Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

R/E/A Armor Upgrade Wait Time Removal

Since abjuration gear can be instantly purified, I think its reasonable that upgrading armor could also be instant. Also augments are instant too.

Please remove the game day change wait time. There is not really a good reason to keep the wait time in.
    (4)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Really, 1 game day wait is too long? Back in the day we used to have to wait a FULL conquest week for certain upgrades. Game is on easy mode already.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    Really, 1 game day wait is too long? Back in the day we used to have to wait a FULL conquest week for certain upgrades. Game is on easy mode already.
    If it was only 1 game day per piece, it'd be reasonable. The thing is that none of the reforging only takes 1 game day to complete...
    Relic armor is 4 game days to fully upgrade.
    Artifact armor is 5 game days baseline, which can be reduced by paying a rather large portion of eschan beads (which are both slow to obtain and a capped resource.)

All of the NPCs involved are another bottleneck since each will only handle upgrading a single piece at a time. I don't think we are going to see the gating removed entirely, but it would be a definite QOL improvement for everyone if say, the reforging wait was reduced to 1 minute for the stages that Monisette handles. That would cut the upgrade process time per piece down to the same as pre +2/+3 upgrade stages, and make it less painful for new players to bring their gear to the 119ilvl stage.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If INSTANT gratification is what you want, just ask SE to hand out REMAs upon 1st login. FFXI is SUPPOSED to take a long time. It's good business sense for SE to draw things out. FFXI is already a shell of it's former self in terms of difficulty.
    (1)

Character
    Xalyia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    If INSTANT gratification is what you want, just ask SE to hand out REMAs upon 1st login. FFXI is SUPPOSED to take a long time. It's good business sense for SE to draw things out. FFXI is already a shell of it's former self in terms of difficulty.
    Honestly, I receieved the gratification solo'ing the rem tales fights on my bst. I already did the work required to receive the items. There is nothing "instant gratification" in terms of receiving the item after doing the work.

And furthermore you're speaking to a player who played from PS2 release. You don't get to lecture me about how time consuming and difficult things used to be, but you can humor me with stories of how many hours you've spent camping JEJ or Lizzy.
    (0)