Character
    Ninazu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

The /yell politics needs to stop.

Honestly.

I've reported more times than I care to count. My blacklist is full, and filtering /yell means missing out on actual content. I can't open multiple tickets to report people, and honestly, writing down the names is overly tedious. I'm not playing FFXI to listen to trolly political debate.

GMs need to step in and actually moderate this. It's not an individual problem, it's widespread. Reporting people is always met with "without names, we can't do anything." I made the simple suggestion the other night that a GM just sit in town and watch yells, but got the same scripted answer back.

It's absolutely toxic, and as a returning player, it's seriously making me question why I bothered coming back. As a non-American, I don't care at all about American politics, and I certainly don't like sitting there listening to people debate whether or not Nazism was OK. But alas, SE continues to allow the behavior. It needs to stop, and it can't just be through individual reports. You guys need to step up, moderate, and start publicly punishing people for behavior. It's one thing to have a proper debate, but the Russian trolls on Twitter are more civil than /yell on Asura. That's sad.

Fix it, please.

(and don't bother commenting on the fact that Toxic is in my name, thanks)
    (6)
    Last edited by Toxictaru; 02-27-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Player
    I've made MULTIPLE requests on this topic as well. It is unacceptable.
    (2)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I completely agree. It's out of hand, any chat forum needs moderation, whether it is in game, or an a forum like this. Otherwise it's just a massive free for all.
    Some of the stuff I've seen said by players is even unlawful in some countries, and will carry even a prison sentence.

It makes for a bad atmosphere and an extremely toxic environment. I can't ever recall one sensible conversation in /yell.

Constantly blisting or turning /yell off is not the answer. By turning /yell off we are shutting ourselves out of being able to see actual content yells (which in this day and age seems to be a rarity when you factor in toxicity and the overkill of merc yells). After all /yell was designed for content yells and not general chit chat (hence the delay).

The game has the word "Fantasy" in it, people wish to escape from daily 'real life' drama (i.e. Politics), not see more of it in a game they pay a significant subscription fee for.
    (2)

Character
    Danallen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Can SE implement a "wait period" for people to be able to /yell? Such as:
    1] Must be a player with level 50+
    .....and over 30 IRL days (meaning 720+ real-time hours) of log-in play
    ........and must have access to certain areas already in order to /yell, like Reisenjima, or Adoulin,
    ......... and/or be on a certain level quest in RoV, etc....
    (Stops all those (f f x i s h o p .c o m) mules /yelling 3 times then logging out, only to make another mule to rinse/wash/repeat annoyingly.)
    ..... they can still use /say, /shout, /linkshell, /unity, though....
    2] Add in repeated website spammage as not allowed: including spacing for cheating websites from RMT, and gilbuyers. (See #1 above).
    3] Add in other "restricted" words in spam filters; i.e. like vulgarity becomes ???? in filters now, or blocks the /yell or /sh.
    4] Or make blacklist longer, since that list folder is now in our own PC memory and not restricted like it used to be for size on PS2 HDD.
    Any other ideas?
    (0)

Player
    None of that accomplishes anything. The answer is much simpler than all that anyway. Just punish the people. It's really that simple. Take your bullshit somewhere else, and if you don't, welcome to ban.

FFXI is not reddit. It is not 4chan. It is not your facebook feed.

The RMT shouts, aren't even the problem. Yes, it's a nuisance. Yes, it's against the TOS. But they at least have the manners to shout their thing a couple times and STOP.

20, the answer is 20. That's how many penis enter Namjib's mom daily. Not certain which of the 3 holes D:
    How is that acceptable. There is no circumstance where that is ok to say.
    (1)
    Last edited by Isola; 02-28-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Isola View Post
    None of that accomplishes anything. The answer is much simpler than all that anyway. Just punish the people. It's really that simple. Take your bullshit somewhere else, and if you don't, welcome to ban.
    I believe as soon as someone has started in /yell, and it's clear they are being disrespectful, they should be removed on the spot. What happens now is that someone says something disrespectful, and then everyone starts, and then it goes on and on and on for sometimes, hours. Nip it in the bud, remove that player IMMEDIATELY from the game and issue a strike, then it won't escalate.

The quotation you used as an example is pretty mild compared to some of the stuff I've read in /yell.
    (0)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzspdref View Post
    Can SE implement a "wait period" for people to be able to /yell? Such as:
    1] Must be a player with level 50+
    .....and over 30 IRL days (meaning 720+ real-time hours) of log-in play
    ........and must have access to certain areas already in order to /yell, like Reisenjima, or Adoulin,
    ......... and/or be on a certain level quest in RoV, etc....
    (Stops all those (f f x i s h o p .c o m) mules /yelling 3 times then logging out, only to make another mule to rinse/wash/repeat annoyingly.)
    ..... they can still use /say, /shout, /linkshell, /unity, though....
    2] Add in repeated website spammage as not allowed: including spacing for cheating websites from RMT, and gilbuyers. (See #1 above).
    3] Add in other "restricted" words in spam filters; i.e. like vulgarity becomes ???? in filters now, or blocks the /yell or /sh.
    4] Or make blacklist longer, since that list folder is now in our own PC memory and not restricted like it used to be for size on PS2 HDD.
    Any other ideas?
    None of this would work, similar to what Isola said. Remove the offending player ASAP. Problem solved and no further escalation.
    (0)