Player

Bonus for "essential" jobs

Kinda getting really sick and tired of literally every single shout being "tank healer".

You need to give people a reason to be more willing to play the essential jobs. Give them extra points. Give them extra drops. Give them additional personal loot. Something. Anything.
    (0)

Character
    Myrialana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The easiest and healthiest way to do this for the longterm of the game is open up more jobs to tank and heal, as well as make all DD's more flexible in the different ways they can deal damage .... Its annoying for players to constantly have to leave or get off the job they enjoy because it isnt a "Vital Job."

Rather than reward the bad game design of over restricting "how" someone plays a job we need to have more interesting and divergent ways to play the job ....

If DRK, SAM, MNK, NIN, maybe a few others where healthy viable end game content tanks you would have a lot less of this problem .... someone who really wants to play NOT PALADIN will have a much easier time joining a group or shifting into one to fill the gap.

The wrong approach is definitely to try and force players to play the game a certain way .... it will inevitably reach a stress point and people will leave.

my "how i would change" series of posts addressing classes is targetted at opening up play diversity on some of the most one dimensional classes in the game ....
    I thinkk conversely it might not be bad to open up other roles for the main line tanks and healers, so that as other jobs diverge and intersect with thier space they dont suffer and can also play other roles .... Why i'snt taking a Banish/Holy/ Smiting paladin or whm for DD on an undead enemy a thing ? it used to be, and people loved it.

One of the best experiences i ever had on this game was when one of my friends figured out the elemental staff ninjitsu build back in the day .... So many options that used to be fun and available are long since gone and so are the players that went with them ..... we need to re diversify this games potential builds again. Perfect balance isn't as important as having alot of fun and interesting ways to play the game.

Plus you can limit the balance damage to the game by making all divergent paths for a class mutually exclusive .... meaning a job can only act one way at a time ... so the balance for each independent roll a job can take is separated by a limit (much like my stances).
    (0)
    Last edited by Delgear; 08-14-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My worst complaint is that when I see people shouting for a "Healer (Can I have it?)" and I go /tell them I can go on my WHM, hoping to be able to lot on certain items, they say things like "Oh sorry, those are already spoken for, you wouldn't be able to lot on them."
    Really?!?
    You are asking for help because no one else in your group wants to play that job/role, but when you get someone you tell them they can't EQUALLY lot on the possible drop item for doing as much support to help?
    REALLY ?!?
    Teaching people that when you're looking for help, they can lot on ANYTHING in the drop pool as long as they helped, should be highly emphasized. That's the game rules, TRUSTING others won't lot on them is risk you take. (Oh and force-dropping a member of the party that helped after they lotted on something can land you in big doo doo.)
    Yes, you're just jumping in and may not have helped farm the pop items, if any, but I haven't seen THAT scenario in well over a year with Ambuscade and Vagary and Dyna [D] not needing a blip of a thing to enter.
    Ok that's my 4½ cents worth.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Delgear View Post
    The easiest and healthiest way to do this for the longterm of the game is open up more jobs to tank and heal
    It's impossible to make anything even roughly equal to PLD as a tank because then absolutely no one will play PLD and then you just should delete it from the game. Same with WHM.

The only reasonable solution is make it worthwhile to play PLD (and WHM)... or punish the non-whm/pld either way works, but only those ways work.

People don't want to play pld and whm (they're a little more willing to play run, but only because it's so disgustingly broken). It can't be that way.
    (0)
    Last edited by Isola; 08-14-2019 at 11:17 PM.