Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Increase /yell chat delay

Please can we have a substantial increase on the delay in which people can post within /yell.

This will have no baring on in game related group request which I look out for, yet somewhat (hopefully) eliminate the nonsense of trolling chat in between.

I don't want to read about [US] politics and offensive yells in a fantasy role playing game. I've black listed over 60 people thus far, but it's relentless and I believe more needs to be done.

Also, can we have a way to export the blacklist to other characters on the same account? When I log in, I see the same people I don't wish to see on my main character.
    (0)

Player
    It's not the delay thats a problem, make it longer they'll just use more mules to circumvent it. (more money for square though, so there's that). The people are the problem.

Forums have mods. What is an MMO other than an interactive forum if you simplify it down. Time to moderate.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    The people are the problem.
    It seems that only a handful of certain individuals start the ball rolling.

So it leaves two options:

1). As I have said, limit the /yell function seeing as it's not designed for chit chat anyway.
    2). Punish the offending players, but that requires resources, and what would the punishments realistically be?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    It seems that only a handful of certain individuals start the ball rolling.

So it leaves two options:

1). As I have said, limit the /yell function seeing as it's not designed for chit chat anyway.
    2). Punish the offending players, but that requires resources, and what would the punishments realistically be?
    1) Disable all words that aren't autotranslate. Or create a "blacklist" of words that can't be typed.
    2) Ban em. Seriously. No mercy.

They are INCREDIBLY heavy handed with bans on here. And absolutely give zero f's about chat in game? seriously? yeah, that's wrong.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 03-21-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    1) Disable all words that aren't autotranslate. Or create a "blacklist" of words that can't be typed.
    2) Ban em. Seriously. No mercy.

They are INCREDIBLY heavy handed with bans on here. And absolutely give zero f's about chat in game? seriously? yeah, that's wrong.
    Loving your #1 option. And adjust the filter to ban the RMT's advertising their website(s), but using spaces to circumnavigate the auto-filter already in place for them, although your #1 would take care of this problem too.
    (0)

Player
    See like this shit that's been going on for the last 2 hours. That's enough of that shit. I'd ban literally every single person that yelled in the last hour. Enough is enough.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    See like this shit that's been going on for the last 2 hours. That's enough of that shit. I'd ban literally every single person that yelled in the last hour. Enough is enough.
    I completely understand your frustration with it. I too am frustrated by it, the other day I just closed the game down because of it.

In my opinion, the policy on how offenders are dealt with when it comes to offensive yells needs to change. I have called GM's at the time of some pretty offensives yells and the general response seems to be "We will conduct an investigation" and then leaves it at that. In the mean time, the offensive comments continue and it all spirals more out of control. Remove the offending comment and deal with the player there and then. This is how most public forums are moderated (including this one).
    (0)

Player
    I would like to suggest the following policy adjustment for blatant offenders who are in plainly obvious violation of the TOS:

1. When reported, a GM immediately verifies and documents the offending statements, and documents that they are clear violations of the TOS.
    2. After doing the above, the account in question receives an immediate 24hr ban and the GM responsible posts a yell in-game stating that the offender has been punished.
    3. Any account that establishes a pattern of the same patently offensive behavior gets permanently banned, and a GM posts a yell in-game stating that the offender's account has been terminated.

Humans simply will not play nicely with each other if we don't have rules play by that we know will potentially be enforced. >_>
    It might actually have a bit of an impact on how bad public chat has gotten if our GMs were allowed to show that they still have teeth.
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Ninazu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I posted about this in the Asura forums about a month ago. I've GMed people multiple times for the crap that goes on in /yell, and it's ridiculous that it keeps happening. I get that the moderation staff is pretty limited these days, but seriously, GMs don't even seem to log in to the game at all any more, because it wouldn't take more than 5 or 10 minutes sitting idle in a city to see how toxic /yell is.

Moreover, I fully believe that they should publicly enforce these rules, state their presence and reaffirm that the type of crap going on in /yell shouldn't be considered acceptable. I'm not American, and I honestly don't want or need to listen to that crap while I play. And when they DO ban people, they should report it publicly. Let people know there are consequences, because doing it all in private doesn't deter crap. And it's not like it's some kind of privacy violation, reporting character violations don't mean you're releasing their name, address, CC number etc etc.

It's just kind of sad that SE hasn't caught up with other companies when it comes to stuff like this. I'm glad they've kept the game updated and made significant QOL changes, but their moderation policies are still firmly rooted in 2004.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxictaru View Post
    Let people know there are consequences, because doing it all in private doesn't deter crap. And it's not like it's some kind of privacy violation, reporting character violations don't mean you're releasing their name, address, CC number etc etc.
    I agree with the fact there should be more moderation, with offending players being removed, and their comment line deleted from yell. Maybe even something as simple as a /yell lockout for whatever time the offensive comment warrants. Or even an option next to each yell to 'Report abuse' so that a comment gets flagged (once it has hit a number of reports) without having to call a GM.

However, you can't publicly announce a person. Especially with the likes of GDPR in the EU.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast