Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

We're really treasure hunters, not thieves!

I know I could attest for this in my 2+ years pulling for Dynamis!

So how do you guys feel about all the new Treasure Hunter goodness we've seen, especially the big changes to the system, and the fact that we have yet another TH gear, and Job trait!
    (0)

I love the things they have done for Treasure Hunter, and I hunger for MORE!
    (0)

I would like if they made Thief able to steal more things, not useless things either.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Pretty much what Draylo said. The Steal trait in itself is rather useless, would be nice to be able to steal/despoil some useful stuff, or at a better rate for that matter. Stealing 3~4 coins during a dynamis run with the highest Steal setup doesn't even cover my food/rr cost. As for abyssea, that could extend to pop items, geodes or crests for example.
    (0)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I've only been using Steal for a quick dispel, situationally. I don't even remember I can use it in Dynamis runs because of the low success rate and recast.
    I do love the Treasure Hunter update, though! Adding up numbers is addicting, and lately I've been reluctant to go on any other job to events.
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I always have liked how old school FFXI did Steal with Brigandish Blade in sky. It made the job ability a requirement. ... Made you feel kind of important, because back in that day most Thief's had no more than TH2. :P Just remembering the good old days.
    (0)

I agree steal needs to be more beneficial when its used on higher level enemies as well as in dynamis even it would be great to be steal a coin more often then not. I don't know if SqEnix plans on putting out more steal gear that would have to overshadow what they have now to do this or even give a job trait that increases chance of stealing an item.
    On the Treasure Hunter topic Im not sure what to think I must be the unluckiest THF there is but having a TH9 on an NM and only dropping 1 seal without a proc and nothing else or getting up to a TH8 outside abyssea on a HNM and not getting a drop is still crap. I feel they nerfed TH just to say they could give you higher TH but a TH 4 turns out to be a TH2 now.. just a thought .. like I said Im probably just an unlucky THF
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

im happy with the new th system but would be happier if u could SA+marksmanship WS [with /rng of course] and RA for more th procs.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    i seriously suppoer being able to steal good things. i feel there should be certian valuable gear/items only obtainable by stealing to give the game more of an old school FF feel. one of the first things i always make in a final fantasy game where multiple jobs are useable, or abilities are selectable, is make a thf to obtain rare and awesome items.

a thought: if making gear stealable (not like the drops the monster would normaly have, but diffrent ones), will imbalance the game, then make a sub quest in the tenshodo where charachters can steal special rare/ex items from notorious monsters all over the world (avalible only via steal), inside of sky sea dynamis abyssea toau wotg ect ect, that can be stolen and traded into the "black market fence" towards credit for new and awesome gear (not this augmenting crap!)
    (0)

would be nice if thf could steal items for next synergy updates.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast