that people are also doing Ambuscade for..

Players with limited amounts of time to play FFXI in the day, don't really stand much of a chance.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The Ambuscade Gallantry Campaign is coming, maybe this will help by stopping the soloers, so more people will team up.

The number of badges of gallantry earned from normal and intense Ambuscades will be doubled once per day.
    * This bonus will reset at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) Earth time and stacks with the effects of Abdhaljs seals.
    (0)

Character
    Kuvo
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    They should add another location in Selbina or in another outland area to compensate for that issue. Honestly I have never run into an issue but i'm on Bismarck where it's dead in population compared to Asura but even still SE should add additional locations that run off different battlefields.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    maybe this will help by stopping the soloers, so more people will team up..
    Some people just like to solo, it's the way they like to play, and I don't think anything will "stop" them, unless some kind of entry penalty existed as in like Delve or DynamisD .
    (1)

Character
    Kukiki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    There is already a penalty, they don't earn gallantry, and it still happens. Im in a small server so not an issue for me, but when I was in asura people were merc'ing ambuscade so I'm not surprised there are soloers.
    (0)

Character
    Stoobey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    People pay their money they can play however they like, whether it is deemed efficient or not. If SE have deemed Ambuscade an event that can be done solo or as a group, they should ensure they have enough instances to accommodate this.

Omen is over 2 years old now, a lot of people are done with it (easier to get bodies from trove), Dynamis will head the same way, Ambuscade is at least regularly updated, especially with the new weapons, is it impossible to add more instances?
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkValefor View Post
    when I was in asura people were merc'ing ambuscade so I'm not surprised there are soloers.
    The only thing that isn't being merc'ed on Asura (yet) is vana'diel fresh air.
    (0)