Character
    Gamergiving
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Item Recovery instructions between website and policy leading to failed recovery

According to the Item Recovery article from SE Support Center, opening a ticket through them is a valid path towards item recovery. They go so far as to describe the steps to follow in order to facilitate the recovery:
    You can place a GM call from in-game using the /helpdesk chat command, or contact a SQUARE ENIX Support Center at the bottom of this article. Simply select "Additional Assistance," then select "Next," then select "Next," then choose a contact method.
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...=item+recovery

I opted for opening a ticket, as opposed to calling a GM in game because --as far as I know-- the only true choice when calling a GM in game is by selecting an option saying that someone is violating the Code of Conduct or something like that. This is 100% not that. This is a missing item (that I probably dropped without noticing.)

Four days later (out of the 7 days recoverable window), they respond with this:
    We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced in-game. Unfortunately, the Support Center is unable to assist with any in-game issues. The Support Center can only assist with account and technical issues, such as an inability to log into a Square Enix account or trouble updating the game client. For assistance with an in-game issue, please contact a Game Master. To contact a Game Master please type “/supportdesk”, which will bring up the menu to contact a Game Master for further assistance.
    So my only option was to open a false GM ticket, claiming that someone was cheating or harassing in game, to speak to someone about the lost item. The GM was amazing, friendly and helpful (even if in the end the item is gone, this is true: Zeigunav felt like he was hearing me and going to see what he could do to help.)

My steps have been as follows:
    • Website says to open ticket, I open ticket.
    • 4 days later, response to ticket says I shouldn't have opened ticket.
    • Call GM by falsely claiming TOS violation (only option).
    • Begin item recovery process.

Is this how the system is supposed to work? None of those steps feel right except the last one. Can someone look into fixing this for others going forward?
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would love to know the correct process as well. I hope you get your item back
    (0)

Greetings GamerGiving,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your concerns with our item restoration process!

First, we would like to deeply apologize for the confusion the process has caused and for the inconvenience and time this matter has taken to process. However, we'll be happy to help clarify the process and best method for requesting item restorations as well as addressing the misinformation you've received.

For any in-game concerns or reports (such as with verbal harassment, grief tactics, item restorations, etc.), it is best to contact a Game Master in-game by using the /helpdesk command. This would be the speediest and most time effective way of addressing any in-game reports or concerns that you may have. While it is also possible to submit a ticket through the Square Enix Support Center website, please consider this a secondary option if you are not able to enter the game, simply to avoid any unforeseen complications.

Regarding the in-game helpdesk categories, currently there are only a few to select from, some of which may not apply to why you are contacting us. These categories only try to assist with the most common issues players face, so please don't feel like you are placing a false report by choosing a different category! While it may not apply, please feel free to select the report violation category to speak with a Game Master for any reason.

Lastly, we will look into the sequence of events and correspondence that led to the delay of your request and resolution and take measures to ensure it does not occur again.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience this matter has caused for you, but please feel free to contact a Game Master at any time, should the need arise. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and best of luck on your adventures!

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR
    (1)

Character
    Armanta
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Item Recovery

I accidently dropped Mythic Weapon Carnwenhan 119vIII about 2 days ago. I contacted gm after dropped and put in order in for me to restore weapon. Just contacted another GM to verify that order was put in to restore weapon. The lastest GM call had a lot of my questions answered about restoration of the mythic weapon Carnwenhan 119vIII answered. Both Gm's were polite and showed concern to get the issue resolved. Really wanted to thank GM Zeigunav for helping me and looking into the status and investigation of my Carnwenhan 119vIII. As of now it can take up to a week before said Item is restored. I learned my lesson the first time and this will be the last time all at the same time since I been playing this game from 2003. Place important items in Mog Wardrobe is the best bet as to not accidently dropped something important. GM's do help, however they are limited to how much help can be provided due to being short staffed and working around the clock. There is a backlog of other players making the same mistake from different servers. Just be vigilant on what is going to be dropped at the time since item space is limited if playing many jobs with gear for those jobs. Place important things in mog wardrobe once again and take time to access what to drop in the near future is all I can say.
    (1)
    Last edited by Armanta; 03-17-2019 at 11:40 PM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Armanta View Post
    I accidently dropped Mythic Weapon Carnwenhan 119vIII about 2 days ago. I contacted gm after dropped and put in order in for me to restore weapon. Just contacted another GM to verify that order was put in to restore weapon. The lastest GM call had a lot of my questions answered about restoration of the mythic weapon Carnwenhan 119vIII answered. Both Gm's were polite and showed concern to get the issue resolved. Really wanted to thank GM Zeigunav for helping me and looking into the status and investigation of my Carnwenhan 119vIII. As of now it can take up to a week before said Item is restored. I learned my lesson the first time and this will be the last time all at the same time since I been playing this game from 2003. Place important items in Mog Wardrobe is the best bet as to not accidently dropped something important. GM's do help, however they are limited to how much help can be provided due to being short staffed and working around the clock. There is a backlog of other players making the same mistake from different servers. Just be vigilant on what is going to be dropped at the time since item space is limited if playing many jobs with gear for those jobs. Place important things in mog wardrobe once again and take time to access what to drop in the near future is all I can say.
    I know this is a little late, but you can easily avoid this kind of error by putting important equipment in your Mog Wardrobes, since you can't toss anything in them unless you transfer it to inventory first.
    (0)