Thread: RMT everywhere

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    If you ban the buyers, you lose the sellers. Friends of buyers quit. Mercs can't merc. and now you've lost half the population. Game can't afford to pay for its own servers anymore.

You get to deal with the minor annoyance or not play. no grey area.
    I cancelled my sub a week and a half ago due to RMT, bots, toxic yells, lack of content yells and mercs/cheats, that and not being able to ignore /blist them (due to the 100 cap).
    I'll dabble in and out of the forums and news, to see if any action is taken and if it isn't - I won't return.
    Ten or so people I know have quit over the last month due to the above reasons.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sirmarki; 10-04-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirmarki View Post
    I cancelled my sub a week and a half ago due to RMT, bots, toxic yells, lack of content yells and mercs/cheats, that and not being able to ignore /blist them (due to the 100 cap).
    I'll dabble in and out of the forums and news, to see if any action is taken and if it isn't - I won't return.
    Ten or so people I know have quit over the last month due to the above reasons.
    More anecdotal evidence that people hate RMT more than they hate SE for banning cheaters.

Sirmark, you should just transfer to shiva, RMT presence is very light here, you can actually do things in the game. What good is a big population if it has big RMT?
    (3)

Character
    Coffeegood
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

RMT accounts banned from September, New accounts made on 10/10/2019

sent report in, its funny how /target player can find accounts behind walls
    (2)

Player
    Unless you're going to pay hundreds of subs per month to make up for those that they would ban, it just isn't gonna happen.

They are getting tens of thousands of dollars from these guys. Your $13 is of absolutely zero concern by comparison.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Unless you're going to pay hundreds of subs per month to make up for those that they would ban, it just isn't gonna happen.

They are getting tens of thousands of dollars from these guys. Your $13 is of absolutely zero concern by comparison.
    Should they keep the game running for the "free money" when the game population is 100% RMT bots?

Here's what will really happen:

-More honest players will quit due to RMT getting in the way of their enjoyment (along with the cheaters).
    -Eventually the cheaters get bored and quit, probably because of the lack of tolerant people to play with
    -RMT population relative to actual population getsto a critical mass
    -Lacking customers, RMT cancel their accounts to find another game to ruin.
    -Game makes no money and a funeral is held at Shibuya Station (they recently held a funeral there for the end of Tokyo's pager service), followed by the end of service.

It is more than just one or two people getting fed up over RMT, if they don't act, they may well not make it to the 20th anniversary.

Frankly I think my doomsday scenario is probably more accurate than yours.
    (5)

Player
    You would have to literally slap the crackpipe out of their hand to get "honest" players to quit. They can't quit.

Despite all lack of actual job balance, the players are perfectly balanced. Addicts can't quit. Whiners won't quit. RMT keep pumping up numbers so the game can't shut down. Perfection.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 10-11-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeegood View Post

sent report in, its funny how /target player can find accounts behind walls
    RMTs are like cockroaches in your house, no matter how many times you kill them, they always will come back.

I don't think you should post that on the digest thread. I know the dev team don't care but shall you continue spamming more RMT/BOT related summaries there? Japanese players seem gave up after they got in a serious argument because someone was spamming too much negative images on their weekly dev threads.

「スペシャルタスクフォース」サブフォーラムの新設のお願い

Dev Tracker履歴への一般ユーザーによる返信不可設定について

Tarutaru might be very cute but they are very serious. I feel sorry for them.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    You would have to literally slap the crackpipe out of their hand to get "honest" players to quit. They can't quit.
    They can, and they are.

(but I agree, no good to poop on the dev threads, the devs themselves are trying to work on a game, it's the support staff that are supposed to handle cheating/RMT/etc.. Keep it in seperate threads like here)
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Yeah, I don't accept your supposition that "half the players" buy or are good friends with people who buy.

Your slippery slope argument doesn't fly with me.
    Even on Shiva. It came to light that most players I know that still play do so by virtue of having bought gil or use bots to automate grind. They're not selfish or nasty or anything - they've offered to help me on many occasions. The justification seems to be that it's harming no-one because the game is in its twilight and most players are complicit anyhow. Even if you don't do the above, have you sold Dynamis-Divergence pieces for hundreds of thousands on the AH? Have you played with any of those players without knowing their provenance, or players they've helped get their gear/job mastery? It's virtually unavoidable.

I've gone back to playing solo, and I don't do much now because of that.
    (3)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    Even on Shiva. It came to light that most players I know that still play do so by virtue of having bought gil or use bots to automate grind. They're not selfish or nasty or anything - they've offered to help me on many occasions. The justification seems to be that it's harming no-one because the game is in its twilight and most players are complicit anyhow. Even if you don't do the above, have you sold Dynamis-Divergence pieces for hundreds of thousands on the AH? Have you played with any of those players without knowing their provenance, or players they've helped get their gear/job mastery? It's virtually unavoidable.

I've gone back to playing solo, and I don't do much now because of that.
    Yeah no, I don't believe it. Many of the people in my LS regularly complain whenever RMT yells appear (which isn't that often over here).

"Game in its twilight" is not an excuse to be a cheatin' #&*^$. I will indeed disavow any relationships I have with anyone I discover to be buying. I've done it before and I will do it again. My relic etc was entirely generated with earned gil and items, and the vast majority of it by myself solo. It's easy enough to generate gil in the game today that I can't really even imagine wanting to buy it.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-12-2019 at 01:13 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast