Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

'Open treasure caskets' records of eminence

Please change this to 3 from 10. 10 is an extremely high number to attain for several factors. First, when compared to similar time sensitive events, like 'gain xp', or 'kill type mobs (x20)', the shear time it takes to complete is several times greater than the others and creates an unbalance. In addition to this, almost all gear from caskets has become vastly obsoleted over the years with the introduction of the ilevel system. At the 99 cap, several years ago, increased mob levels were introduced in the old zones, along with several new items that could be farmed from coffers. This increased the use of the older zones and gave purpose to opening coffers while gaining xp off the new mobs that were added. That was years ago and hasn't aged well. While I would love to see a boost in mob levels again for older zones, and new drops added to coffers, I feel the easier solution would be to change the record of eminence open casket requirement to 3, and including the seekers version of soul pyrie to the mix would possibly help as well. Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You DO realize this is a LOT easier than you're making it, right?
    And even then, taking 30 seconds to open a casket by figuring out a little logic is not too difficult.
    So this is maximum 5 minutes a week of your playtime.
    So sadly, don't count on them changing it any lower.
    As usual; it isn't broken and working as intended, so it will not get fixed/changed, per the norm for SE.
    (0)

Player
    Blue boxes (which have no mini-game to open) also count.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please read my post again,

"when compared to similar time sensitive events, like 'gain xp', or 'kill type mobs (x20)', the shear time it takes to complete is several times greater than the others and creates an unbalance. "

My suggestion was from 10 coffers to 3. Anyone saying opening coffers doesn't slow down game play is full of it. And yes, I am capable of opening coffers it's not that hard and fun even but as stated, ten is too many.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    P.S. 5 minutes? That is so not an honest statement, please, disagree with me, but keep the response in the realm of reality.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    P.S. 5 minutes? That is so not an honest statement, please, disagree with me, but keep the response in the realm of reality.
    Ok, it takes ~30-40 seconds to "figure out" even the 6 hint chests. Takes ~1 second to open the blue ones, and they drop a lot more often.
    So open up 8 blue ones (under 10 seconds), and open 2 brown ones (1m30s MAX).
    Oh i am sorry, i meant to say it takes up about 2 minutes of your time.... not 5. Thanks for correcting me.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Ok, it takes ~30-40 seconds to "figure out" even the 6 hint chests. Takes ~1 second to open the blue ones, and they drop a lot more often.
    So open up 8 blue ones (under 10 seconds), and open 2 brown ones (1m30s MAX).
    Oh i am sorry, i meant to say it takes up about 2 minutes of your time.... not 5. Thanks for correcting me.
    Can you please upload a video of you completing this RoE in 2 minutes? Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    i play on vanilla PoL with Windows Vista, which works nicely & safely for me since no 3rd party windower programs will work with Vista,
    so I cannot bot or lua or gearswap or cheat in any way like 95% others do, (but SE still does nothing about that, but that's another thread)
    I don't have any video capturing program nor a phone or camera or tablet that can do that.
    If i catch you online and during that time, we'll go do that then.
    Plus, i didn't say i DO it all (fighting, killing, hoping for chest drop, opening - ten times) in 2 minutes;
    I specifically say it takes under 2 minutes of your time to complete it; with that time split up into 1~2 second intervals over individual openings.
    She originally complained how long it took to open 10 chests during those 4 hours with such a time sensitive event.
    I just pointed out that it takes up a total of 2 minutes DURING that 4 hours to complete it once, with those 2 minutes split up into tiny slivers interspersed betwixt the fights.
    She still has about another 3 hours and 58 minutes of time to kill 10 easy prey targets.
    Whether she decides to open her chests or go on killing the next targets and ignoring the ~1 second to open a blue chest is her problem.
    But since it is working as intended and isn't broken or taking up an inexorable amount of wait time for better "Quality of Life", then SE won't change it. That's what I was pointing out.
    (0)