Character
    Mattelot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 75

Returning player, seeking information

Good day.

After logging in for the first time since the level cap was 75, I'm a bit confused and overwhelmed with the amount of changes. Once change that I've been working on lately is unlocking trusts via RoV missions. These are great since before, there was not a lot of things you could do alone to improve yourself.

I'm seeing people "solo" lots of activities and HNMs using trusts. Are there things you cannot "solo" with trusts? I read about these "empyrean" weapons. Can I work towards those on my own? Bear in mind that once I've finished the RoV stuff so I can have a full group, my plan is to level up Blue Mage.

Thanks for the information.
    (0)

Player
    It is a drastically different game than it used to be. What you can and cannot "solo" with trusts is only really limited by your progression (aka gear) and job. There is not much you can't do with just trust, all the way up to the very highest content. Everything below 130 more or less (or it has too many adds / gimmicks)

You can work on empyrean weapons solo, yes, easily.
    (0)

Character
    Mattelot
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 75
    Oh wow, that's great news! Thank you for the information. I just saw all the crazy gear and weapons people use at 99 compared to what we used at 75 and thought that 7 years behind would be impossible to acquire.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah. You can get stuff done faster in most cases with other players, but you're no longer entirely prevented from doing something when you can't find people to group with.
    (0)

Player
    You can do a lot of things with trusts but not everything, also a lot of the endgame which can be done with trusts can be very challenging still.

This is a useful link

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Quickstart_1-119_Guide
    (0)