Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1

New Beastmaster JAs at ML50? or Legendary Jug Pets on Prime Weapon?

I'm still have seen any Beastmaster jug pet updates from 2021 when 6 jug pets were added that buff the master/player. You asked for suggestion for new jugs but I just haven't seen it.

Maybe we could buff our pets in more active way than just earning Master Levels? Beastmaster has so much nuance to it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They'd have to add something for other jobs if they did this. And given the insane grind, I'm glad there's no new abilities/etc with the master levels.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Come on, SE. It's time to give us Megamaw Mikey as a Legendary jug pet. Or a Behemoth cub. Usable once per hour. Pet lasts for an hour.
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    They'd have to add something for other jobs if they did this. And given the insane grind, I'm glad there's no new abilities/etc with the master levels.
    Heck I'd be happy if they just unlocked the Tier 2 merits for people who have achieved Job Master, I mean that's the whole point of being a job master right? (Even if it was the benefit of getting a new tier 2 merit on that job every X amount of master levels
    (1)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    I mentioned this on my alt, maybe they could implement "Catch & Release" for non charmable, normal & NMs. This does not require a rehaul, fix, etc.....just an addition of a job trait. Other jobs were singled out with JAs & Traits, so why not BST?

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56209

Anyway......How it works?

Beating a Behemoth or MegaMaw will net BST a chance to catch the monster, adding it to their list of caught monsters. When you release it.....

-Monsters does a skill/spell
    -Leaves
    -Lose the NM/Monsters from your list.
    -Have to catch it again...
    -Monsters scale to the level of the BST akin to jugs.
    -The Special attacks are stronger than Ready moves
    -2 min cooldown (or adjust as needed)
    -Catch acts akin to TH; there will be +Catch gear to increase chance of catching a defeated mob.

Perhaps make REMA function in a way, that catch is nearly guaranteed while wielding one due to how much +Catch it has.

As for actual jugs, I feel there are things they can do to take advantage of pet assigned jobs. Such as, introducing more jobs to pets instead of the generic "WAR." Jugs that are casters such as BLM for example........Panopt or Hecteyes.

Also, add more moves to the existing jugs; even the critical hp ones......simply make them only work on normal mobs. They simply miss on NMs.

Coeurl not having Pounce is a crime......I mean come on.......lol.
    (0)

Character
    Humeman
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 85
    Also, Catch & Release was in FF5 iirc?
    (1)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Such a good idea. Man, this game deserves so much more investment.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I mean i've got ideas for like 20 new jobs, they should invest more because that's such a good idea.

The problem with your argument is this "investment" only benefits current players and doesn't make them any more money.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I mean i've got ideas for like 20 new jobs, they should invest more because that's such a good idea.

The problem with your argument is this "investment" only benefits current players and doesn't make them any more money.
    I don't see any problems man. I'm just having fun thinking up new ideas.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Unlocking all Tier 2 / Group 2 merits at ML50 would be really helpful too. Beast Affinity is so unnecessar when they release 119 versions of pet families, as it is.

Do other jobs have anything like that? I don't think SE creates a Black Magic spell for RDMs/BLMs and not be able to adjust it's modifiers. Ridiculous.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast