Yeah, I wouldn't call jobs a priority, but something on the "Nice to have..." list once a bunch of other points get checked off and we get some better identity going for existing options.

As for monetization model, I personally wouldn't look to gacha games as an inspiration, as they're far worse when it comes to P2W elements. However, I will say that mobile games are slowly creeping toward the same level and/or complexity of XI, with the only real shortcoming they face in not having a decade+ of content to back them at their launches. We're still a bit off when it comes to real game world exploration, but the tech is erring closer with things like Stadia on the horizon and derivatives that will follow.

I imagine many would be content with a $5/mo sub in an otherwise F2P field if it meant guaranteed Double CP and the like, but there could be other venues to help churn out investment, too. The ancient argument that a sub fee weeds out RMT or immature people has otherwise proven exceptionally false over the years across multiple MMOs.