Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    The 20th anni with "long term 3 year goal" and "surprise everyone" must relate to FFXI exclusively since it's about FFXI, so it can mean only two things: Another expansion - doesn't matter what they stated in the recent past, they still got machines, they can still develop new content as we've seen in the past recent years, or at least burn those machines up trying. OR Graphical improvements. What else is going to surprise us? Like really. New race? A new race needs three years to shoehorn it into FFXI? Maybe several more new jobs all at once? That needs three years? I'm running out of ideas here.

My money is on graphical face lift. They probably started feeling embarrassed that this wonderful game has gone nearly two decades without the standard facelift and that fans are resorting to doing it themselves(that one person who has completed like Sandy zone or whatevs) If it's not an expansion or facelift with a three year wait then I'll be greatly disappointed that blank took three years to do and nobody cares about it.

I guess it could be the mother of all updates that takes three years to complete. Think of all the things we've ever asked for but was told "NO! TOO MUCH TROUBLE!" like more AH slots, for example. Maybe adding new zones that they never got around to in the past. We've all seen those areas where these zones were meant to be entered from. Maybe new zones altogether, spread through out the game expansions. Perhaps for experience/JP purposes only, or attach new quests to them, whatever reasons we need to go to them. I guess that would be something I'd be surprised about and would most welcome it. Sure seems more likely that we'd get a major update to the game, than a facelift. Maybe I'll put my money on a MOAU instead HMMM.
    I would personally kill for 60 FPS and customizable UI without third party tools. The existing game engine has no problem with 60FPS, as the animations are done at that speed (but any hjijgher and the animations play faster which looks bad); Far as I can tell the game is only at 30 FPS because that's what the PS2 could handle, so they based literally everything on that. (Also, if you do raise the fps to 60, the mouse becomes much more useable since its easier not to miss the small UI buttons and it feels more responsive)
    (0)

My gut is going with graphic upgrades and some parts of me thinks it could be added zones and quest. Shall see.
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4