Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Special Task Force WHERE ARE YOU?

The most populated FFXI live server for english language: Asura is infested and overwhelmingly saturated with users blatantly violating the Terms of Service user agreement. Scripted automatic farming / automated character control is viewable in most every significant method of gathering resources, gil, exp, jp, and equipment procurement source. These corrupt users exploit and abuse any vulnerability and any poor development judgement to detrimentally devastate the intended gaming environment. It is wrecking the reputation of not only FFXI as a title but also Square-Enix as a top prestige video game producer. Policy and rules are to be obeyed to ensure an honest use of FFXI accounts.

Please supervise and regulate all servers properly !

Please fully enforce the Terms of Service !

Please terminate the accounts of users that are found to be using automated third party programs and scripts to command movement, and command interaction within FFXI areas !
    (11)
    Last edited by TullemoreAsuraFFXI; 04-08-2019 at 02:55 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    The most populated FFXI live server for english language: Asura is infested and overwhelmingly saturated with users blatantly violating the Terms of Service user agreement. Scripted automatic farming / automated character control is viewable in most every significant method of gathering resources, gil, exp, jp, and equipment procurement source. These corrupt users exploit and abuse any vulnerability and any poor development judgement to detrimentally devastate the intended gaming environment. It is wrecking the reputation of not only FFXI as a title but also Square-Enix as a top prestige video game producer. Policy and rules are to be obeyed to ensure an honest use of FFXI accounts.

Please supervise and regulate all servers properly !

Please fully enforce the Terms of Service !

Please terminate the accounts of users that are found to be using automated third party programs and scripts to command movement, and command interaction within FFXI areas !
    What he ↑↑ said !!! In triplicate!
    (3)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Support in this effort is always welcome. The struggle ending corruption has been a battle on FFXI servers for the game's entire existence. Intelligent content and interface design being one of if not the most effective counter-measures against exploits and ToS violations. As mentioned in the original post, there's enough content and interface that have flaws weaknesses and lack competent design tools to where FFXI is unable to eliminate corrupt behavior on it's servers purely through programming design. The special task force needs and requires additional resources, authority, and developer side intelligence capabilities.
    (2)

Character
    Hannahmontana
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I know exactly what you mean. I spent HOURS upon HOURS in Palborough to get items for Bastok Mission 1-3 because of these people.

I was given a link in game by a kind GM to report to Special Task Fask. Here it is.
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/co...php?id=20&la=1
    (1)

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Without terminating the accounts of the automated farmers that plague those open world areas, there's a few programming options. One: add those specific treasures to a widely more diverse treasure pool potential. Two: increase the drop rate of the materials needed for the ultimate crafting shields in the level 99+ enemy loot pool. Three: Over-haul the maps where the level 99+ enemies are that drop these materials allowing for a 500-600% greater number of enemy population across a map size corresponding to a 500%-600% increase of zone size. Four: Discover accounts using ToS violating behavior and ex-communicate them from servers where ToS violations are condemned by designating one server where the third-party tool users can all be placed together. Do not allow server transfer off of this said designated server where detrimental accounts are sent to. Five: Have crafting NPC's sell the ultimate crafting shield spheres for modestly determined amount of crafting guild points. Example: Impaction Sphere -> 3 guild points. I am sure there's even more answers to that specific problem, please feel free to add to what i have here.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    In case you're interested, and haven't seen it yet, I linked to a recent post of Special Task Force in one of the other threads discussing these issues, here: Where are the GM's?.

It's in Japanese, though, but translating it the best I can it doesn't look like they actually said too much. It's not like they /can/ say too much, however, and I do believe they are there, and are working on things.

Just... kind of very slowly-like. :]
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Tullemore
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There's another eyesore and devious behavior occurring on Asura. ToS violator accounts are using 3rd party automated scripting programs to "sell" experience points and job points to naive or apathetic players by charging large sums of gil for invites to a party allowing the "customer" to obtain exp / jp as a leech.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TullemoreAsuraFFXI View Post
    There's another eyesore and devious behavior occurring on Asura. ToS violator accounts are using 3rd party automated scripting programs to "sell" experience points and job points to naive or apathetic players by charging large sums of gil for invites to a party allowing the "customer" to obtain exp / jp as a leech.
    I came across one notorious "player" in Sih gates, often yelling about selling job points. Had a bunch of characters on Auto-follow, speed hacking and killing mobs.
    The lead "player/bot" kept targeting the mobs I was fighting and just auto-following them around.

What get's me, is the audacity of it, they just do not care if they are in plain view anymore!
    (0)

Player
    There are 24 hour IGE shouts. GMs take 2 hours to reply if you get a reply at all. Then do absolutely nothing. Bots have been getting spheres for 2 solid years and rmting with shields. I mean look, gil is worth HALF of what it was this time last year. These bots are making a billion+ every single day.

There is absolutely zero reason to fear. So why wouldn't you/they just do whatever they feel like.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 05-28-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Player
    Have you try contacting in-game though? Just about last week, I called GM about problems I had, & one did shows up and somehow took care of it. I won't divulge the matter as per agreement with GM, but it was responsive & very helpful.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast