Please? Make Beastmaster fun again. :/
    (3)

Character
    Khamu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 42
    Agreed - the recent change in play mechanics made the job a logistical nightmare to play. Offensive and defensive capabilities for both the master and the pet are unbalanced; not to mention in-game issues relative to the positioning of your pet vs the size/scale of a mob graphically - I'd be right next to my pet trying to use sp abilities and the system would tell me I'm out of range....

We were promised gear that would enhance the defensive/offensive capabilities of both master and pet - what happened?
    The current SU3 gear [Heyoka] is nice but is underwhelming as it lacks defensive enhancements [ie: - damage taken] for the master should they be within range of the pet eating AOE moves from a monster.
    (3)

Character
    Sirmarki
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalXO View Post
    Offensive and defensive capabilities for both the master and the pet are unbalanced; not to mention in-game issues relative to the positioning of your pet vs the size/scale of a mob graphically
    Yep. Not being able to heal a pet (or ready) when you and the pet are fighting the same [large] monster, in my opinion, is a bug, and therefore broken.
    (2)

My Guttler still aches to be used again.... but it's just not fun to play BST anymore from my perspective...

SE doesn't plan to fix it, I mean I had time to make a Kenkonken, take a year break and pop back on as of a couple days ago and yep BST is still broken.

Clearly SE moved on from XI even if we still haven't yet.

Legendary Jug Pets
    Legendary pets that don't have a JA radius of a flea would be nice.
    (3)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalXO View Post
    Agreed - the recent change in play mechanics made the job a logistical nightmare to play. Offensive and defensive capabilities for both the master and the pet are unbalanced; not to mention in-game issues relative to the positioning of your pet vs the size/scale of a mob graphically - I'd be right next to my pet trying to use sp abilities and the system would tell me I'm out of range....

We were promised gear that would enhance the defensive/offensive capabilities of both master and pet - what happened?
    The current SU3 gear [Heyoka] is nice but is underwhelming as it lacks defensive enhancements [ie: - damage taken] for the master should they be within range of the pet eating AOE moves from a monster.
    I feel like whatever rubric is used to making adjustments and job balance, it is missing some key information about how you can never really focus on both pet and master at the same time.

IF this is intentional, thats... kinda ok. but if so, then bst pet command range never should have been nerfed.

I've found that if I'm trying to really do well with Beast Master engaged, then I need to focus on more support and bursting pets, like Generous Arthur, Fluffy Bredo, or Lef-handed Yoko. They burst really well, and have some really good debuffs which help the whole party.

The whole idea of both pet and master melee and skillchaininig only really works solo.

If I'm wearing defensive gear for master, then pet is taking a beating form AoE damage and moreso, Enfeebles.
    The AoE enfeebles are completely the worst. I can wear a high meva set (heyoka) to melee, and thats ok, for master, but Terror, Paralyze, Bind, Petrify, etc. hurts bst more than any other job I believe. smn can resummon pets very quickly at low cost to remove any probematic status ailments. Pups have a base 1 min recast on maintenance and repair, which can both remove status ailments. Also the automaton has more options for resisting status ailments and removing them from attachments or spells.

Beastmaster is expected to melee w/ pet. However an AoE paralyze means that both master and pet will be enfeebled. So you can use an item to remove from master, then use job ability to remove from pet before you can successfully use a ready command. Terror and Amnesia are wrose, because you cannot remove them. When enfeebled, Beastmaster is enfeebled 2x, while non-pet jobs are enfeebled only 1x.

With Pangu/Ankusa axe you can actually build a dicent hybrid pdt/dt set for both master and pet, but its tricky to choose which to prioritize.

I've had alot of fun using Presto Julio lately.

I really would love to have an ilvl 119 Flytrap (and all the other pets we've lost). Using Sleepga, Slowga, and paralyze is absolutely wonderful crowd control for bst.

which comes back to the rest of the pets.. I think the only 'legendary' like ones we've had are Crude Raphie, FaithfulFalcorr maybe..

To make it truley LEGENDARY, I feel like we would need Byakko and Suzaku and Kirin or something
    (2)
    Last edited by Xilk; 03-09-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Ack! the march PUPdate has me too hopeful and excited for new jug pets for bst!

I would be happy just getting the ones that fell behind in level back, but if they gave pup new attachments, why not new pets for bst?
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    I would personally prefer that the bugs which were intentionally inserted into the job be removed to getting a handful of new pets. New pets would be nice TOO tho, as long as the actual problems with the job are addressed as the priority.
    (1)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Monsutaman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 75
    Mandy, Rabbit, Tiger, Sheep....

Mandy, Rabbit, Tiger, Sheep...

Been gone since 2015 and that rotation with dev pet releases has not changed haha.

Not a bad idea actually. Other than the fun factor, a lot of BST issues lie within the jug pets we are given, or the "Cannon" of them. Your job is never fun when you know it could be much better. Why are they afraid to give BST more cannon pets? That it will make them useful like other jobs?

1) Legendary creatures have larger hp pools (Better survivability)

2) Better dd capabilities (DD & one hr abilities)

Imo, Jugs should be cannon. Even a level 119 Legendary Roc is not out DDing capable dds, so there should be no balance issues. Legendary pets could make BST a tank job imo. The large hp pools.....BST would have been better served as a tank, moves like ecliptic meteor and howl could draw a ton of hate, or if a legendary wyvern jug were to use hundred fist..

(Considering the game works like it did before I left, lol. A lot has changed, drastically, why not BST?)
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Friendly request that we give Beastmasters Legendary Jug Pets: i.e. jug items that are dispensable via usable REMA weapons.

(P.S. Above all else, new alliance content to use the pets would also be amazing).
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Bump Bump.

Hoping to get more tangible use our of Beastmaster with out restrictive JA lockout...
    (2)
    Last edited by Gwydion; 07-18-2021 at 05:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast