Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Gallen
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'd like to see some form of "Perfect Hide", the current hide only works on mobs that track by sight, so useless on sound and scent mobs such as orcs, crawlers and most of the other mobs in the game. "Perfect Hide" would cover everything, meaning that no matter what mob you face, you have a chance of dumping all hate and maybe even giving a full sata off from behind the tank.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallen View Post
    I'd like to see some form of "Perfect Hide", the current hide only works on mobs that track by sight, so useless on sound and scent mobs such as orcs, crawlers and most of the other mobs in the game
    Hide works on mobs that agro by sound but don't track by scent e.g. undead (although it will fail on undead if you have yellow HP)
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziero

lvl 95 Precision - Enhances Sneak Attack. Allows Sneak Attack to be used from the sides of monsters as well as from behind.
    No need for a job trait, SA should just be changed to work like that. It actually *did* work like that before 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziero

lvl 55 Treasure Master - Enhances lock picking. This trait would give Thfs a boost at unlocking *all* locks in the game, Chests, Coffers, Caskets, Abyssea Pyxis etc etc etc. If it's a box that can be opened, Thf should be the best at opening it. With chests, it increases lock picking chances. For caskets and Pyxis etc, it allows thf to get more chances to open it or better clues etc. It would even allow Thfs to open boxes with Keys but not have the key break after use. Really, it's an overall "useless" ability, but ever since the coffer change a few years back I felt something needs to be done to give Thfs an edge in this most niche of niche activities.

This should simply be called Lockpicking.
    (0)

Character
    Ziero
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Hide works on mobs that agro by sound but don't track by scent e.g. undead (although it will fail on undead if you have yellow HP)
    It can also work on Orcs and other Sight aggro, scent tracking mobs, if you use it in water and out of the mob's line of sight. I've trained many a Davois way back when and survived by jumping in the river and hitting hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    No need for a job trait, SA should just be changed to work like that. It actually *did* work like that before 2004.

This should simply be called Lockpicking.
    While I would prefer that myself, SE changed it way back when for some reason. At the very least, something has to be done to make SA easier to land in burn PTs when mobs are spinning all over the place.

As for the name, I really couldn't care less what it's called, but god dammit Thf should be the best at opening boxes regardless of where those boxes come from. Back when Coffers and Chests were the only boxes in the game, Thf had it's niche and used it frequently, then suddenly SE kicks us in the balls when it comes to boxes then makes them a damn near central part of the new content? That's just mean.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziero View Post
    It can also work on Orcs and other Sight aggro, scent tracking mobs, if you use it in water and out of the mob's line of sight. I've trained many a Davois way back when and survived by jumping in the river and hitting hide.
    While this is true, it's merely a consequence from the internal tracking mechanism. Walking through water erases the scent by which mobs track. So technically, Hide only works when the mobs can't track you by scent. Whether it's because those kinds of mobs never track by scent, or because the player's scent has been erased by water or Deodorize doesn't matter.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Gallen
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I was mainly speaking of after combat has been initiated, you can't hide from an orc after you've started fighting it... Perfect Hide would allow this.
    (0)

Character
    Judge
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    I would like to see some adjustments towards soloing AND party orientation.
    A real thief would not be running around in a big battle going crazy swinging blades and intentionally drawing attention. They would be hiding and vanishing and nicking away at a target. So having moves that help keep a thf undetectable are more on par with the class imo. hide, SA, and TA getting enhancements would be nice.

But we also expect THF to be soloing or farming alone. So something to benefit that would be handy.

Hide could have a 30 second duration that initially resets hate as normal. but does not wear off unless attacked directly. During the duration there could be an increased critical hit rate and damage.. not 100%(we dont want a mini mighty strikes) but perhaps a 30% increase.

Sneak attackcould be modified so that all attacks that don't qualify as "behind the mob" have some sort of DoT dmg. ("Hey when did you poison me?!" type of thing) a long duration for the DoT would be desirable to assist when soloing tougher mobs.

Trick attack could be modified that any attack that misses or isn't "lined up" to do enfeebles similar to Despoil.

Despoil should do DEX based dmg as well and have its own separate timer.

Some new ideas

Bleed Deals Normal Crit dmg and deals DoT dmg equal to the initial attack every 3 seconds for a short duration. maybe 20-30 seconds? 5 minute recast

Tactical Pursuit Doubles Weapon Delay and TP gain, reduces evasion, 40% chance for Enstun, 10% chance for SA dmg crit. 60 second duration 8 minute recast.

Decoy Successful use plants a decoy target on the mob. next WS it befores detonates the decoy instead of hitting a player. would require accuracy similar to how steps can miss. 5 minute recast
    (0)
    Last edited by Judge; 05-02-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    ohhhh i really like that hide idea lol. More reasons to bring af body too~

When i read your ideas i also thought on some fun tweeks as well. What if while hidden our base damage was boosted by dex! And at the same rate Sneak Attack is, but without the added 100% crit. Sounds like fun to me! Crit rate could stay the same of our usual melee hits, or maybe completely negated so this doesn't get "that" strong lol. Could add other fun stuff like our attacks would generate no enmity while hidden too~

lol if we could stay hidden while meleeing it would be the end of people side stepping our Tricks Attacks too. Man i like this lol.

Another tweek i thought about was your SA planting poison. Instead of poison, make it plague! That will help us solo even more, and even fix some of our tp feeding aspect to boot.
    (1)

=] i like some of the ideas portrayed here~
    Personally id like to see...
    Flee II- 250% Movement Speed [Recast 5min?]
    like Cactrot Rapido >.>
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anneliese View Post
    =] i like some of the ideas portrayed here~
    Personally id like to see...
    Flee II- 250% Movement Speed [Recast 5min?]
    like Cactrot Rapido >.>
    While it may sound stupid, I'm fataly in love with Flee. I merited it over SA/TA and would love to see it boosted even more in some way (or, well, Flee II). It was one of the main reasons I leveled thief, right up there with the Optical Hat + Rapparee Harness + Denali Kecks look.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast